Player Discussion Marcus Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Solid game

Extremely sheltered as a first game rookie should be but had a great first pass and connected on most of his passes

Keep your head up kid he got steamrolled a couple times

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We have to learn how to spell his name, last few days I saw several misspellings. Not a grammar nazi (I also often make grammar mistakes) but I think you should know how to spell the names of your favorite teams players.

Related: Rackell, Anderson, etc

Congrats Marcus on his first game. +2 in a 3-2 game is a nice start. He took a lot of time to get here, and it sounds like he`s nowhere near of his career peak

918795088_slide.jpg

918823730_slide.jpg

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He was okay, not good not bad... i still think welinski was the better choice for the call up based on the pairings but hopefully we keep giving these guys a chance.

Much better than bieska thats for sure

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I thought he was pretty good for his rookie debut.

He's clearly a very smart player, has a great first pass and obviously covers a lot of ground (skating + reach). He had a couple of pretty aggressive pinches, which was surprising and he got caught on the first one, laid a hit on Debrincat on the second.

Welinski is more physically ready to handle an NHL forecheck at this point, but I thought Pettersson was better defending the rush. He'll probably get better at handling the forecheck (and pinching) once he gets accustomed to the speed of the NHL.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Him and megna are both lanky and take up a lot of ice

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Very smooth puck mover, passed the puck well and a good skater. Mediocre positioning and gap control, at times he gave the Hawks too much room and at other times he was quite aggressive and got out of position. That will come with experience though. He didn’t really get tested along the boards so hard to commet there.

Overall a good debut.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How was he today? Tight game, less TOI

Not nearly as good. Didn’t have the puck as much to make plays and got caught out of position and running around his own zone a lot. Lost a few board battles too. It didn’t help that Manson had an absolute stinker.

Oct 18, 2011
he should play very sheltered minutes, I think he has good upside and talent but he's still just a lanky kid, he needs to be eased into the league

Oct 18, 2011
I thought he was pretty good for his rookie debut.

He's clearly a very smart player, has a great first pass and obviously covers a lot of ground (skating + reach). He had a couple of pretty aggressive pinches, which was surprising and he got caught on the first one, laid a hit on Debrincat on the second.

Welinski is more physically ready to handle an NHL forecheck at this point, but I thought Pettersson was better defending the rush. He'll probably get better at handling the forecheck (and pinching) once he gets accustomed to the speed of the NHL.
They could also be showcasing him for a trade or a trade of someone else like Larsson and seeing if these kids like Pettersson and Welinski are legit enough, I think with Mahura's emergence something could happen

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I don't think they're showcasing him for a trade. For one thing it's not like scouts are incapable of showing up at AHL games, and most teams would understand his experience level and the problems that go with it without seeing him in an NHL game. His cup of coffee coincides with the team looking shaky, I think that is most likely the cause for him getting a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad