Marian Hossa 500 goals watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Now that Ovi's is out of the way, I'm sure there will be a lot more attention paid to Hossa. I hope he gets it soon and it will be very well deserved.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Hoss semi close to a hat trick tonight. Glad he got 2.. was without one for 16-17? straight. Hoping we see #500 during the 2nd half!

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Also needs to hit 504 to become the highest goal scoring Slovak ever. Currently Peter Bondra with 503. Very doable.

Sitting at the second spot for all time scoring Slovak list as well, but I think Peter Stastny has that one locked up with 1239 (Hossa at 1075). I mean unless he actually does play out his contract :sarcasm:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Just something I found amazing and by no means a slight to Hossa.

Hossa isn't a goalscorer, it's unfair to compare him to Ovechkin

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Hossa isn't a goalscorer, it's unfair to compare him to Ovechkin

Sure he is. 5 30+goal seasons and 3 40+ goal seasons on top of that. If that doesn't make him a goal scorer, then I don't know what does. That's an amazing goal scoring career in today's hockey. Ovechkin's goal scoring is just out of this world, nobody compares to him in that regard. Anyway like he said he wasn't saying that to discredit M. Hossa.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Just something I found amazing and by no means a slight to Hossa.

Is he third in goals scored since the lockout? (Another poster in the OV thread noticed that Patrick Marleau is second.) This is not a knock on OV, as the Caps don't need him to kill penalties, but Hossa has always played both power play and penalty kill (and has some sweet shorthanded goals).

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Sure he is. 5 30+goal seasons and 3 40+ goal seasons on top of that. If that doesn't make him a goal scorer, then I don't know what does.

Hossa doesn't enter the offensive zone with the mentality to shoot as many pucks as he can at the net. Hossa is an elite 2 way player that's good enough to score a lot of goals. Watch games instead of stat watching

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Sure he is. 5 30+goal seasons and 3 40+ goal seasons on top of that. If that doesn't make him a goal scorer, then I don't know what does. That's an amazing goal scoring career in today's hockey. Ovechkin's goal scoring is just out of this world, nobody compares to him in that regard. Anyway like he said he wasn't saying that to discredit M. Hossa.

The type of player he is just isn't a goal scorer. Just like Crosby is considered a play maker even though he has a 50 goal season and 5 30+ goal seasons.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Is he third in goals scored since the lockout? (Another poster in the OV thread noticed that Patrick Marleau is second.) This is not a knock on OV, as the Caps don't need him to kill penalties, but Hossa has always played both power play and penalty kill (and has some sweet shorthanded goals).

Iginla is 2nd, actually, with 351. Rick Nash is 3rd (332), Marleau 4th (317).

Hossa is 10th, behind also Crosby, Perry, Vanek, Kovalchuk and [Eric] Staal.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He has struggled a little bit as of late, hasn't he?
In the Hawks games I watched, he looks snakebitten. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot. He used to be one of the top two-way forwards of the game back in 2005-2010 along with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
An underrated and under-appreciated player. Has participated in 6 SCF, losing the first 3 and winning the last 3 on the Hawks dynasty team.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Is he gonna jump around with the team coming off the bench. Get a gold plated toilet seat as well? Get an interview a free mansion and more? I get getting excited but that amount of celebration is ridiculous. Especially ovis

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
In the Hawks games I watched, he looks snakebitten. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot. He used to be one of the top two-way forwards of the game back in 2005-2010 along with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
An underrated and under-appreciated player. Has participated in 6 SCF, losing the first 3 and winning the last 3 on the Hawks dynasty team.

The Hawks "dynasty team" doesn't happen without Hossa.

No forward I've ever seen plays center ice as well as he does defensively (although he's shown some signs of slowing a little this season). If he can keep up this current level (15-20 goals/ 20-25 assists/ great defense) for the next few years he'll still be a very valuable piece.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Patrick Marleau has 470 and is on pace to have about 485 by season's end, 500 by Christmas 2016!

Patrick+Marleau+San+Jose+Sharks+v+Vancouver+dzIHJbXyuf2x.jpg

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Is he gonna jump around with the team coming off the bench. Get a gold plated toilet seat as well? Get an interview a free mansion and more? I get getting excited but that amount of celebration is ridiculous. Especially ovis

Ovy is the only one with potential to set records and is still young and is still producing at a high level. And he is a top 3 player who we followed his entire career like no other except Crosby. That's why it was a big deal. For consideration of the future as much as the present.

Iginla was a big deal because no one hits 600 anymore and because he is a legend in his own right on a bigger scale than most players today.

It won't be as big a deal for Hossa or Marleau.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Massively under rated as a player, was always a big fan... Shame to see him sent out of Ottawa :(

Hossa isn't underrated at all, anywhere really. Especially on HFboards. He's been a golden god here for years because of his playstyle

Dec 2, 2010
What a player to watch and for others to learn from him. Forward prospects should have a daily compulsory video session of Hossa and Dats footage.

I hope he can stay healthy for many years.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

He hasn't been able to finish this year. He's slowed down just a touch this season, but the biggest reason for his production drop is the inability to finish.

3.18 shots p/game compared to 3.30 over his career but he's shooting 5.6% (up after scoring twice) compared to 12.3% career. It should be noted that he shot 8.6 last year so this appears to be a bit of a trend, not just bad luck. I'd expect him to pick it up a bit though and get 500 this year.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hossa doesn't enter the offensive zone with the mentality to shoot as many pucks as he can at the net. Hossa is an elite 2 way player that's good enough to score a lot of goals. Watch games instead of stat watching

Hossa is an all-time nhl top 20 player in shots attempted. what games are you watching? hossa has slipped physically but there is zero indication the shoot first and often mentality hes had all career is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad