bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Live look at Pettersson

main-qimg-544778e133cfb4b229417bce037ba708.webp

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I remember making a post here about our prospect progression, and singling out Pettersson. Then he got a call up not long after that, and is looking pretty good. I've liked what I've seen of him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He’s been very good lately, I didn’t think he was ready at first but the last little while he’s very much been an NHL player. It’s a bonus he can play the right side too.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I remember in the wjc he led Sweden in goals from blue line as well as shots so hopefully he has some offensive potential but even if he doesn’t his puck movement is modern nhl for sure

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's a modern DFD with some offensive upside. Strong passer, intelligent, and mobile. He's looked better and better as he's gained experience.

(plus he's got the Toronto pick voodoo going for him, too)

Reactions: Dmang714

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
(plus he's got the Toronto pick voodoo going for him, too)

That voodoo is strong too - it could even have been briefly theirs before we get the pick back, and the voodoo will have worked.

The pick we used on Kase was traded away to Toronto (as part of the David Steckel trade) and came back to us in the Holland trade.

Reactions: Elf

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
That voodoo is strong too - it could even have been briefly theirs before we get the pick back, and the voodoo will have worked.

The pick we used on Kase was traded away to Toronto (as part of the David Steckel trade) and came back to us in the Holland trade.

And we only got the pick because Holland played 25 games which Leaf fans all complained about. Carlyle is the gift that keeps on giving.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I wonder why this guy can't put on some meat. Is his metabolism that crazy? Can you imagine his ability if he wasnt a stringbean? If he was 210, he has the IQ and technical ability to be a great top 4 dman. I can't believe there isnt any trainer out there that can figure out how to make him stronger and build mass at a quicker rate.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
He will get stronger. I think this will be the main task for the summer. Lindholms metric should be his target.

I wonder why he had a limited role in the SHL when I look at his current game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He will get stronger. I think this will be the main task for the summer. Lindholms metric should be his target.

I wonder why he had a limited role in the SHL when I look at his current game.
Wild guess: he banged his helmet against jumbotrones constantly. Bigger NHL arenas has allowed him to really flourish and focus on his game

Oct 18, 2011
I am excited about his potential but it's still early and he is still a project but you gotta like the tools. His mobility and puck moving ability are what you look for and we know he has a bomb of a shot that hasn't really been showcased yet

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Wasn't he a scratch in the playoffs? If remember correctly he was on the bottom pair. Nevertheless he is a good hockey player. With the emergence of Mahura it will be interesting to see what will happen to Larsson.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
For a guy who is quite a toolsy player I’m surprised he’s never really produced at any professional level yet.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
For a guy who is quite a toolsy player I’m surprised he’s never really produced at any professional level yet.

That's just an Euro defenseman thing, as in order to make it to the pro level, their main focus is strictly on learning the defensive side of the game. If they have an offensive flair in their game, the points will come eventually. Even Dahlin, who's hyped as a world-class all-around defenseman, "only" has 20 points in 41 games in SHL, which is not THAT much for someone with incredible offensive tools.

Look at Lindholm's development, for example. He went from 4 points in 20 games in Sweden's tier 2 men's league, then 11 points in 44 AHL games, to ultimately having a 30-point rookie season in the NHL, all within the span of 2-3 years. Of course, he improved as a player during that span, but there's absolutely nothing that explains how his point totals suddenly exploded at the NHL level.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Wasn't he a scratch in the playoffs? If remember correctly he was on the bottom pair. Nevertheless he is a good hockey player. With the emergence of Mahura it will be interesting to see what will happen to Larsson.

You are certainly correct, I just read some articles on him on hockeysverige.se. Skellefteå is a good team anyway, probably learned a lot there.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I think he is still doing well. While the top 4 is still top 4, he is a lot closer to them than Beuchemin and Bieksa. I don't know how much he will continue to develop, but I like him to continue on the team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He has been a pleasant surprise, I still think Jacob Larsson is/and will be the better of the 2... but it never hurts to have options. Pettersson is surprisingly not bad in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad