Player Discussion Marcus Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
im very impressed but that could be just because I was used to Bieksa and Beauch. he is clearly our 5th best d in my opinion.

Reactions: Kalv

DonDa

Apr 28, 2012
Budapest
Average, maybe a 6-7/ahl call-up unless adds some more size
Lol. Have you ever seen him playing? Sure, he could add some muscle, but with his hockey IQ and smart decision making, he is perfect for the Ducks. It's not all about size today.

Edit: according to your logic, Klingberg is also a 3rd pair guy, because he is not that big.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Average, maybe a 6-7/ahl call-up unless adds some more size
He could stand to fill out his frame, but he's got a lot of room to do so. He makes quick, smart decisions and is pretty good defensively.

He looked a bit out of place his first few games but he's been a lot better as of late. That toolset seems to be finally coming together.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Lol. Have you ever seen him playing? Sure, he could add some muscle, but with his hockey IQ and smart decision making, he is perfect for the Ducks. It's not all about size today.

Edit: according to your logic, Klingberg is also a 3rd pair guy, because he is not that big.
Really? Fowler is a #2 and is not big,
Petterson is a 6/7 for now is he now a top 4 dman in the league?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Right now he is probably a #6 so I don't take anything that ridiculous about what's dirk is saying.

Unless he's saying that he's done developing.

I would very much like to see how good he can become if he put on 10-15 more pounds

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Petterssom def needs to fill out his frame, id agree with a 6/7 guy at this moment but he def has room to develop into a bottom pairing guy.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Petterssom def needs to fill out his frame, id agree with a 6/7 guy at this moment but he def has room to develop into a bottom pairing guy.
I think he can be a very good #4(2nd pair complementary) if things goes well.

He has the brain, not a bad skater also. The only things he lacks now seem to be experience and frame - both of whom, I`m sure will come. He`s only 21, there is a lot of growing to do by him both physically and mentally. He`s nowhere near what he can be

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
He played in the top 4 for a few games and looked good and has looked good in a bottom pairing role.

Based on his play, he’s a #5 right now. Whether or not that’s due to adrenaline from his first NHL stint remains to be seen.

Reactions: Trojans86

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He still struggles along the boards, but that will come with strength and experience. His passing ability more than makes up for that however, as Bieksa and Holzer can't break out idea zone to save their lives. That alone is worth him being an every game player.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I hoped he would go ABSOLUTELY HORIZONTAL a few more times in Ducks jersey but definitely best of luck to him in Pittsburgh, I think it is a better situation for him there. He has the smarts to become a better player and so far I have no reason to question his work ethics and he is still very young for a defenseman. I hope Pitt fans can appreciate him.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad