Speculation: March 5th 3pm ET trade deadline - Chevy has a bit more room than you think ($7.1m)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
O'Dell might make the squad next year, even battling versus Jokinen. Yes, I know about "the wiley veteran" Jokinen, but he's lost a step and turns 36 in December. It's one thing to argue that O'Dell might not be the Jets' future, but I can 100% guarantee you that Jokinen won't be. The only problem is that Jokinen has a modified No-Trade-Clause. So moving him at the deadline might not be possible even if we did find a willing partner.

The problem with O'Dell is he lacks flexibility, and needs waivers next year. He's not really a bottom line player, and he's not a winger, so the minimum he needs to play is #3C.

I'd imagine Jokinen would be willing to move to a playoff team.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
The problem with O'Dell is he lacks flexibility, and needs waivers next year. He's not really a bottom line player, and he's not a winger, so the minimum he needs to play is #3C.
Which solves the problem you raised of Burmistrov not coming back. Burmistrov is a solid defensive #3C (behind Little and Scheifele). But I doubt he wants to play #3C especially at #3C salary. He can make more money, playing more minutes, in front of his family and hometown friends, speaking his own language, in the KHL.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Which solves the problem you raised of Burmistrov not coming back. Burmistrov is a solid defensive #3C (behind Little and Scheifele). But I doubt he wants to play #3C especially at #3C salary. He can make more money, playing more minutes, in front of his family and hometown friends, speaking his own language, in the KHL.
The Jets current #3C makes 4.5MM

Also, O'Dell played on Burmi's wing for the Ice Caps.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
The Jets current #3C makes 4.5MM
And the Jets current 2nd-string-AHL-level goalie gets paid $3.9 million per year. :cry: Jokinen was signed to be #2C, and paid accordingly. He was obstinately played at #2C last season, which cost us dearly...
  • a playoff spot
  • Burmistrov
Both Jokinen's signing and Pav's extension were big mistakes. I can guarantee you Jokinen is NOT coming back at $4.5 million next season, if at all.

Also, O'Dell played on Burmi's wing for the Ice Caps.
Apparently, that didn't work out very well.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
O'dell isn't to blame either.

That being said, Almost bought a game worn Burmi IceCaps Jersey for 500 the other day.

The line did quite well actually. They were generating a lot of shots and severely outplaying there opponent.

Burmi having a rotation of wingers scoring on 3% of their shots instead of the norm 8-15% (depending on the winger) was the problem. Not saying Burmistrov's play was perfect but were pushing the facts here.

Mostly Burmi played with Jaffray (7% sh% with Burmi) with a shuffling mix of Maxwell (1% sh% with Burmi), Trembley (4%), Whitmore (0%), and King (4%) though, very little time with O`Dell. Burmi shot at about 3.8%. That's going to kill anyone's numbers. And no, you cannot blame a player for that.

The IceCaps suffered greatly that season from poor luck:
http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012/11/20/3672776/winnipeg-jets-st-johns-icecaps-ahl-tracker
http://www.arcticicehockey.com/icec...eg-jets-ahl-affiliate-st-johns-icecaps-review

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad