nshlphoenix

Feb 11, 2020
People in other threads “why don’t players say what they feel more often?”

same people in this thread “not like that!”

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Hilarious

Call me old fashion, but breaking the fourth wall so to speak and attack the fans of the sport, the ones that pay your salaries, that’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

horton squirting a fan, ference’s glove malfunction, marchand’s twitter account. I sense a pattern...
Yeah - and it points to your hatred of the Bruins getting out of hand.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Regardless of what fans say, this is classless. You wouldn’t see Crosby writing any of this.

Guy gets paid millions to play a game and he needs to make time to make fat jokes against trolls. Kinda pathetic imo.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Regardless of what fans say, this is classless. You wouldn’t see Crosby writing any of this.

Guy gets paid millions to play a game and he needs to make time to make fat jokes against trolls. Kinda pathetic imo.

Toughen up son, people make fun of you, you make fun back, $ don't matter.

World's full of cry babies these days, if you can't dish, don't speak.

End of story.

Marchand is beauty, people are waterfalls of salty tears.

Crosby is vanilla, Marchand is neopolitan.

Reactions: Palmetto

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
What other thread did I make? I'll wait for a response.

You Bruins fans are sensitive when it comes to Marchand. What Marchand did was attack fans on twitter. There is nothing inaccurate about that. If you want to make a thread about the fans, go ahead. No one cares what they say, but if you want to complain about that, you can try to see what type of audience you have for that thread. I think most people here don't care that much, and are only here to give an opinion on a relevant story for a big name NHL'er. I think its unprofessional. Some others do, as well. And some approve of it. There are many different opinions. It's like any other thread on this website.

The only people who are taking this too seriously are people like you with threatening to change the title. But please change the thread title. It only shows how sensitive you Bruins fans are and how much you feel the need to defend him against his own actions. If you think it effects my day that you'd abuse your power as a moderator to defend your team, please think that.

perhaps you should try adhering to the same standards you are demanding of Marchand. You got cheesed off Marchand was posting and then turned around and did the same dam thing your calling him out for. Heads up buddy... your a$$ is showing.
Am I the only one who is awash in the irony and utter insanity that this is thread worthy?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

ya, and a lot of people find Crosby boring as shit. You wouldn’t see Tom Brady doing something like this- Joe Namath on the other hand.. My point is you can have both. I can’t stand Marchand, but as long as he toes the line I don’t mind his responses. I like having proper role models in the NHL, someone kids can look up to, but I also like having loud dirtbags- I don’t like ‘em on a personality level, but I am entertained.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This is how I see it. It's high-school level hypersensitivity, which is embarrassing coming from a grown adult in his 30s. I like when players show personality, but not the personality of a 17 year old.

Bingo.

It's embarassing behavior, but par for the course. It's impressive how thin skinned he is however. It's something you'd expect from a 17-18 year old, and even then.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Toughen up son, people make fun of you, you make fun back, $ don't matter.

World's full of cry babies these days, if you can't dish, don't speak.

End of story.

Marchand is beauty, people are waterfalls of salty tears.

Crosby is vanilla, Marchand is neopolitan.

All I’m saying, is if I was in his position I wouldn’t waste my time engaging Twitter trolls.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Crosby gave an autographed stick to an opposing fan with Grade A chirps so I won't say he's without a sense of humor but I'd wager he's a wee bit vanilla compared to Marchand. The Rat is giving these Twitter clowns what they want. He's entertaining them. The faux anger over this is humorous. If this were anyone other than The Rat no one would care.

Reactions: 63 others

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What other thread did I make? I'll wait for a response.

You Bruins fans are sensitive when it comes to Marchand. What Marchand did was attack fans on twitter. There is nothing inaccurate about that. If you want to make a thread about the fans, go ahead. No one cares what they say, but if you want to complain about that, you can try to see what type of audience you have for that thread. I think most people here don't care that much, and are only here to give an opinion on a relevant story for a big name NHL'er. I think its unprofessional. Some others do, as well. And some approve of it. There are many different opinions. It's like any other thread on this website.

The only people who are taking this too seriously are people like you with threatening to change the title. But please change the thread title. It only shows how sensitive you Bruins fans are and how much you feel the need to defend him against his own actions. If you think it effects my day that you'd abuse your power as a moderator to defend your team, please think that.

So soft and whiny. Typical 21st century response.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Bingo.

It's embarassing behavior, but par for the course. It's impressive how thin skinned he is however. It's something you'd expect from a 17-18 year old, and even then.
You are to sensitive, You probably thought it wasn’t funny when he was punching the Sedin with Daniels own fist.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
That a public figure feels he has to "Give it back" to a random guy is exactly what I mean. It's immature. Marchand isn't debating an actual topic, like you and I are doing right now; he's trying to get back at someone who said something mean to him. The dude's in his 30s and publicly insulting people about their weight? And people think this is cool?

Related question: I wonder if people's opinion on this reflects their age bracket. I'm in my 50s and think it's juvenile. Maybe teens and 20s have a more favourable view. Not judging either way; I'm genuinely curious.
I’m in my late 20’s and see it as soft. Regardless of what they’re saying, guy’s got no real reason to bother. It doesn’t help that he seems to do this after being embarrassed on the ice, I want to say he was doing the same thing after his botched shootout attempt.

Nothing about it looks like a man having fun online and a lot more like a guy who cares a little too much.

Reactions: Oryxo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad