Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Happy.

Will be interesting if he’s on the Wild roster this year...

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
This is a big pick. This is a pick brings the Wild from meh to absolute competitor THIS year. We went from an old declining team to a young up and coming team in a matter of TWO days.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Favorite 1st round pick already. He is going to be so good for us. He will be on the team next year.

Heck, we might not even trade Dumba now. Rossi is that good.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
This is a big pick. This is a pick brings the Wild from meh to absolute competitor THIS year. We went from an old declining team to a young up and coming team in a matter of TWO days.
I think the return we get for Dumba once Pietrangelo picks his spot is going to be pretty hefty too. Exciting times.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
So I'll be ecstatic if he goes pro this year obviously, but if he does, where do we slot him, realistically? Allegedly he's gotten stronger, quicker, all the usual "best shape of his life" BS that agents always spin pre-draft, but do we think he can handle the NHL physically yet? Do we think he'd do okay (likely on a non-playoff team, IMO) in a bottom-six role? Does he get a year in the AHL first? I'm really torn on where to put him and REALLY want him in the big show given our center situation. What do y'all think?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Did I? I feel like a called a lot things for a lot of teams. At least one of them was right.

But I never really got the whole 'Buffalo NEEDS to take a center' when they drafted Cozens last year.

I had Buffalo taking Quinn in the mock thread because I agree that I never understood them needing a center. They needed scoring wingers more.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Trying to figure out where to put him if he plays in the NHL. I hate getting hung up on height, but I'm not sure it would be great with he and Zuccarello together off the bat. Playing him with Fiala makes him our de facto #1C which would be a hell of a lot of pressure on him as a rookie. Do we go 1 year on the wing to break him into the NHL and then move him to middle?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Pretty crazy if we can get an NHL-ready center at #9. We have some really exciting prospects/young players now.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Trying to figure out where to put him if he plays in the NHL. I hate getting hung up on height, but I'm not sure it would be great with he and Zuccarello together off the bat. Playing him with Fiala makes him our de facto #1C which would be a hell of a lot of pressure on him as a rookie. Do we go 1 year on the wing to break him into the NHL and then move him to middle?
Baptized in fire?

Reactions: nickschultzfan

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Ya, the only real concern of him on the Wild is how the hell do you situate the lines.

Kaprizov and him have a lot of similarities. Not big but thick. Not great skaters but good enough. Likely won’t get you hurt in your own end but they’re rookies. Would be concerning to put them together on a second line.

Yes, you can absolutely put him with Fiala and whoever the other wing is but as already mentioned, that’s a ton of pressure.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If Rossi sticks in the NHL next year, you stick him on the sheltered offensive line. Is that with Kaprizov and Zuccarello? Ek plays the shutdown line with Greenway and Kunin, Sturm plays the fourth line with Foligno and Hartman?

Parise-Johansson-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Kunin
Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman

Who am I missing?

Rossi has a solid two-way game. Obviously being a rookie means you don't want to saddle him with that burden, but he's probably not going to be a liability if he's sheltered correctly.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Obviously there’s a lot that can be still added and removed from the roster this year, but this is what I’d look at next year

Kaprizov-Ek-Zuccarello
Fiala-Mojo-Kunin
Greenway-Rossi-Bjugstad
4th line

I’d play Rossi PP1/PP2 right away though. He played the point in Ottawa, so that could be intruiging.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Ya, the only real concern of him on the Wild is how the hell do you situate the lines.

Kaprizov and him have a lot of similarities. Not big but thick. Not great skaters but good enough. Likely won’t get you hurt in your own end but they’re rookies. Would be concerning to put them together on a second line.

Yes, you can absolutely put him with Fiala and whoever the other wing is but as already mentioned, that’s a ton of pressure.

Rossi - Johansson - Fiala
Kaprizov - Bjugstad (ugh) - Zuccarello
GEEK

?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zucc to the left side and plays with Fiala, Rossi plays with Kap and someone in a different line getting sheltered initially for both players sake.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota

I don't particularly care if we're bad next year in all honesty, but I do have to wonder if being 1C on a bad team might not be the best thing for him developmentally. I'm getting first-year Granlund flashbacks the more I think about it and I'm not enjoying it. I don't know if throwing Granlund out at 2C right away hurt his development or anything, but I am a little leery with a guy who isn't big/strong/fast at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia