Marchand responds to attacks by fans on twitter

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is how I see it. It's high-school level hypersensitivity, which is embarrassing coming from a grown adult in his 30s. I like when players show personality, but not the personality of a 17 year old.

Embarrassing is the title of this thread and it going 16 pages. He’s just having fun on Twitter. Call it what you want but trust me I think he has higher self esteem than anybody in the thread, I don’t think he’s insecure or hypersensitive. I think he chirps non-stop. He does it with everybody, teammates included

But god forbid he give it back to fans that give it to him. He’s so hypersensitive!!!!!!1!1!111!1one!!!!one1!!!! He couldn’t possibly be having fun on Twitter in some down time! He’s personally offended for sure!!!!one111one!!!

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Well this thread sure triggered the snowflakes around here lol atta boy Marchy and thank you for exposing those who should go back to soccer .

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Take the L. Your moderator claimed I made a thread I didn't make.

You Bruins fans are obsessed. You've reached the point where you are claiming I did things I didn't do to try to discredit me. I opened this thread to see multiple Bruins fans who claimed I made a thread about Marchand yesterday that I didn't make. Now you are moving the goalposts to say I made 50 posts in it crying. A quick check would tell you that I made four posts in that thread. Hardly that many.

Discrediting me, if it was even effective, doesn't credit Marchand's actions.

You felt the need to use the word 'attacking'. Speaks volumes about your motive.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Call me old fashion, but breaking the fourth wall so to speak and attack the fans of the sport, the ones that pay your salaries, that’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

horton squirting a fan, ference’s glove malfunction, marchand’s twitter account. I sense a pattern...

Bruins93

Apr 17, 2018
Boston
What other thread did I make? I'll wait for a response.

You Bruins fans are sensitive when it comes to Marchand. What Marchand did was attack fans on twitter. There is nothing inaccurate about that. If you want to make a thread about the fans, go ahead. No one cares what they say, but if you want to complain about that, you can try to see what type of audience you have for that thread. I think most people here don't care that much, and are only here to give an opinion on a relevant story for a big name NHL'er. I think its unprofessional. Some others do, as well. And some approve of it. There are many different opinions. It's like any other thread on this website.

The only people who are taking this too seriously are people like you with threatening to change the title. But please change the thread title. It only shows how sensitive you Bruins fans are and how much you feel the need to defend him against his own actions. If you think it effects my day that you'd abuse your power as a moderator to defend your team, please think that.

From reading your post/thread, I don't think we're the sensitive ones. Yikes

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Call me old fashion, but breaking the fourth wall so to speak and attack the fans of the sport, the ones that pay your salaries, that’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

horton squirting a fan, ference’s glove malfunction, marchand’s twitter account. I sense a pattern...

Bruins are the only team in the league who have done something to the fans.

Oh wait.

Reactions: CrazyMonkey1208

Bruins93

Apr 17, 2018
Boston

Since you're old fashioned, I would have gone with Mike Milbury beating a fan with their own shoe if I were you. To each their own though

Reactions: easton117

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Probably the only day of my life I'll like Marchand...those 'attacks' were hilarious

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Embarrassing is the title of this thread and it going 16 pages. He’s just having fun on Twitter. Call it what you want but trust me I think he has higher self esteem than anybody in the thread, I don’t think he’s insecure or hypersensitive. I think he chirps non-stop. He does it with everybody, teammates included

But god forbid he give it back to fans that give it to him. He’s so hypersensitive!!!!!!1!1!111!1one!!!!one1!!!! He couldn’t possibly be having fun on Twitter in some down time! He’s personally offended for sure!!!!one111one!!!
That a public figure feels he has to "Give it back" to a random guy is exactly what I mean. It's immature. Marchand isn't debating an actual topic, like you and I are doing right now; he's trying to get back at someone who said something mean to him. The dude's in his 30s and publicly insulting people about their weight? And people think this is cool?

Related question: I wonder if people's opinion on this reflects their age bracket. I'm in my 50s and think it's juvenile. Maybe teens and 20s have a more favourable view. Not judging either way; I'm genuinely curious.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That a public figure feels he has to "Give it back" to a random guy is exactly what I mean. It's immature. Marchand isn't debating an actual topic, like you and I are doing right now; he's trying to get back at someone who said something mean to him. The dude's in his 30s and publicly insulting people about their weight? And people think this is cool?

Related question: I wonder if people's opinion on this reflects their age bracket. I'm in my 50s and think it's juvenile. Maybe teens and 20s have a more favourable view. Not judging either way; I'm genuinely curious.

this is probably very true

I myself have grown up in the twitter era doing the exact same thing and this is just business as usual as far as twitter goes in my eyes. It’s not even a drop in the pool.

It’s immature, I will give you that. I mean I myself am a pretty immature guy lol. I don’t think it’s reflective of him being insecure or his self esteem like some in the thread are trying to imply though. I think he just likes clowning around on the Internet and some people present themselves as easy targets in his notifications

I don’t think it’s necessarily “cool” but I think it’s funny that he interacts with the fans like this. Pretty sure this isn’t the first time either. Most certainly won’t be the last. He’s building his brand in a way lol

Reactions: Lshap

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Brad Marchand is one of the most unlikable people in the sport. He's gross, he's dirty, and he has shown time and time again that any idea of being professional is an absurd thought.

Too bad. He'd be one of my favorite players if he weren't such a gross human. Love the way he plays.

That being said, if you talk **** to people on Twitter you can't get mad when they respond. This goes for Marchand and the idiots tweeting at him. Everyone looks pathetic. Lose-lose all around.

Dang I sound like I care way more about this than I really do. I'll scroll past this thread and never think about it again.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Marchand is they type you love if you have him.

Make no mistake, if Brad took one of his cheap shot out on a Cam Neely like Ulf Samuelson did, the Bruins fans would be singing a different tune.

Reactions: BLONG7

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Meh. Marchand is a vacuous piece of shit, but it's not like those people weren't being assholes themselves. f*** em all.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Marchand is they type you love if you have him.

Make no mistake, if Brad took one of his cheap shot out on a Cam Neely like Ulf Samuelson did, the Bruins fans would be singing a different tune.

100%, and I don’t think any bruins fans would tell you differently

but we are talking about tweets here. Tweets!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Since you're old fashioned, I would have gone with Mike Milbury beating a fan with their own shoe if I were you. To each their own though
Lol first one I thought of.

Getting called husky is pretty tame in comparison. You can lose some pounds.

Cant ever get a loafer dent out of your forehead.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad