Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Reminds me of the last 2 28s and that’s not a good thing

I’d almost rather Alzner

And that’s not a good thing either

hopefully Romanov is here next year
I looked up who had #28 before and realize I forgot about Jakub Jerabek.... who then played for the Capitals.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I'm fairly confident Scandella will get traded at the deadline.

Hmm I don't know. Head of Marketing may have some' to say 'bout dat. Bergevin will give him 3-4 years, Byron type of contract. Like Byron, he can speak French in front of the cameras.

In the words of Brendan Kelly,

But, and this is what the trade is all about, Scandella is a Notre-Dame-de-Grâce native.

Even better for the marketing department, he is the nephew of much-liked former Canadiens player and current TSN 690 colour commentator Sergio Momesso.

Reactions: DAChampion

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Scandella is not getting a Byron contract get real. If you want to **** on Bergevin, do it with stuff that makes sense.

I think Bergevin is stupid enough to give in to PR potential in Marco, and give him 3 X just over 3M AAV. A tad under Byron's term and money.

What's he earning on this contract again?

If you think he doesn't extended that's fine, I'm cool. But to me given the people working upstairs there's reason to believe he stays.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think Bergevin is stupid enough to give in to PR potential in Marco, and give him 3 X just over 3M AAV. A tad under Byron's term and money.

What's he earning on this contract again?

If you think he doesn't extended that's fine, I'm cool. But to me given the people working upstairs there's reason to believe he stays.
Byron is a middle six winger and Scandella is a bottom pairing dman. If you cant notice the difference between Byron and Scandella, maybe you should refrain from shitting on MB because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Reactions: Vachon23

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Byron is a middle six winger and Scandella is a bottom pairing dman. If you cant notice the difference between Byron and Scandella, maybe you should refrain from ****ting on MB because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

That's where you and I differ, I see Scandella as Bergevin/Julien's choice for 2nd pairing. Not 3rd pairing. I mean who else? Mete, Kulak? Scandella is built for the playoffs in Bergevin's eyes, I'm sure. That's why he got him.

Or maybe I should refrain from ****ting on MB, at least according to a tough guy on here. ;)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That's where you and I differ, I see Scandella as Bergevin/Julien's choice for 2nd pairing. Not 3rd pairing. I mean who else? Mete, Kulak? Scandella is built for the playoffs in Bergevin's eyes, I'm sure. That's why he got him.
Go ahead and believe that. You can also believe that we will give Dale Weise a Carey Price type contract because they both have the letter "e" in their first and last name. They would both be ridiculous thoughts.

If Scandella gets a 3 year comtract(which I seriously doubt), don't think it will be from us and definitely wont be anywhere near Byron's salary. Maybe something along the Kulak lines.

Reactions: calder candidate

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone know why Scandella played only 13 minutes last night against Anaheim. Guys like Mete, who was playing with the Flu, played 15 minutes.

Is Scandella playing injured?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Byron is a middle six winger and Scandella is a bottom pairing dman. If you cant notice the difference between Byron and Scandella, maybe you should refrain from ****ting on MB because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
To be fair, MB deserves to be shit on by a group of elephants with diarrhea

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
His game has really fallen off a cliff for a guy still only 29. He was easily a top 4 defenseman with the Wild.

Now, he's an ok 6th. His skating is not good at all either. Actually, he hasn't shown any offensive skill. I'd only bring him back as not to rush the prospects.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
His game has really fallen off a cliff for a guy still only 29. He was easily a top 4 defenseman with the Wild.

Now, he's an ok 6th. His skating is not good at all either. Actually, he hasn't shown any offensive skill. I'd only bring him back as not to rush the prospects.

Are you taking into account that he's playing injured? Is he still playing injured? I know last week he was a game time decision on many nights. Not sure about this week.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He's Mete if Mete was tall enough to reach the pedals.

Reactions: vokiel

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Maybe another team wants to take a chance on some depth D and trades away a pick. I really doubt BargainBin resigns him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe another team wants to take a chance on some depth D and trades away a pick. I really doubt BargainBin resigns him.

I think he's been playing injured ccx recently.

I also think he's better than the bus load of D we've tried out, including Benn, Kulak, etc... Unless we can find better, i woul resign him for one or two years 2-2.5M AAV.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I think he's been playing injured ccx recently.

I also think he's better than the bus load of D we've tried out, including Benn, Kulak, etc... Unless we can find better, i woul resign him for one or two years 2-2.5M AAV.
He likely gets more in the open market so it's better to deal away your pending UFAs. This team's draft record has been horrendous since the 90s, so getting prospects like Suzuki or late picks is called good asset management.

There's a truckload of dead weight contracts that are ending come July 1st. Apart from Thompson, Kovy and Scandella, I really see no point in retaining the rest. It also depends on what these guys are willing to sign for. If they have unreasonable demands, it's time to part ways come TDL.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He likely gets more in the open market so it's better to deal away your pending UFAs. This team's draft record has been horrendous since the 90s, so getting prospects like Suzuki or late picks is called good asset management.

There's a truckload of dead weight contracts that are ending come July 1st. Apart from Thompson, Kovy and Scandella, I really see no point in retaining the rest. It also depends on what these guys are willing to sign for. If they have unreasonable demands, it's time to part ways come TDL.

I agree with everything you said. But it took MB this long to find a D like scandella (i.e. better than Benn, etc.. ). Not sure he doesn't try to re-sign him. And how much can Scandella really get on the open market? CJ already seems to see him as a 3rd pairing guy.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Which is funny because in the Price thread he is being credited for turning around our D and is the reason why Price can finally put up good numbers.

I am going to relish seeing the mixed narrative on Marco. On one hand he will be trashed for being useless, but OTOH he will be praised for making our LD better so Price was able to go into god mode again.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
He is definitely an NHL Defensemen and will get a decent contract if he goes UFA. The problem for me is that with him Chariot and Mete it makes for a pretty meh left side. I would probably want to trade him or Mete and try to get a better puck mover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad