Marincin Being Sat... For Keith Aulie.. MM to OKC For a Few Hours, Back Up Now

• Thread starter McDeathbyCheerios*
  • Start date

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
How do these paper transactions work? Does he have to actually get on a plan to show good faith or what?
He has to get on the plane and then execute an above average skydive back to his gate.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So he was never really sent down or being sat. Eakins was talking about Aulie as if he were playing though. Is someone else sitting then?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
The WOWY show that both Nikitin and Schultz do much better apart than together, and yet here they are together again.

No doubt Dellow would be all over this, so you start to wonder how much influence he actually has.

Those numbers i'd suggest are heavily influenced by usage. Nikitin-Schultz get more ice time in games the Oilers are behind in because Eakins feels they can score. Also when they play together they can often get put out against middling talent. I like the idea of protecting them on the 3rd, i just wish they kept on with that line of thinking regardless of the score.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
So incredibly tired of the mentally deficient decisions our buffoon of a coach makes.
With him constantly swapping our better players for non NHLers, and MacT's absurd determination to build around a highly flawed "core", we are assured many more painful seasons.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Absolutely pathetic decision. Sit the guy you play against the toughest competition for and ogre who can barely skate. Only Eakins :shakehead

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yeah I'm definitely one of the head-scratchers on this one. I'm a bigger fan of Marincin than most. I was hoping he was playing.

I know Nikitin won't be sat, but switch those players and we might have won tonight

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Parkarinen in 5:50 of ice time tonight was able to accumulate as many hits...3...as Marincin, Gordon, Purcell have had all year...one behind Mr Norris... what the ****

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO Aulie played well tonight. Marincin should slot back in tomorrow but not for Aulie for Nikitin.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Parkarinen in 5:50 of ice time tonight was able to accumulate as many hits...3...as Marincin, Gordon, Purcell have had all year...one behind Mr Norris... what the ****

Gordon has never been physical, he blocks shots, and uses his stick very well. He doesn't need to hit. Marincin needs to add mass to play a physical game, and Purcell, well... ya, he's just a p****. Pakarinen definitely deserves to keep playing based on tonight

davidsitar

Apr 12, 2011
Gordon has never been physical, he blocks shots, and uses his stick very well. He doesn't need to hit. Marincin needs to add mass to play a physical game, and Purcell, well... ya, he's just a p****. Pakarinen definitely deserves to keep playing based on tonight

I would rather have someone like Pakarinen in the lineup hitting and driving the net over Purcell. I had some hopes for Purcell at the start of the season but he is far too soft and the puck always seems to bounce around on him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
IMO Aulie played well tonight. Marincin should slot back in tomorrow but not for Aulie for Nikitin.

Completely agree. Aullie provided something this defence desperately needs...a physical presence.

I have to say...its been a freaking long time since I have responded to one of your posts in total agreement. :laugh:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I would rather have someone like Pakarinen in the lineup hitting and driving the net over Purcell. I had some hopes for Purcell at the start of the season but he is far too soft and the puck always seems to bounce around on him.

I agree. I actually said it a couple times during the game. Just scratch him. I didn't like him in Tampa, but hoped I just hadn't seen enough of him. Nope. He's that bad.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Completely agree. Aullie provided something this defence desperately needs...a physical presence.

I have to say...its been a freaking long time since I have responded to one of your posts in total agreement. :laugh:

It's nice to see that you've finally seen the light :p: ;)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
All joking aside he did quite well outside of that holding the stick penalty IMO. He looked better than Nikitin that's for damn sure! :help:

Agreed. I was actually hoping Aullie would turn things around. I iike the player so I am pulling for him.

As for Nikitin...he looks very tentative and unsure to me. I haven't seen him a ton but I don't ever recall seeing him so unsure out there.

Sadly he fits right in with most of the team.

It sure looks like the teams biggest problem right now is a lack of confidence. Its very tough to turn around a losing culture. This was the very thing I was afraid of when this scorched earth rebuild started. There will be much pain and probably a big trade before this gets turned around.

Anybody that thinks this is going to be anything but a slow process from here on out is fooling themselves IMO.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
It sure looks like the teams biggest problem right now is a lack of confidence. Its very tough to turn around a losing culture. This was the very thing I was afraid of when this scorched earth rebuild started. There will be much pain and probably a big trade before this gets turned around.

Anybody that thinks this is going to be anything but a slow process from here on out is fooling themselves IMO.

But the future is now. This is insane.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed. I was actually hoping Aullie would turn things around. I iike the player so I am pulling for him.

As for Nikitin...he looks very tentative and unsure to me. I haven't seen him a ton but I don't ever recall seeing him so unsure out there.

Sadly he fits right in with most of the team.

Nikitin also looks slow which magnifies any mistake that he makes.

IMO a coaching change and a trade or two minimum is what we need to turn this team around.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Other than falling down by himself and then holding the opposing player's stick for a penalty, I thought he played quite well.

Nikitin was awful... and Klefbom looked really raw too.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
But the future is now. This is insane.

Indeed...in terms of how much time has passed the future should be now. In terms of the on ice product...the time is not now.

There are 2 things that have to change IMO before this team becomes respectable. The core has to change and the habits of the team have to change.

The core is a group of players who basically bring a similar tool set to the table. No balance in this group. Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak and Schultz all bring a similar set of skills...no truculence at all. Just a soft skill game. How in the world Management thought that this group would be the core to build around is beyond me.

Outside of that the habits of this team are still bad. They have improved but there still too many moments when the team does something stupid with the puck or their coverage. Only time and/or player changes will move this along.
Coaching is not holding this team back.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nikitin also looks slow which magnifies any mistake that he makes.

IMO a coaching change and a trade or two minimum is what we need to turn this team around.

Nikitins speed isnt an issue for me. Its his indecision thats hurting his game. Over handling the puck...backing in and giving up too much ice while defending. These are choices driven by a lack of confidence IMO.

As for the coaching. I get that everybody wants a scapegoat but the 5th coach in 7 years is not going to change very much. The problems extend well beyond coaching.

A trade on the other hand...I think that is inevitable. I would be shocked if one of the core isnt gone by the New Year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad