Marc Bergevin's Actual 2019 Draft List

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

This was obtained from the Behind the scenes video that surfaced today that showed them on the draft floor.

I just tweaked the photo slightly to make it easier to see. So far I'm pretty sure it looks like

1.Hughes
2.Kakko
3.Zegras
4.Byram
5.Turcotte
6.Krebs
7. Boldy
8.Podkolzin
9.Dach
10.Caufield
11.Seider

Here he writes

"Could go before 15"

12. Cozens
13. Broberg
14. Knight
15. Kaliyev

List on the right is separate. What I can make out is

1. Newhook
2. Thomson
3. Heinola
4. Harley
5. Soderstrom
6. Suzuki
7. York
8. Poulin

Minato is God also got this one which shows the left side in more detail.

I'll give credit to Viggo Mortensen for the idea.

We can see that MB has his draft list in front of him between 8min-9min. Wonder if someone would be able to zoom in on it and get a clean look at it.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any other examples of team lists getting out post draft? Is it surprising that the third overall pick is ranked 9 here? What about Cozens at 12 and Kaliyev at 15.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
6 looks to be Broberg
The 2nd picture shows Krebs at 6. I have no clue how that makes any sense since we would have drafted him over Caufield who was ranked at 10. Also, notice how all the players that got drafted were highlighted, but Krebs was also highlighted.

Maybe the entire table thought that Krebs already got drafted. :sarcasm:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why Krebs was ranked 6th but went with Caufield.....
Itss not necessarily the habs rankings. It could be his own personal list, or more likely, a list of who he expects to go to those teams drafting.
Otherwise, based purely on his excitement before drafting Caufield, there's no way he had Krebs above Caufield.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
The 2nd picture shows Krebs at 6. I have no clue how that makes any sense since we would have drafted him over Caufield who was ranked at 10. Also, notice how all the players that got drafted were highlighted, but Krebs was also highlighted.

Maybe the entire table though that Krebs already got drafted. :sarcasm:

I think they had him there on talent, as the rest of the list and highlights make sense, but maybe ruled him out because of injuries and so just took his name off the list.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Could be some kind of a simulation or anything else really, the only thing one can say for sure is that it was closely related to how the draft proceeded.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well he was constantly referring to it and crossing names off as they got drafted, sure we don't know for sure that it's their list, but it makes too much sense to not be it.
in the video, scouts keep saying 'hes in MY top 10.' So scouts came up with their own personal rankings and they then fit an overall list. That paper could have been anyone's even if it was a top 10 ranking. It likely wasnt the Habs or Bergevi's tho

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
in the video, scouts keep saying 'hes in MY top 10.' So scouts came up with their own personal rankings and they then fit an overall list. That paper could have been anyone's even if it was a top 10 ranking. It likely wasnt the Habs or Bergevi's tho

That makes no sense, why would Bergevin have that list directly in front of him and be crossing names that are drafted off. Its possible it is his personal list, but even that is largely based off the conversations with their scouts and is very similar to the hAbs list. I mean, he's the GM.

Come on.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That makes no sense, why would Bergevin have that list directly in front of him and be crossing names that are drafted off. Its possible it is his personal list, but even that is largely based off the conversations with their scouts and is very similar to the hAbs list. I mean, he's the GM.

Come on.
How do u know explain his huge excitement at drafting caufield when #6 on that list was still available. He had numerous offers to drop down just a bit. Had he actually had Krebs over Cuafield, chances are we would have had Krebs instead.
Its not his list.

Reactions: FerrisRox

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
How do u know explain his huge excitement at drafting caufield when #6 on that list was still available. He had numerous offers to drop down just a bit. Had he actually had Krebs over Cuafield, chances are we would have had Krebs instead.
Its not his list.

Your love for Caufield is making this decision for you. Believe what you want it's clear it's his list. Krebs was crossed off, for what reason we don't know but he did show up limping.

He's also crossed off right from the start of when you can see his list, as opposed to the others who get crossed off as it goes

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Your love for Caufield is making this decision for you. Believe what you want it's clear it's his list. Krebs was crossed off, for what reason we don't know but he did show up limping.

He's also crossed off right from the start of when you can see his list, as opposed to the others who get crossed off as it goes
I dont see what my 'supposed' love for Caufield is 'making this decision' for me. Its common sense if you prefer x than y than u go with x. You certainly dont go with y when x is still available.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I dont see what my 'supposed' love for Caufield is 'making this decision' for me. Its common sense if you prefer x than y than u go with x. You certainly dont go with y when x is still available.

Ok I'll explain further.

Your high view of Caufield as a prospect is stopping you from seeing the logical conclusion.

Krebs was the only guy they crossed off that hadn't gone. What exactly do you think Marc was doing, sitting on the draft floor holding this slip of paper, constantly referring to it, and crossing off names as they get drafted.

Why would he be looking at any list other than his draft list doing that. I don't expect to change your mind.

I'm a huge fan of Caufield and I think they were excited when they got him because he was ranked so highly. He was the highest ranked player on their list who wasn't crossed out when they picked him.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Anyone have any other examples of team lists getting out post draft? Is it surprising that the third overall pick is ranked 9 here?
Not at all for me, and vice versa that the 9th pick (Zegras) is ranked 3rd. This is going to be a fun draft year to look back on. I think it was more wide open in the lottery than people realized both in the sense of potential and 'sure things' (which are few and far between). Turcotte pegged to the 5 spot, Boldy quite high as well, ahead of Caufield for them too and it looks like they really did see Cole as a steal at 15. you love to see it

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ok I'll explain further.

Your high view of Caufield as a prospect is stopping you from seeing the logical conclusion.

Krebs was the only guy they crossed off that hadn't gone. What exactly do you think Marc was doing, sitting on the draft floor holding this slip of paper, constantly referring to it, and crossing off names as they get drafted.

Why would he be looking at any list other than his draft list doing that. I don't expect to change your mind.

I'm a huge fan of Caufield and I think they were excited when they got him because he was ranked so highly. He was the highest ranked player on their list who wasn't crossed out when they picked him.
How many times u gonna repeat that?

What a pointless discussion.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Should post the whole video.

I think others would enjoy seeing the behind the scenes draft talk.

The habs scouts talk about the amount of games they watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad