Player Discussion Marcus Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I remember having a discussion with TJM and him holding it against Petterson that he can't gain muscle in time-frame that was a biologically impossible. Fun times. That guy had some theories...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He is another potential Manson type of progression.

He was transformed to D only shortly before the draft I believe. Obviously needs to add mass and he is not a Manson type of physical defenseman but don`t be surprised if he progress a lot going further.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's still very much a raw prospect, but the tools are there. I don't think he's quite NHL ready yet, but he's a late bloomer and still a solid prospect.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He is another potential Manson type of progression.

He was transformed to D only shortly before the draft I believe. Obviously needs to add mass and he is not a Manson type of physical defenseman but don`t be surprised if he progress a lot going further.

He played forward? How long before his draft year was that?

Sbisa was also a forward. Let’s hope he follows the Manson and not the Sbisa path of development.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Sbisa was also a forward. Let’s hope he follows the Manson and not the Sbisa path of development.

It's not so much a path as a...

wile_3366650b.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I believe it was reported that until he was 16 he was a forward.

So this is only his 5th year as a dfenseman

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Still not as bad as the Bieksa statements...

Nah, the worst was when he said that Norfolk fans have no reason to be upset and that they should be just as happy with an ECHL team as an AHL one. I remember asking him "So if Anaheim loses their NHL team but gets an AHL team, people shouldn't be upset at all?" His response: "Nope." I think he blocked me after that conversation.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Am I the only one feeling that in most of the goals any Duck has scored lately, you see Pettersson joining the goal scorer in the celebration?
His +8 in 14 games suggests the same. Good things seem to happen when he is on the ice that is a good... ability, I guess.
PS
That`s a pace on being +47 in a full season :laugh:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Am I the only one feeling that in most of the goals any Duck has scored lately, you see Pettersson joining the goal scorer in the celebration?
His +8 in 14 games suggests the same. Good things seem to happen when he is on the ice that is a good... ability, I guess.
PS
That`s a pace on being +47 in a full season :laugh:
He's earned his pluses, for such an ungainly guy he always seems to be where he needs to be. And for a skinny little fella he doesn't seem timid or anything. I've been really impressed with him. We'll see what happens once the shine wears off but so far so good.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I still don't understand how he pulled that hit off on Cole. I also can't remember him ever being injured. Maybe he's got the same Gumby traits as Perry.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think it has more to do with Larsson plays on the left and we need right side guys at the moment.

Doesn't Larsson play on the right in SD?

Very impressed with Pettersson lately. Confidence is growing with each game and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->