Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
All the Marchand haters...... I love it. He his so in your head, and yet you all know you’d want him on your team. Must be so confusing.

I’ll put it in the simplest terms — it’s not complicated.

1) Whatever the code is in the past, this League is rapidly moving away from fighting. There is no code anymore and certainly not with regards to having to give any guy a round two or eight for that matter.
2) I don’t care if you think it was a fair start or not..... Marchand kicked Eller’s ass. And made THE point he set out to make — show up our bench in a 7-0 game and you’ll get a reaction. Bruins bench reacted violently to Eller’s BS. If Eller was smart he’d have been on his toes expecting something. He wasn’t.
3) Why would Marchand fight Eller again? He made his point the first time with about five exclamation points. If he took him on again and drew or lost he’d help redeem Eller’s embarrassment from first go. Let him stew in fact he got a beat down from a non fighter who is half a foot smaller than him.

Anyone who thinks Marchand didn’t go with Eller because he was scared of him is crazy. Marchand didn’t go because it was bad time in game and there is no reason to go with Eller. We ALL know he destroyed him first time around. Why risk not having that be a lasting memory.

Scared of Lars Eller....:laugh::laugh::laugh: You guys are hilarious and amuse me no end.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Anyone who thinks Marchand didn’t go with Eller because he was scared of him is crazy. Marchand didn’t go because it was bad time in game and there is no reason to go with Eller. We ALL know he destroyed him first time around. Why risk not having that be a lasting memory.

Are you Jack Edwards? Anytime a Bruin refuses to drop the gloves it's a smart move; let the other guy take a penalty! A player on the opposing team who refuses to fight a Bruin, regardless of the game situation, is a coward.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Are you Jack Edwards? Anytime a Bruin refuses to drop the gloves it's a smart move; let the other guy take a penalty! A player on the opposing team who refuses to fight a Bruin, regardless of the game situation, is a coward.

Ignore my points all you want.

No reason for Marchand to fight a soft ex Hab to give him an opportunity to save face. He got destroyed by a 5’ 9” non fighter for being an ass. Point made.

Besides, as a Habs fan I’d figure you’d tip your hat to Marchand for not going. You’re boys have been doing the same for years and years. Marchand is Mario Tremblay with far more talent. I’d think you’d worship the ice he skates on. No?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
See the issue you don’t get is your expecting and judging Brad by some honour code that he doesn’t apply to in the least. Heck the fact you still don’t get it makes me wonder if you know who Brad even is. Brad isn’t going to fight every 3rd/4th liner/plug that wants to take him off the ice for 5 mins. I get Eller was embarrassed after the first fight and wants to try to redeem himself but trying to challenge Brad in a close game or when Brad isn’t interested isn’t going to do it. Brad will decide when or if a 2nd fight will ever happen unless Eller gives Brad some incentive to fight like pisses him off etc. Thinking Brad will fight a depth player just bc of some honour code Brad clearly doesn’t believe in is the dumbest thing ever. Very simple here....

so you are saying that because he's a first liner, he can jump thrid liners with impunity and simply decline to settle ? and its heee-larious that you say that there is a code of conduct that he " doesn't beleive in" which is the very same code that caused him to fight eller the first time. when you beleive in the code to justify your actions and then suddenly fail to beleive in the code to face the consequences, that is pretty much the literal definition of a hypocrite. If you are okay with him being a hypocrite, that's on you but stop with the nonsense saying that's not exactly what he is.

And Eller wasn't embarassed, all he was asking for is a fair fight where he consents. when he did that marchand turtled. against lars eller. the " fighting dane".

and just to be clear, if someone calls another player a " spotpicker", what in your estimation does this mean precisely ? Is being a spotpicker a good or a bad thing ? because it seems to me that you are arguing that a player who forces another to go unwillingly but wont reciprocate when its a even start, is somehow ( and I say this incredulously) a good thing. the players know, that's not true at all.

when he gets orpiked, the chickens will come home to roost. Tom wilson is a first line winger, maybe marchand settles the score with tommy. if he's afraid of lars eller, if tom wilson forces the issue with marchand ( the way marchand did with eller) my guess is that he ither pissed himself or faints.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007

No reason for Marchand to fight a soft ex Hab to give him an opportunity to save face. He got destroyed by a 5’ 9” non fighter for being an ass. Point made.

Besides, as a Habs fan I’d figure you’d tip your hat to Marchand for not going. You’re boys have been doing the same for years and years. Marchand is Mario Tremblay with far more talent. I’d think you’d worship the ice he skates on. No?

Thanks for confirming you are Jack Edwards.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

No reason for Marchand to fight a soft ex Hab to give him an opportunity to save face. He got destroyed by a 5’ 9” non fighter for being an ass

outside of the fact he jump and unwilling eller for what was a perceived transgression, sure. and the better hab analogy was emelin, who also would throw big hits and never answer because of the plate in his face. Tons of habs fans said that the plate should not protect him, if he wants to go after seguin I have no problem with chara settling accounts.

if emelin's face plate doesnt protect him, marchands lack of spine shouldnt either,

your "all star" 1st line winger ducked lars eller. let that waft over you for a bit

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not even a fan of Bruins or Brad....so funny to see how he gets under so many fans skin. Fans can’t even discuss him rationally. Haha

I like when people say the right things for the wrong reasons.

This thread isn't 28 pages because the world is being played by Marchand's sweet 4d chess moves, it's long because poking at the Boston logic surrounding him is like playing a carnival game. The game is stupid and rigged against you, you're probably going to have to talk to someone from Boston just to play, but there are some laughs in it and you've got time to kill.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Tons of habs fans said that the plate should not protect him, if he wants to go after seguin I have no problem with chara settling accounts.
Maybe if those four guys were really fat, they'd add up to a ton.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Maybe if those four guys were really fat, they'd add up to a ton.

yeah the guys who say the rules apply to everyone ( emlin, marchand, orpik) THOSE are the guys that are the problem !

its not the guys who says the rules apply to everyone else, but not to me. those guys are peaches !

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
There is nothing more funny than reading these "one of these days posts". Marchand has played over 700 games in the league. What are these other players waiting for?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
There is nothing more funny than reading these "one of these days posts". Marchand has played over 700 games in the league. What are these other players waiting for?
in 700 games how many times has he jumped an unwilling non pugilist like killer lars eller ?

but you are right, he may never feel his commuppance. but if he does. do us a favor and ixnay the crocodile tears.

you sleep in the bed you make

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Not a Boston or Brad fan......I just find it so funny how fans get so worked up about a player who has done this for years.....he's not changing. He is the best pest in the game today......people judging him by some honour code he couldn't less about and then getting fired up by it is just the funniest thing on HFB. Brad has zero need or motivation to fight a significantly lesser player like Eller in that game. Eller chirped the bench in a blow out game, Brad settled the score then and now Eller wants to try and fight again to help his bruised ego.......Brad now has zero reason to fight him. Star like Brad doesn't fight a 10 min a game depth guy, unless the star wants to fight him. Brad gave Eller his 45 seconds of the limelight during fight one, scored was settled then guessing Eller never chirps the Boston bench again during a blowout game. Lesson learnt by the "Fighting Dane".

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

Apparently for Marchand to drop the gloves when they're actually facing each other. Not just flopping on the ice like a gutless punk.

But oh... yes... Brad sure looked good doing that. :sarcasm:

The Marchand apologists are hilarious. Keep changing those goal posts, keep on believing you are those big bad Broons while everyone else just sees the hypocrisy.

Kudos to any Bruins fans not defending this move. At least you have some integrity.

Reactions: adsfan

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Not a Boston or Brad fan......I just find it so funny how fans get so worked up about a player who has done this for years.....he's not changing. He is the best pest in the game today......people judging him by some honour code he couldn't less about and then getting fired up by it is just the funniest thing on HFB. Brad has zero need or motivation to fight a significantly lesser player like Eller in that game. Eller chirped the bench in a blow out game, Brad settled the score then and now Eller wants to try and fight again to help his bruised ego.......Brad now has zero reason to fight him. Star like Brad doesn't fight a 10 min a game depth guy, unless the star wants to fight him. Brad gave Eller his 45 seconds of the limelight during fight one, scored was settled then guessing Eller never chirps the Boston bench again during a blowout game. Lesson learnt by the "Fighting Dane".

your leaving out the part where he threw and forced the issue against an unwilling eller.
oh that's right, you don't CARE whether a guy in a fight wants to be in a fight
unless it's marchand it seems.

And this isn't gamesmanship like licking. you can like that or not, I don't care. this is a guy who throws against an unwilling player and when offered the chance to settle face to face, chooses the fetal position.

leadership at its finest !

just wondering, you gonna answer what a spotpicker is and whether its good or bad ?

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
We get it, you like Brad.

:sarcasm:

For someone apparently not a fan, you spend an awful lot of postings here blindly defending him. :thumbu:

Funniest thing on HFB right now is the mental gymnastics required to support this line of thinking.

Eller has to answer to some code because he did a celly in a blowout, something Marchand himself alluded to post game, but then no code applies to the person who jumped him in the next game? Ya, okay. We know Marchand is a rat, we know he doesn't follow any code. He has no integrity, this is just another example, and defending his actions in this is hilariously contradictory and illogical.

But yeah, no, clearly everyone is just a hater.
:popcorn:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
All the Marchand haters...... I love it. He his so in your head, and yet you all know you’d want him on your team. Must be so confusing.

I’ll put it in the simplest terms — it’s not complicated.

1) Whatever the code is in the past, this League is rapidly moving away from fighting. There is no code anymore and certainly not with regards to having to give any guy a round two or eight for that matter.
2) I don’t care if you think it was a fair start or not..... Marchand kicked Eller’s ass. And made THE point he set out to make — show up our bench in a 7-0 game and you’ll get a reaction. Bruins bench reacted violently to Eller’s BS. If Eller was smart he’d have been on his toes expecting something. He wasn’t.
3) Why would Marchand fight Eller again? He made his point the first time with about five exclamation points. If he took him on again and drew or lost he’d help redeem Eller’s embarrassment from first go. Let him stew in fact he got a beat down from a non fighter who is half a foot smaller than him.

Scared of Lars Eller....:laugh::laugh::laugh: You guys are hilarious and amuse me no end.

If Nashville was in the EC, Marchand's picture would be in my toilet. I would never want him on the Preds!

I was a Bruins fan as a kid. They were tough (Orr, Cashman, Green, McKenzie, Sanderson, Awrey), but never gutless goons a la Marchand.

Maybe Eller needs to back jump him in a future game to even the score against Mr. Lick-your-face.

There is a code, but only if you have any honor!

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
We get it, you like Brad.

:sarcasm:

For someone apparently not a fan, you spend an awful lot of postings here blindly defending him. :thumbu:

Funniest thing on HFB right now is the mental gymnastics required to support this line of thinking.

Eller has to answer to some code because he did a celly in a blowout, something Marchand himself alluded to post game, but then no code applies to the person who jumped him in the next game? Ya, okay. We know Marchand is a rat, we know he doesn't follow any code. He has no integrity, this is just another example, and defending his actions in this is hilariously contradictory and illogical.

But yeah, no, clearly everyone is just a hater.
:popcorn:

Explaining how or why Brad acted the way he did, is not defending him......I find it funny how annoyed fans get when he does the same thing year after year and people act like they never seen him play. Previous post I stated if Eller wants Brad to fight......challenging him at this point isn't going to do it because Brad has no reason to fight the "Ellers of this world". Eller needs to give Brad motivation to fight, if Eller wants a round two. If Eller does nothing to give Brad motivation to fight, then round two will happen when Brad chooses it to happen.....if ever. Absolutely Brad is a rat, the best in the NHL and I'm objective enough to admit that. Brad is a star, rat, pest..........and he's damn good at it......that's what partly makes threads like this so funny.....fans get so annoyed by him year after year.....people never learn. If you don't like pests in the NHL, ok not everyone does.....but either way they are a reality in the past, current and future. Every single GM in the NHL would give up their left nut for a player as good & like Brad. If you think I'm a fan of his or Bostons check my post history......not a single post on the Boston forum ever.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

"My dad jumped your dad and settled the score. He beat him up fair and square! No re-match!" :laugh:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not sure how people can really defend Marchand here after all his antics hes pulled. In the original thread from the first fight between these 2, I said Eller deserved what he got. But now Eller wants a fair fight and is willing to go and Marchand does that crap. Eller deserved a fair fight, I didnt have a problem with the first fight. BUT I also didnt think Eller would square up and fight someone fairly for that before.

Marchand is effective and a really good player but he has no balls whatsoever. I'm sure while hes lighting up the league Boston fans dont care, but I also wouldnt sit here and make a bunch of excuses for the guy. His antics are getting pretty pathetic for a grown man.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
. Every single GM in the NHL would give up their left nut for a player as good & like Brad. If you think I'm a fan of his or Bostons check my post history......not a single post on the Boston forum ever.
But you are welcome to post on the B's board :thumbu:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not fighting and avoiding a potential concussion is pretty smart actually. Not to mention you get a power play out of it.

Settling grievances with fighting is a stone age mentality anyway.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
As .leaf fan I have to say I really can't stand Marchands, but hes damn good at what he does.... prob the best at it.
If Ellers really wanted to fight him so bad just jump him like he did to you.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Not sure how people can really defend Marchand here after all his antics hes pulled. In the original thread from the first fight between these 2, I said Eller deserved what he got. But now Eller wants a fair fight and is willing to go and Marchand does that crap. Eller deserved a fair fight, I didnt have a problem with the first fight. BUT I also didnt think Eller would square up and fight someone fairly for that before.

Marchand is effective and a really good player but he has no balls whatsoever. I'm sure while hes lighting up the league Boston fans dont care, but I also wouldnt sit here and make a bunch of excuses for the guy. His antics are getting pretty pathetic for a grown man.

There is a difference between defending him & explaining his actions (some fans don't agree with his actions but that's not the point).

1) Eller chirped Boston bench during a blowout, everyone knows that wasn't going sit well with any team. Brad showed him it was unacceptable to do such things. A fight that didn't go well for the larger man, no doubt his was embarressed afterwards. Brad considers the issue resolved, the only reason Brad would fight Eller in this case was bc of the blowout chirping, otherwise Brad wouldn't consider fighting a significantly lesser player like Eller.

2) Eller challenages Brad to another fight, Brad has zero motivation to fight a lesser player and remove himself from the game for 5 mins and risk injury.....over nothing at this point other then Ellers bruised ego (in Brads mind).

3) We all acknowledge that Brad is a pest & rat.....largely without honour or following the traditional hockey code......so why would anyone expect him to fight Eller the 2nd time for zero reason in Brads mind other then Ellers bruised ego. Logic & history would tell us Brad wasn't going to drop the gloves at that point.

4) Absolutely Brad was expecting retaliation from Eller or some other player......Brad being the pest he is played Eller perfectly as a pest. You can bet one day in the future at a time of Brads choosing he will goat Eller into another retaliation pen helping the Bruins. Plus if Brad ever fights him again it very likely will be when Brad wants to fight him.......not when Eller wants it.

Explaining & understanding Brads actions isn't defending his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad