Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
This is completely false and I really don't know where this narrative comes from

Pirri is shooting literally the EXACT same rate at ES he has this year that he has over his career.

This year: 5.42 shots/60. 11.05 attempts/60

Career: 8.04 shots/60. 15.39 attempts/60.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This year: 5.42 shots/60. 11.05 attempts/60

Career: 8.04 shots/60. 15.39 attempts/60.

Where the **** was I looking when I got that number this morning........jeez.

You're right, I apologize.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Verdict?

Good hockey player?

I'd have to say so. He's deferring a bit as a rookie, but he's getting to and on pucks, finding the open man, helping create turnovers.

He's more active every shift than Puempel. Stronger too, there's a hunger and sense of urgency to his game that I think some of the other forwards lack.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He's looked better in his couple of games than Pirri, Puempel, or Jooris have looked. I honestly want him to stay up to see what he can do. Good 4th liner.

Plus, Hrivik - Lindberg - Fast has been great. HLF.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He has a lot of tools that I like, hope he keeps it up.

Me too. Good stick checker, good along the boards, cycles the puck well, protects the puck decently, and he has good defensive awareness. He's also not the worst offensive player I've seen, although he's nothing too special in that regard. Pretty good skater too.

He just has the tools to be a great bottom 6'er. Would much rather have him on that bottom line over Jooris and Pirri, and Puempel.

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
Hrivik played well last night. His first two games not so much.

The thing is that because of the waivers rules, Hrivik and Jensen can be sent back down again multiple times with no worries of being claimed if they each play less than 10 games and are on the NHL roster for less than 30 days (cumulatively for each player). That buys time for other possible fourth liners to come back.

BTW, Jooris has a guarantee of making $400,000 in the AHL.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes he did, a lot better compare to his first game @Leslie.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Verdict?

Good hockey player?

Serviceable 4th liner but he's really just an AHL guy. He's pretty good on the walls and that line with OL and JF had some good OZone cycles last night but he really has 0 offensive capability at this level.

He makes Fast look decent offensively. At least, IMO. He's good for a shift to kill some time in the ozone but he won't make anything of it on the scoreboard.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Has anyone else been quietly impressed with Hrivik? Good along the boards, his speed has definitely improved from last year and he keeps the game simple. Adds another PKer and he has some skill to his game.

I really like that Hrivik-Lindberg-Fast 4th line.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I really like that Hrivik-Lindberg-Fast 4th line.

Same here.

Funny how at the beginning of the season we were all excited about putting out 4 lines that could be dangerous. Now...we have more of a traditional 4th line with players that really get by on with work ethic and by being defensively responsible ... and the beauty of it all is that they have been one of our most successful lines pressure-wise. Go figure.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've been saying for a few years now that the guy belongs in the NHL, but was simply a victim of circumstance. Hopefully he sticks this time.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Same here.

Funny how at the beginning of the season we were all excited about putting out 4 lines that could be dangerous. Now...we have more of a traditional 4th line with players that really get by on with work ethic and by being defensively responsible ... and the beauty of it all is that they have been one of our most successful lines pressure-wise. Go figure.

Reliability. That's what it is, these guys all work hard, hustle, bring a consistent shift each time they're out there.

Hrivik does telegraph a few of his passes, if he knocks that out, and maintains the smart play.... this is an NHLer.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I've been saying for a few years now that the guy belongs in the NHL, but was simply a victim of circumstance. Hopefully he sticks this time.

Beacon, myself, a few others have been saying it since Lindberg was in the minors and they were 1-2 down the middle.

They can do what modern bottom 6 players need to do.

The skating and puck management skills are there.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just not sure what you guys are seeing with him..he does nothing out there for me. Not good on offense, not that special on defense...pretty useless IMO.

What does he bring to the table that makes him an NHL player deserving to play over others?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00