Marc Bergevin's Actual 2019 Draft List

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Should post the whole video.

I think others would enjoy seeing the behind the scenes draft talk.

The habs scouts talk about the amount of games they watch.
I just watched a 12 minute version on youtube. Not sure if its the whole thing but it's interesting.
I wonder who they were speaking so negatively about after Caufield.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I just watched a 12 minute version on youtube. Not sure if its the whole thing but it's interesting.
I wonder who they were speaking so negatively about after Caufield.

That's it.

One has to assume Kaliyev. He has the skill and potential to be 15th, or higher, but the rumored attitude.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
A lot of scouts had zegras #3. Glad to see a gm did as well.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He does pick up the yellow marker as soon as Florida announces Knight, meaning he was gonna cross out his name on the list. So, it's weird that Krebs was highlighted in yellow, since he had not been picked yet. Very weird.

Another thing, he shuts down McPhee after FLA picks Knight, meaning he knows his player will be available. There was only Philly at 14 left to pick, so Bergevin probably had 2 players in mind, and 1 of them would be available at 15. Probably Caufield and Newhook, although that Krebs thing has me wondering

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He does pick up the yellow marker as soon as Florida announces Knight, meaning he was gonna cross out his name on the list. So, it's weird that Krebs was highlighted in yellow, since he had not been picked yet. Very weird.

Another thing, he shuts down McPhee after FLA picks Knight, meaning he knows his player will be available. There was only Philly at 14 left to pick, so Bergevin probably had 2 players in mind, and 1 of them would be available at 15. Probably Caufield and Newhook, although that Krebs thing has me wondering

I think it was Caufield + Krebs that they were hoping for. Not sure why they highlighted Krebs at 6; maybe he was ranked there before his injury and they decided to pick him at the end of that top 11 list if he was the last player available?

Hard to say, really. Still think Caufield is an awesome pick for them! Had him personnally at #5.

Always like those videos. Vancouver/Arizona made behind the scene draft videos last year that were also pretty interesting. Are there others of this year draft?

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Zegras at 3 is ballsy

Eh I mean once Hughes and Kakko were gone there were a number of names that wouldn't be that surprising to see at 3. I've always expected much more variation from real lists, and although this is obviously just one single example it's still interesting to see. Would be so curious to see more.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Yes I agree. #6 looks more like Broberg than Krebs. Last letter looks like a "g".

PLUS it makes more sense since the pick is listed before Caufield and it is highlighted (Krebs was taken after Habs pick).

Its very clear in Minato is God's photo.

Krebs is 6, Broberg is 13. It 100% is Krebs at 6, why he's crossed off we don't know, but you can grab frames for yourself and see. It's clearly Krebs.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Can anyone make out what it says top right above the name of Newhook? I'm curious as to what that list represents.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I just tweaked the photo slightly to make it easier to see. So far I'm pretty sure it looks like

1.Hughes
2.Kakko
3.Zegras
4.Byram
5.Turcotte
6.Krebs
7. Boldy
8.Podkolzin
9.Dach
10.Caufield
11.Seider

Here he writes

"Could go before 15"

12. Cozens
13. Broberg
14. Knight
15. Kaliyev

Why didn't the habs go with Krebs at 15 if they had him rated higher then Caufield?

Also looks like Habs may have picked Kaliyev at 15 if Caufield and Krebs weren't available(York and Soderstrom)

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Why didn't the habs go with Krebs at 15 if they had him rated higher then Caufield?

Also looks like Habs may have picked Kaliyev at 15 if Caufield and Krebs weren't available(York and Soderstrom)

We don't really know, but while the rest of the names were only getting crossed out as they got drafted, Krebs' name was crossed out from the start

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Bergevin wasn't entirely sure who Spencer Knight was. I don't think it's his list. It's the Habs'.

Also, there were three guys they wanted, because he states that Minnesota, Florida, and Philly are yet to pick and Timmins says they need "one more help, we need Florida to take the goalie".

They would likely have accepted the third to move back if the available pool had dwindled to the Newhook to Poulin group listed on the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad