Recalled/Assigned: Marek Hrivik

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
We literally just saw someone advocate for giving him 3rd line minutes, so we now have that

Enjoying taking comments out of context. I agree his main role is 4C

but yes i wrote, and believe, that with the lineup missing Zib, and
no one else grabbing the job,
Jooris should be tried as 3c. Or even Hrivik.

It has NOT worked out with Pirri or Miller at C,
and Lindberg just has not found his legs/game yet.

so how is this worse?
no one else has taken hold of the role

as little as you have seen from Jooris, have you seen more from the other guys?
Pirri is 1/3 of an NHL forward,
Puempel, have we seen anything at all from Puempel? besides 1 nice finish of a perfect feed

the team needs something to get the bottom six going
there is no evidence the other guys can do that sooner or better than Jooris and Hrivik, they have had the chances, and have not earned it

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I kinda just glossed through the thread, so I must've missed it. But yeah, he's a fourth liner. He looked better before his injury, but I agree that he, along with the entire ****ing team, need to play better asap. I wouldn't waive him just because having him as a 13th forward wouldn't be the worst thing and we need right-handed forwards.

I would gladly waive him if we have a better player. This is Hrivik's chance.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Enjoying taking comments out of context. I agree his main role is 4C

but yes i wrote, and believe, that with the lineup missing Zib, and
no one else grabbing the job,
Jooris should be tried as 3c. Or even Hrivik.

It has NOT worked out with Pirri or Miller at C,
and Lindberg just has not found his legs/game yet.

so how is this worse?
no one else has taken hold of the role

as little as you have seen from Jooris, have you seen more from the other guys?
Pirri is 1/3 of an NHL forward,
Puempel, have we seen anything at all from Puempel? besides 1 nice finish of a perfect feed

the team needs something to get the bottom six going
there is no evidence the other guys can do that sooner or better than Jooris and Hrivik, they have had the chances, and have not earned it

As little? I've seen him play about 30 NHL games and a bunch in college. I was never really impressed with him in college and remain very "meh" on him in the NHL. I didn't see much (if any) of his AHL play, but scouting the stat line is uninspiring.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Agree whole-heartedly. You see the same behavior with Prospects, as well. People typically do not watch WHL, OHL, and QMJHL games...nor are they able to watch much of what goes on in countries like Sweden or Finland. Yet...somehow...people claim to be familiar enough with the abilities of prospects to make intricate posts laying out their strengths and weaknesses.

I do respect the posters on this board and appreciate all the knowledge it contains...but I can't help but feel that some opinions are based on nothing.

There were a few years there where we could all watch Canadian junior and AHL games for a nominal fee, but since that service disappeared, it's really hard/expensive. I feel like a lot of what I read now is pure fabrication.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Agree whole-heartedly. You see the same behavior with Prospects, as well. People typically do not watch WHL, OHL, and QMJHL games...nor are they able to watch much of what goes on in countries like Sweden or Finland. Yet...somehow...people claim to be familiar enough with the abilities of prospects to make intricate posts laying out their strengths and weaknesses.

I do respect the posters on this board and appreciate all the knowledge it contains...but I can't help but feel that some opinions are based on nothing.

I can't speak for others, but as a Seattle Thunderbirds fan, I watch a lot of WHL games. And my best friend is a Jets fan, basically the only person I know who watches hockey in my country. I see a lot of Western Conference games because of this.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
As little? I've seen him play about 30 NHL games and a bunch in college. I was never really impressed with him in college and remain very "meh" on him in the NHL. I didn't see much (if any) of his AHL play, but scouting the stat line is uninspiring.

fine, HG i wont drag this on further, but just make clear why I am discussing Jooris lately:
why not give him a shot, since all the others have done so little, with lots more icetime?

anyway, assuming Nash, Puempel probably out for the next week+,
all of Lindberg, Hrivik, Pirri, Jooris will have increased responsibility,
and NYR's success will rely on some of them rising to the opportunity

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
fine, HG i wont drag this on further, but just make clear why I am discussing Jooris lately:
why not give him a shot, since all the others have done so little, with lots more icetime?

anyway, assuming Nash, Puempel probably out for the next week+,
all of Lindberg, Hrivik, Pirri, Jooris will have increased responsibility,
and NYR's success will rely on some of them rising to the opportunity

What has he done to deserve "lots more icetime"? I'm not trying to be combative, but it sounds like you have a real love for the guy.

He hasn't warranted any more ice time than he's received thus far. As always, I'll eat crow if he all of a sudden turns his game around (I'm one of the few people who will gladly do that on HFB), but the guy has done nothing to warrant anything more than 4th line ice time. And it's even hard to say he's deserved that. I initially liked the signing, but I can see why he was not given a qualifying offer.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
yeah that extra comma made it confusing, shoulda read
"..since all the others have done so little with lots more icetime?"

its not that i love the guy, although i do believe he may have more to give

its that (like the folks who hate Glass or Girardi)
i am so frustrated with seeing Pirri and Puempel, who do nothing, game after game after game, while our record sinks

maybe Jensen will get in lineup over Jooris @ Winn or Chi ...

I don't ever root for our guys to be hurt, but not sad that the Puempel project will be on hold for a while. To me, he has been the worst of the bottom F guys ...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's better out there that Puempel, IMO. And given that he plays a 2-way game I probably take him over Pirri. And Jooris sucks.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
More reliable and useful 5v5 than Peumpel and dare I say Pirri.

The latter isn't generating his own shots like he was in preseason vs 4A competition.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
More reliable and useful 5v5 than Peumpel and dare I say Pirri.

The latter isn't generating his own shots like he was in preseason vs 4A competition.

This is completely false and I really don't know where this narrative comes from

Pirri is shooting literally the EXACT same rate at ES he has this year that he has over his career.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd rather keep Hrivik around than Lindberg. Strong along the boards and he made some good outlet passes last night.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
This is completely false and I really don't know where this narrative comes from

Pirri is shooting literally the EXACT same rate at ES he has this year that he has over his career.

People are finally seeing why he bounces from team to team though. He hasn't been taking good quality shots for a while now. Even his shot on the pp has become more focused on getting it on net than power which is fine but very average

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
He's an NHL player skill wise, only reasons he'd be sent down is because of reputation.

It's not so much reputation as rookies need some babysitting. All coaches without exception prefer vets, which the fans hate because a new rookie is sexier than a bottom-6 veteran, but the vet knows all the little things and the coach can just forget about him, knowing he'll do his 12 minutes a game without any special positives or negatives. A rookie needs to be explained some stuff, he needs time, he needs to be shown the system. Why bother when you can plug in a vet who's about the same or even if the vet is marginally worse, but not enough to change the course of the game? More time left to work on rookies who can be game-breakers (Vesey, Butcher, Skjei) or on star vets who lead the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad