Player Discussion Marco Scandella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Chiarot struggled his first few games here then ever since he's been very solid. Scandella has looked bad at times but he's only been here 2 games, I am sure he'll start looking better after a few games.

I prefer Mete with Petry though and think Scandella would be better on the third pair with Fleury + PK minutes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So how has he been? I admit I haven't been able to catch anything outside of a few highlights for many teams but I wanted to find out how Marco's doing.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It's early so I expect Scandella to settle in....but the way Scandella has played so far, they're the same player

This is how I feel too, maybe a real minor upgrade and I liked Scandella as a player prior to the trade, although I haven't seen much of him in recent years. I don't think he's been good, but Price's numbers have soared, so maybe there is something to it. I think Price jsut goes through these stretches where nothing can beat him and has other stretches where everything seems to go in. I don't think we can confidently say Scandella is the cause of Price's improved stats. Like was discussed before, the nature of goaltending stats, have 3 or 4 good games in a row and those numbers will begin to climb.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
I really don't understand how this guy is even in the NHL. Horrible skater and slow. Is he really that much better than what is at the JR level?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not much better than Kulak. He is not a longterm upgrade.
Scandella isn't wowing me. The local journalists aren't objective.
He's the most vanilla player I've seen in a long time.
then again maybe he need to settle down in our defensive system? gotha give him more time... at least until trade deadline
Accurate description. Will make us save 4m at the end of the season and will make space for Romanov next season.
I really don't understand how this guy is even in the NHL. Horrible skater and slow. Is he really that much better than what is at the JR level?

From the little I've seen recently, he seems better than Kulak.

Sometimes a vanilla dman, as in a dman you don't notice, is a good thing, no?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If he's vanilla then it's the low fat, low sugar kind. He's third pairing only at this point in my book . That said, for the right money we could do worst.

what do you think he's worth?

I guess you see it, as follows?

Chiarot Weber
Romanov Petry
Scandella Mete/Fleury
Kulak

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Give.him.time.

So no one learned from stabbing chiarot with their daggers from day 1? Lets revisit in a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad