Waived: Marincin on waivers (Update - Clears and will go to the Marlies).

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Still no clue why Justin Holl is on this roster.

Marincin is a better player. Has looked good in the 9ish games he's played this year.

Holl scores two goals last year, and is apparently a roster lock despite barely playing this year lmao.

I ain't mad if Marincin gets claimed, but I find it odd we are dumping better players with NHL experience for a player that Babcock clearly has no interest in playing on our NHL roster. (Nor should he IMO)

Based on holls excessive amount of sample size you came to this conclusion! I would personally like to see him play some first :)

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Good to take that temptation off of Babs table for good.

When is the Goat going to be cut? I don't think I've ever seen him get to the puck first or win a puck battle. He stinks.

Reactions: Erdinger

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Watching Holl with the Marlies his skating to me looked above average, certainly of NHL calibre, his draw back is the same as many Leafs players his lack of physicality is his downfall, doesn't win battles along the boards. It's obvious Dubas likes him because he's not being waived.
Lol. He has below average feet. Straight away skating is fine. Transition skating is not and seeing as how D man need to tradition all the time he is not able to skate at the NHL while defending which is a big issue.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I think he was put on waivers instead of Holl because management believes someone will give him a shot. I could see Arizona or a team that will be selling off some players taking him and adding depth.

Hoping we can keep him as an insurance policy though.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If Marincin was an equal player but was a RHD he would have been claimed IMO. I have never noticed such a league wide RHD shortage. or maybe its an increased awareness being a Leaf fan and our black hole on the right side.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
If Marincin was an equal player but was a RHD he would have been claimed IMO. I have never noticed such a league wide RHD shortage. or maybe its an increased awareness being a Leaf fan and our black hole on the right side.

The thing is that Marincin can play the right side as well as the left side. You'd think that was more valuable than physical handedness.

There's always going to be a right hand shortage because there are so many more left hand shot amateurs (about 70% I think).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm happy he didn't have to relocate any where. He is likely going to be a career AHL Player and there is no better place to do that than with the Marlies.

Reactions: Keon1963

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
I believe Marincin going unclaimed twice is a definitive statement that he is not even a depth NHL defenceman. Sad to note that Holl is even worse. I thought Ottawa would claim Marincin; he would be in their Top 4!

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I am surprised he wasn't claimed.

Good chance he sees the door close and goes home.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I am surprised he wasn't claimed.

Good chance he sees the door close and goes home.

HES A TERRIBLE NHL HOCKEY PLAYER. He is not good enough to play at this level. He is not worth the roster spot at even a 7th dman.

I am actually SHOCKED that anyone is surprised he made it through waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad