Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Marco Rossi: 2020 NHL Draft Prospect Profile; The Awesome Austrian Ace
Perhaps the most stunning stat are the goals for and against Ottawa when Rossi was on the ice at even strength. When Rossi was on the ice, the 67’s scored 103 and allowed just 35. Without him, the 67’s scored 90 and allowed 70.

I think the Wild picked a pretty good one.

Also:

Kaprizov - Johansson - Fiala
Parise - Rossi - Kunin
Greenway - Eriksson-Ek - Zuccs
Foligno - Rask - Hartman

Bjugstad until he's healthy?

Or

Parise - Johansson - Fiala
Kaprizov - Eriksson - Ek - Zuccs
Foligno - Rossi - Kunin

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know breaking centers in on the wing isn't unheard of, but with a player like Rossi, supposedly being NHL ready, and the best center prospect we've ever drafted, they should be getting him reps at center. We have the ability to shelter him with two solid defensive lines already. Don't waste this.

If you're not going to play him at center, let him go to Europe.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I know breaking centers in on the wing isn't unheard of, but with a player like Rossi, supposedly being NHL ready, and the best center prospect we've ever drafted, they should be getting him reps at center. We have the ability to shelter him with two solid defensive lines already. Don't waste this.

If you're not going to play him at center, let him go to Europe.

I would agree with this. It’s going to be a hell of a jump if they try him out this year. Put him at the position he feels most comfortable.

It would honestly have to be with Fiala in my view. I wouldn’t break up the Geek line and I just don’t see a Kaprizov-Rossi-whoever line fairing well enough to get the most out of them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
07D6CB01-5E39-42EE-BCF6-8DC82716F468.jpeg
Don't know about all that, but I love how cocky this little **** is.

Reactions: Leeves and Bazeek

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Honestly, give him a try out. If he doesn't work, send him back to the OHL or the European League

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Parise* - Rossi - Fiala
Kaprizov - Johansson - Zuccarello
GEEK

*I know, I know...

I’m good with it to be honest. Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to be with someone who has the confidence of Fiala and watch the work Parise will put in the dirty areas.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I am normally all about slow development through minors but Rossi is NHL ready.

Give him the 2nd line and go.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hopefully he can get faster and be the new Marcel Dionne, another short C who was built like a fire hydrant, and knew a thing or two about scoring goals.

I think a guy like Kunin should sharpen up his shot. He could make score a lot of goals being the RW for Rossi and Fiala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad