Marchand responds to attacks by fans on twitter

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Take the L. Your moderator claimed I made a thread I didn't make.

You Bruins fans are obsessed. You've reached the point where you are claiming I did things I didn't do to try to discredit me. I opened this thread to see multiple Bruins fans who claimed I made a thread about Marchand yesterday that I didn't make. Now you are moving the goalposts to say I made 50 posts in it crying. A quick check would tell you that I made four posts in that thread. Hardly that many.

Discrediting me, if it was even effective, doesn't credit Marchand's actions.
Lighten up, Francis.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Regardless of what fans say, this is classless. You wouldn’t see Crosby writing any of this.

Guy gets paid millions to play a game and he needs to make time to make fat jokes against trolls. Kinda pathetic imo.

Crosby, judging by his on ice persona, would have gone to whine and complain directly to Twitter...

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Insane all of these ranger fans crying about this. “Attacking” comments are literally comical. Stop talking sh**t and calling players bit**es and you won’t get called fat. Do you know what ranger fans didn’t get called fat??? The ones that didn’t tweet Marchand calling him a bit**.

I don’t like Boston or Marchand but he didn’t do anything wrong. It’s not his responsibility to be Crosby. Next time maybe they will think twice before chirping him. Even with a huge nose the guy has a leg up on 99% of the fans. He’s an nhl stud making millions and also pretty good at this chirping thing. I would take a long look before hitting that tweet button. There may be a response coming back that may absolutely body you for the world to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Jack Flask

Jan 21, 2020
He has a nose for this stuff!

A piece of work on the ice, and a piece of work, off the ice............nothing to see here, people should stop giving him attention. He loves it all...
And dont forget ; a Stanley Cup Champion, on a top line on a top team in the East , etc etc.
Wish we had him on the Leafs, he makes a big difference on the ice for his team. Imagine how much more boring nhl would be without guys like him.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
He has a nose for this stuff!

A piece of work on the ice, and a piece of work, off the ice............nothing to see here, people should stop giving him attention. He loves it all...
remember when jim Kyte an actual former NHL player called out Marchand and Gallagher. let me guess, you supported Gallagher on that one. quick check, yup throw down on Kyte. so random people tweet Marchand and he responds, he's trash. former nhl pmayer calls out Gallagher, to which Gallagher tweets back multiple times and kyte needs to stay in his lane and is old. got it. oh the hypocricy.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Marchand is just a narcissist. I choose not to engage with him on twitter, best thing to do when it comes to narcissists is to ignore them or pretend they don't exist.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
And dont forget ; a Stanley Cup Champion, on a top line on a top team in the East , etc etc.
Wish we had him on the Leafs, he makes a big difference on the ice for his team. Imagine how much more boring nhl would be without guys like him.
and a beautiful wife and even more beautiful daughter with an adorable step son too. Think he's pretty ok in life.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I hate Marchand with a searing white hot light of a 1,000 stars ... but I have no problem with this.

He didnt start it.
Probably like the single greatest moment of their twitter lives.
He didnt cross a line (which can be hard to do and probably the reason teams wouldnt want this kind of back and forth bc the wrong thing can be said or interpreted the wrong way)

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The world was better without twitter.
Regardless of of what people's take on the subject of this thread -- this is absolutely dead on the money.

I look at the people who are so angry they have to vent their spleens at Marchand (or whoever the topic of the day is) on Twitter. Then I look at some of the people in this thread who have obviously been bothered by Marchand's responses.

So much anger. Not good for the health. If you are railing away at some celebrity on Twitter somebody should come and do a wellness check on you. The celebrity doesn't care, but your doctor is going to tell you your BP is too high.

And those who think Marchand is insecure don't know him. He's a major troll/chirper. He loves doing this stuff. Not saying it's a good or bad trait, just that he isn't engaging with random anonymous fans because they've touched a nerve. He's winding them up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hate him but I have no issues with him sticking up for himself. Those are actually hilarious responses.

like these players take a lot of crap, a lot of are professional as hell and probably have notifications off but I’m ok with him putting these people on the spot.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
It’s so juvenile it’s obvious he’s joking around for his followers. Fans who post like that on twitter also love them coming back at them. Biznasty made a career from it.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Not sure if I agree with Marchand's approach here. Sometime the best thing to do is ignore people on Twitter. Also from what I've heard about Marchand is that he's a nice guy in real life.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The president of the United States is on Twitter making fun of people in similar regards. I'm not going to get too worked up about a pro hockey player doing the same.

Though, it is kind of a bad look to be tweeting personal insults about people's physical appearance, and I'd imagine goes against some type of team/league policy of social conduct. I'm not going to jump to the defense of people insulting professional athletes on twitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad