Speculation: March 5th 3pm ET trade deadline - Chevy has a bit more room than you think ($7.1m)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, we're all entitled to our own "whoops post of the month" Wonder where Vanek will go at the deadline tho. I think LA and then sign in Minny in the offseason. As for Jets, I think Chevy will play it similar to last year.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I hope chevy makes a splash and trades buff for Vanek. Buffalo could have two really big defensemen as their core.

Vanek is a UFA. Would love to sign him in the off season, but he has stated already that he wants to play in Minnesota. But I'm sure if Chevy made the right offer, he could come 8 hours north ;)

He also is a islander

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
I hope chevy makes a splash and trades buff for Vanek. Buffalo could have two really big defensemen as their core.

I've been all for trading Buff for 2 years now but not for a 30 yr old. My view is if we can't get an under 25 top 6 roster asset and then some, we shoot for a very good young prospect and and high draft pick.

Vanek isn't the type of asset that makes us better long term and that can grow with our current core IMO.

Hope Chevy can move in that direction at the deadline and if not, over the summer.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
A few months ago Lawless said that the Jets were already at their internal cap, so the "cap space" they had left wasn't really available.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
On the "trade Buff" angle (not saying he will or won't be, or if it would happen now or in the off season, etc), but besides the usual suspect of teams usually mentioned like the Flyers, Oilers, etc, one team where I think he would be a fit, and that would have the necessary pieces that fit us would be the Lightning.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
A few months ago Lawless said that the Jets were already at their internal cap, so the "cap space" they had left wasn't really available.

I wouldn't be worried about it. The revenue projections blow that out of the water IMO, maybe not this year but the next few ones. I don't think we'll have an internal cap for a while.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
On the "trade Buff" angle (not saying he will or won't be, or if it would happen now or in the off season, etc), but besides the usual suspect of teams usually mentioned like the Flyers, Oilers, etc, one team where I think he would be a fit, and that would have the necessary pieces that fit us would be the Lightning.

Which pieces from the Lightning are you thinking of, Huffer?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Which pieces from the Lightning are you thinking of, Huffer?

I was thinking of teams that could possibly want a top pair RHD, and they are a team that could use one I believe. Hedman is young, is a lefty, and has 3 years left before he's a UFA. He needs a partner. Carle should be the second pair LHD, and Salo and Gudas are their top two righties and neither are anywhere close to being 1st pair quality.

Then, a quick look at their roster and prospect pool and you have the following:

Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Kucherov, Nameestnikov, Conolly, Panik, Koekkoek.

Not saying all of those guys are available, but I would have no issue with a deal that included someone in that list for sure, especially the 1st 5 names.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Honestly, I didn't really think a long time about it. I was thinking of teams that could possibly want a top pair RHD, and they are a team that could use one I believe. Hedman is young, is a lefty, and has 3 years left before he's a UFA. He needs a partner. Carle should be the second pair LHD, and Salo and Gudas are their top two righties and neither are anywhere close to being 1st pair quality.

Then, a quick look at their roster and prospect pool and you have the following:

Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Kucherov, Nameestnikov, Conolly, Panik, Koekkoek.

Not saying all of those guys are available, but I would have no issue with a deal that included one of the 1st 5 in that list for sure.

You might be onto something.....TB has an insane prospect pool and Buff is the type of player that could be a difference maker for them.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I really have no idea what Chevy is going to do, but it's going to be interesting to find out.
I've wanted moves in previous years (Hainsey for a first, if he wouldn't resign etc) but this year I'm not really sure what I want. It'll really depend on where we are in the standings.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Long term best outcome is to sell what expiring assets we have for rentals. Maybe try to re-sign Stuart as a UFA in the summer.

Although points wise we are "in it" most teams have a few games in hand, and the torrid 9-3-1 pace probably isn't going to continue, which is what it would have to do (along with continued shoddy play from the 4 other teams we're contending with for that 8th spot and the privilege to be the warm-up squad for Chicago or St. Louis before they really get serious in their run to the final 4).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00