Marc Bergevin " So your telling me there's a chance" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The nice thing about Julien BriseBois, outside the quotes and general mentality I keep reading from him, is the fact you know there's going to be a purge of everyone in the organisation.

Sylvain Lefebvre is everything he steers clear from when he's looking for an AHL coach. He sold Guy Boucher, Jon Cooper and Ben Groulx to his GMs.

For that fact alone, I'd hire him. That kind of person recognizes talented individuals.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I don't know why, but something tells me that Bergevin is not going anywhere after this season, no matter the end result. Molson must really have faith in Bergevin.

Unfortunately it is us, the fans, that will have to suffer a few more years before Molson realizes the wrong guy is running the show.

Patience people because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't know why, but something tells me that Bergevin is not going anywhere after this season, no matter the end result. Molson must really have faith in Bergevin.

Unfortunately it is us, the fans, that will have to suffer a few more years before Molson realizes the wrong guy is running the show.

Patience people because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I'm honestly fine with keeping Bergevin IF we see a course correction and changes in the front office. I doubt that's forthcoming, but some recognition of the predictable way things have gone sideways is reasonable.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The nice thing about Julien BriseBois, outside the quotes and general mentality I keep reading from him, is the fact you know there's going to be a purge of everyone in the organisation.

Sylvain Lefebvre is everything he steers clear from when he's looking for an AHL coach. He sold Guy Boucher, Jon Cooper and Ben Groulx to his GMs.

For that fact alone, I'd hire him. That kind of person recognizes talented individuals.

It's ironic that an ownership group that fails to recognize talented individuals , hired a person who can't recognize talented individuals and that's what stopping us from having a talented organization that recognizes and promotes other talented individuals....Oh boy that hurt to type.:help:

Reactions: Habs178

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Shaw has played well for the Habs.....and yes, he has 2 cups......btw, how's Chicago been doing since his departure??

Awful logic , so an intern leaves Microsoft and their stock goes down to half it's value the next day , does that mean the intern was holding Microsoft together?

Many posters need to take some basic math and statistics classics , the things said by some in this thread are beyond hilarious.

"Correlation is not causation" means that just because two things correlate does not necessarily mean that one causes the other. As a seasonal example, just because people in the UK tend to spend more in the shops when it's cold and less when it's hot doesn't mean cold weather causes frenzied high-street spending. A more plausible explanation would be that cold weather tends to coincide with Christmas and the new year sales.

Correlation is not causation | Nathan Green's S word

Reactions: Peanut

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Are you trying to say that Shaw is the difference maker in the play of the Blackhawks? Like for reals? Like he was that impactful? Whatever man.
Shawzie is a player like many before him that got an inflated contract because of the winning team he played on. There can be no way that this can be disputed after seeing him in a habs uni for several years. If anyone denies this they are simply trolling because they have nothing else to go on.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Are you trying to say that Shaw is the difference maker in the play of the Blackhawks? Like for reals? Like he was that impactful? Whatever man.
If you think he had no impact then you just hate the guy cause he's a Bergevin aquisition. The guy proved it with points, goals, hits, Stanley Cups and he was a difference maker, there's no arguing that, you can't, it was all caught on camera.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
If you think he had no impact then you just hate the guy cause he's a Bergevin aquisition. The guy proved it with points, goals, hits, Stanley Cups and he was a difference maker, there's no arguing that, you can't, it was all caught on camera.
Dude I don't even hate Shaw at all. But to try to say the Blackhawks play has declined a bit is because he's gone is a far f***ing reach man. Seriously. And if he was such a difference maker, how come we haven't seen that over here? Oh that's right, he looked amazeballs because he played on stacked Hawks team.

Reactions: Peanut

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
How do bergevin defenders still exist?
Defenders of what??......you want me to list you 15 of his f*** ups, I'll do it no problem, unlike most, I just don't want him fired, and last time I checked, I'm 100% entitled to that opinion.

I like the Shaw trade
I like the Weber trade
I hate the Alzner signing
I hated the DD extension
I want Patches traded
I like Danault
I dislike Morrow
I like Deslauriers
I dislike Plekanec
I like Scherbak
I dislike Lefebvre

You see, it's not all roses with Bergevin like some want to promote here......because I have a different opinion doesn't make me stupid or an ass hole, I just have a different opinion capiche :D

Reactions: Belial

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dude I don't even hate Shaw at all. But to try to say the Blackhawks play has declined a bit is because he's gone is a far ****ing reach man. Seriously. And if he was such a difference maker, how come we haven't seen that over here? Oh that's right, he looked amazeballs because he played on stacked Hawks team.
Pretty sure he was dealing with concussions......and how come Toews, Kane etc aren't performing in the playoffs anymore??.....how come they can't get past the first round if they are so stacked??

Plus we suck, we have no centerman, how the f*** you gonna win like that.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Defenders of what??......you want me to list you 15 of his **** ups, I'll do it no problem, unlike most, I just don't want him fired, and last time I checked, I'm 100% entitled to that opinion.

I like the Shaw trade (Why? Debrincat + , gives us so much more)
I like the Weber trade (Why? Subban is arguably just as good and younger , unless you think we are contending?)
I hate the Alzner signing (Good)
I hated the DD extension (Good)
I want Patches traded (Good)
I like Danault (Good)
I dislike Morrow (Good)
I like Deslauriers (Good but he's a minor piece)
I dislike Plekanec (Good , he's done a lot of good but he's old now)
I like Scherbak (Good! Scherby is imo our best offensive prospect , even ahead of Poehling for me)
I dislike Lefebvre (Good)

You see, it's not all roses with Bergevin like some want to promote here......because I have a different opinion doesn't make me stupid or an ass hole, I just have a different opinion capiche :D

Now the main question is (see notes above) , how can you make such a list and still support our management , especially when knowing that we are now not even in the top 18 of teams over the last 3 seasons (regular season) and no playoffs in 2 out of 3 seasons...Especially when the team is taking the shape that was envisioned by our GM and has failed miserably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
LMAO.

Just to give you a little update: one of those second round picks you were so flippant about has 28 points so far this year.

Need to have calls from Yzerman, Poile and Bowman blocked on Bergevin's phone. He needs to be protected from himself.

Reactions: Electricity

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Now the main question is (see notes above) , how can you make such a list and still support our management , especially when knowing that we are now not even in the top 18 of teams over the last 3 seasons (regular season) and no plays in 2 out of 3 seasons...Especially when the team is taking the shape that was envisioned by our GM and has failed miserably.
SUBBAN is definitely more talented, I just prefer Weber, that's all man.

Debrincat is a good player, I like what Shaw brings though.....lets see how long Debrincat can hold up with his tiny frame, maybe he'll be good for the next 10yrs....

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
SUBBAN is definitely more talented, I just prefer Weber, that's all man.

Debrincat is a good player, I like what Shaw brings though.....lets see how long Debrincat can hold up with his tiny frame, maybe he'll be good for the next 10yrs....

That's fine , you are allowed to have your perspective , but even so with the moves you listed and the ones you didn't , it still adds up to a GM that isn't doing a great job. Wouldn't you agree with that statement?

Don't you want our franchise to have the best of the best (creme of the crop)?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Need to have calls from Yzerman, Poile and Bowman blocked on Bergevin's phone. He needs to be protected from himself.

I can't remember who said it, by I remember a guy in hockey media saying that (paraphrasing) the way to be a good GM is to make trades with bad GMs. Seems apt.

Reactions: Habs178
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad