Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm probably wierd, but I either stick him with Rossi and Kal and go offense. Or out him with our best Center (JEE) and go best on best. LW in that situation is either Kaprizov or Parise to clean up the net front junk.
I want JEE concentrating on what he's good at, playing shutdown hockey.

If Dad thinks he can be a 1C, he can be a 1C. Does this calm anyone’s nerves?

I think we've all agreed he has the tools for it, that doesn't change the fact that there's a learning curve before he is one.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't think it matters. Pretty sure Rossi has indicated he's either NHL or Europe. Not much more he can improve on 2+ points per game.

I'm just thinking OHL until the NHL season starts, like if they were starting next week, he'd have two and a half months of playing. Then we can bring him up when NHL camps start.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Something I will commend Guerin on; he knew that the Wild needed a center, and he nor Judd overthought the process or got fancy. They picked not only the BPA, but the best player at his position. Not only that, but Rossi seems to be the type of guy they are targeting. A gym rat and a guy that just plays. He's small, but he plays hard.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm just thinking OHL until the NHL season starts, like if they were starting next week, he'd have two and a half months of playing. Then we can bring him up when NHL camps start.

How soon can they get him training and skating with the NHL team? If we can get this guy on an NHL training regimen, skating with NHLers ASAP, that might be a better bet than sleepwalking through the start of a CHL season he knows he won't be finishing.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He’s training with a DEL team and if they decide he’s not NHL ready he will play with them. No interest in going back to the OHL, and why would he?

Reactions: AKL

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I want JEE concentrating on what he's good at, playing shutdown hockey.
I disagree. I would like to stretch him a bit and see if he can be a 2C shutdown line. He'll never get the 50 points you want out of a 2c, because we have better PP options, but I think he can be an effective 5v5 2C.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He’s training with a DEL team and if they decide he’s not NHL ready he will play with them. No interest in going back to the OHL, and why would he?

Didn't know about his training. Wasn't sure what he was doing. Figured it at least would've been better than sitting around waiting.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How soon can they get him training and skating with the NHL team? If we can get this guy on an NHL training regimen, skating with NHLers ASAP, that might be a better bet than sleepwalking through the start of a CHL season he knows he won't be finishing.
Tomorrow. No reason our trainers, nutrition staff, etc can't reach out.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
You popped that post into the middle of a conversation that someone was anointing him the position already though... :laugh:
If that was me, I was just listing in order of excitedness.

I suspect JEE will get the most minutes of any of our Cs

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I'd like to see, at some point and in some capacity, if there is any more there.

Same here, but it’s hard to break up that shutdown magic he has with Kunin. Boldy would be an interesting feature on a line with those two in the future. This team is gonna be interesting to watch the next few seasons.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Same here, but it’s hard to break up that shutdown magic he has with Kunin. Boldy would be an interesting feature on a line with those two in the future. This team is gonna be interesting to watch the next few seasons.

Can always put it back together if nothing comes of the separation.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The roster turn over in the past two years is insane:

Out:
Coyle
Granlund
el Nino
Staal
Koivu

In:
Kaprizov
Fiala
Johansson
Rossi
Greenway
Bjugstad
Hartman
Rask
Sturm

Just adding three young talents in Kaprizov, Fiala and Rossi is - well amazing for this team.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Out:
Coyle
Granlund
el Nino
Staal
Koivu

In:
Kaprizov
Fiala
Johansson
Rossi
Greenway
Bjugstad
Hartman
Rask
Sturm

Just adding three young talents in Kaprizov, Fiala and Rossi is - well amazing for this team.
And Zucker, Dubnyk. Pretty important pieces at one point.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Out:
Coyle
Granlund
el Nino
Staal
Koivu

In:
Kaprizov
Fiala
Johansson
Rossi
Greenway
Bjugstad
Hartman
Rask
Sturm

Zucker too.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Didn't know about his training. Wasn't sure what he was doing. Figured it at least would've been better than sitting around waiting.
He Skates with the Straubing Tigers 3 times a week right now and is doing off-ice training 6 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad