WJC: Marincin hit on Zucker (UPD: Marincin suspended 4 games; Hrasko 3 games)

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
You mean the punch where the guy dropped his gloves but got hit first, right? Not the time and place for that, but the NHL saw nothing wrong with the fight, other than Avery getting the jump and the first punch in.
*Sigh* your right just because the NHL saw nothing wrong with it makes Avery's sucker punch non cowardly. hopefully a youtube of this hit will be up soon.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I havent seen both but could you guys rank the hits in order of most blatant to least blatant.

a) Marincin on Zucker
b) Kassian on Senerik
c) Hrasko on D'Amigo

Well, a) is worst.

I'd need to see again the Hrasko hit, but I think it wasn't a aimless hit. Kassian on Senerik, well, at least, it wasn't THAT late. Senerik didn't had the puck anymore, but it made sense for Senerik to be hit.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
*Sigh* your right just because the NHL saw nothing wrong with it makes Avery's sucker punch non cowardly. hopefully a youtube of this hit will be up soon.

It wasn't a sucker punch since the gloves were coming off and both players were facing each other. Sorry, homeslice. Doesn't work that way.

But yes, not the time and place for that since it's been argued to death. I hope someone can get a video of it the hit up soon.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Saw the replay on Hockeystreams.com - meh, it was cheap but didn't look nasty like Kassian's. Marincin is so tall and Zucker turned into. I'm going to call it "Marincin Physics"

All this whining about karma is funny. If it were true, Matt Cooke and Patrice Cormier wouldn't be playing. I'm guessing one or two game suspension at most.

You do realize Zucker didn't even have the puck. Christ, the d-man was the one playing it and Marincin completely blindsided him.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Did you actually see how long after the play was over he ran Zucker? He also targeted the head, unlike Kassian.

Yeah, exactly. You probably can't get an idea from the replay how late that was and totally unneccesary. That was not a hockey play in any way shape or form. It was nothing but a 100% pure attempt to injure, and a shot to the head no less.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Did you actually see how long after the play was over he ran Zucker? He also targeted the head, unlike Kassian. This was pure attempt to injure -- again, unlike Kassian's hit.

Yeah the puck left the area, but I've seen Tootoo make those types of late hits. Meh, Marincin is really tall. He seemed to want to bump Zucker (who was physical against the Slovak player moments before), but his shoulder hit Zucker's chin/head.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
It wasn't a sucker punch since the gloves were coming off and both players were facing each other. Sorry, homeslice. Doesn't work that way.

But yes, not the time and place for that since it's been argued to death. I hope someone can get a video of it the hit up soon.
Word i appreciate it Homeslice.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah the puck left the area, but I've seen Tootoo make those types of late hits. Meh, Marincin is really tall. He seemed to want to bump Zucker (who was physical against the Slovak player moments before), but his shoulder hit Zucker's chin/head.

Uh. He wanted to more than "bump him". He absolutely leveled Zucker with a dirty hit to the head -- targeting his head the whole way -- and, essentially, knocking him out. You do not see hits made that late in the NHL on any regular basis at all.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
You do realize Zucker didn't even have the puck. Christ, the d-man was the one playing it and Marincin completely blindsided him.

Yes.

I think people are overreacting due to the homer announcers who were calling it "an attempt to injure"

Seriously, I've seen Tootoo and Cooke do worse. This was an unfortunate hit to the head.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Uh. He wanted to more than "bump him". He absolutely leveled Zucker with a dirty hit to the head -- targeting his head the whole way -- and, essentially, knocking him out. You do not see hits made that late in the NHL on any regular basis at all.

Targeting his head? Don't make me laugh. It was a drive-by hit/bump. Watch Tootoo fly like a missile at a player's head for a real vicious hit. Marincin didn't look like he left his feet or anything.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yes.

I think people are overreacting due to the homer announcers who were calling it "an attempt to injure"

Seriously, I've seen Tootoo and Cooke do worse. This was an unfortunate hit to the head.

I take it you're an Edmonton fan? It would make sense because of how much of a homer you're being about this.

Just absurd to think this was not an attempt to injure and one of the dirtiest plays (if not the dirtiest, which I think it was) of the tournament so far.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Yes.

Marincin knew he did not have the puck. He skated full force into him. How is this not an attempt to injure? Was Marincin really helping the play by doing this? How could it have helped his team? What else would he intend to do?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I take it you're an Edmonton fan? It would make sense because of how much of a homer you're being about this.

Just absurd to think this was not an attempt to injure and one of the dirtiest plays (if not the dirtiest, which I think it was) of the tournament so far.

Just watch the replay. Marincin will get suspended for sure, but from the original hit it didn't look like it was cause a concussion. If he wanted to do serious damage he could have cross-checked him instead or "Tootoo-ed" him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Marincin knew he did not have the puck. He skated full force into him. How is this not an attempt to injure? Was Marincin really helping the play by doing this?

He's an Oilers prospect, so the play was awesome. Look at his tag under his name.

"Marincin physics"

Shows you how non-biased this Oilers fan is on this and how much salt you should take his opinion with.

salt-truck.jpg

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hate how there's always one poster who absolutely makes no sense whatsoever in each one of these threads, the one saying that a 2D photo was proof that Kassian hit the Czech's head, and the guy here who says that it wasn't an attempt to injure, don't make me laugh, It was just as well he hit him just as he stepped out of the box or something, the hit wasn't it the play at all, Zucker had went into the corner to bodycheck the Slovak player, who took the hit, and skated away with the puck, Zucker turned around to skate back up the ice and Marincin crushed him, it was absolutely a dirty hit, anyone who doesn't see that must be blind

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I never saw the hit so i can't comment on it but i find it ironic that a guy with a cowardly Avery sucker punch in his avatar so disgusted by cowardly hit.

Omg this is exactly what I was going to say. The guy defends the biggest coward in the game and all he says is "they hatin" and "u mad?". And now all of a sudden karma came back to bite him in the ass.

*For the record I have not seen the hit, and obviously Im not going to defend it if it was a dirty hit.

Mr Dangles

Made of 100% genuine star stuff.
Sep 23, 2008
Arizona
Wait so there was another dirty hit in the third period? YT anyone? I missed the third. I saw the hit in the first that gave US a 5 min PP but that's it.

PGCougarsDynasty

Dec 27, 2010
Hmmm haven't seen the hit but if some of what's been said is true it would seem kind of uncharacteristic of Marincin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad