WJC: Marincin hit on Zucker (UPD: Marincin suspended 4 games; Hrasko 3 games)

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Wow, did you just contradict yourself in two sentences? :laugh:

While I do want to meet you before judging you, I also think there is the possibility you are biased given you might be an Edmonton fan.

Look, I did it in one sentence.:yo:

Haha.

Well, you know what i mean...it could be a dirty hit regardless of the elbow, i am just saying that it would be damn hard to avoid putting his elbow in Zuckers face. I'm 6'1, and that guy juts towers over friggen everything.

You can get mad at marincin for the late run at a guy, but not for being a foot taller than the guy he is playing against.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Thought I'd wake up and see somebody post a video, but I guess not.

I'll try to re-upload it so it's not so grainy.

Last edited:

Bbird80

Oct 2, 2005
Whoa. Elbow in the face and puck far, far away. A dirty hit, no excuses for that.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Voxel, I think you might be my hero. You really took trolling to the next level on this one. Even going so far as to create a youtube user name called "marincinphysics". Well done.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It's a dirty hit. No doubt. But was it really retaliation for last year? Anyone have that video of Zucker hitting the Slovak d-man?

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Total bush league. Dude needs too be gone for the tourney.

What a coward. Any of us could do that to anyone at any time. Those cheap opportunities are always available and players at any level need to have restraint and self control. And if they don't, they need to be gone.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
well i dont like what marcincin did but just because he will miss some games but other than that i dont care for zucker. He just did the same last year. i guess marincin responded to that.

Agreed.

I coudln't care less for Zucker. He did the same to Slovakia's dman last year, when he totally took a run at him and hit him from the blind side.

Marcicin's hit was illegal of course though, don't bash me now.

MC David

Sep 26, 2008
Very dirty hit. If you look at his face at the end of that video he realizes that he did something very, very stupid. It would be interesting to hear why he did it, because no throws an elbow like that for no reason, maybe frustration? maybe retaliation?

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Agreed.

I coudln't care less for Zucker. He did the same to Slovakia's dman last year, when he totally took a run at him and hit him from the blind side.

The d-man actually had the puck last year. Very far from the same thing.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Damnit... Can the Wild catch a break with ANY of their promising prospects? Granlund's recovering from a concussion, Cuma's had a broken leg in one way, shape or form for longer than I can remember, now Zucker may well have a concussion too. Ugh...

Plain as day, blatantly dirty hit. Marincin had better not see any more WJC ice.... That was just plain cowardly. Zero restraint. Zero attempt to at least make a hard hit part of the play.

This guy needs to have the book thrown at him. Hard, physical hockey is one thing, but when players are targeting headshots? All bets are off.

cenas*

I thought retaliations of dirty plays are north american hockey. In the NHL that would be an interference..

Last edited by a moderator:

Macman

May 15, 2004
Wow, that's in an entirely different league from the Kassian hit. No excuse for that at all.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I thought retaliations of dirty plays are north american hockey.

Translation please? Are you trying to insinuate that retaliation and dirty plays are common in American hockey?

I would say that a stronger, more physical brand of hockey is a NORTH AMERICAN tradition. By virtue of having more hits - and in particular, more BIG hits - there's going to be more retaliation to perceived dirty hits.

the word*

Marincin decked Zucker pretty good with an illegal hit. I don't think it was an elbow, it was the shoulder to the head, but it was away from the play. In the nhl, if Zucker gets up and skates away it's a two minute interference penalty.

As for fighting, Marincin would probably have pwned anyone that went after him. Hope Zucker can get back playing soon. Marincin will probably get a suspension but I hope to see him back in time for the game against Finland.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
Dirty play, and if this guy already got a major for a knee on knee hit against Zucker then this is even worse.

They should allow fighting, it would make this cheap shot artist think twice

the word*

Dirty play, and if this guy already got a major for a knee on knee hit against Zucker then this is even worse.

They should allow fighting, it would make this cheap shot artist think twice

Marincin's a pretty big boy. USA just might be down two players if someone went after him.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
A Mark Messier special.

Yup.

As an Oilers fan it's actually interesting to see a "jerk" being one of our top prospects.

Chris Pronger and others have done things just as blatant and dangerous. Not saying he's that callibre of player, just that the Oilers haven't had a mean player for a long time. Pronger was probably the last one, and he was actually tame during his Edmonton stint. Before that...Marchment?

puck swami

Apr 29, 2004
Agreed.

It wasn't the same kind of hit at all. The Slovak d-man had the puck when Zucker hit him last year. Zucker should have got a penalty.

Last night's hit on Zucker was just a dirty, cowardly, retaliatory garbage hit - nowhere near the puck.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I just saw the highlight of the hit and have no idea why some Oiler fans are defending this hit. In all honesty, he should be suspended for the rest of the tournament, that was as dirty as it gets.
It sucks because i have high hopes for this kid and was hoping to get a chance to see him play against the best of his peers, dumb play on his part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad