Marc Bergevin " So your telling me there's a chance" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shaw isn't so bad when your forwards are Panarin/Saad, Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, etc. He's a nice complimentary asset to those guys. When half of them were gone, Chicago wasn't as great in the playoffs, with or without Shaw. (that's a fact)

Shaw is not a guy that gets you to the playoffs, he is supposed to help you once you get there.

However, Bergevin forgot to add the requisite pieces that provide enough scoring to win games in the regular season, so that his goalie doesn't have to stand on his head every night to try and win a one-goal game and that's when his goalie is at his best.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If Bergevin wasn’t such an arrogant f*** head I don’t think the fan base would hate him so much. Reggie Houle was bad but he was just a great guy and wasn’t arrogant.
But Bergevin just has to come out bullshit and intelligent fan base for 6 year and be so f***ing cocky you can’t wish anything but failure on him and that’s sad because I love the Habs and hate watching them lose but if losing is the only way that molson will realize that Bergevin has pulled the wool over his eyes then keep losing

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Actually, there are several posts from him where he was claiming that Shaw is a comparable to Gallagher in terms of offensive production. Of course,
he solely used Gallagher's numbers during his broken hand years and left out the part where Gallagher had not played the same number of games. The lengths he goes to produce strawmen in order to protect his adulation of PurplePants is the stuff of Branch Davidians.

It's not even close. In career Gallagher is producing at a 46 points over 82 games pace which is 11 points more than Shaw (31% more). And Gallagher is almost one year younger.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
I would be so much more interested in watching the games if that would be the roster, even if it is not near contender:

Pac (4.5) - Chucky (4.9) - Radulov (7*)
Lehk (0.84) - Danault (0.9) - Gally (3.75)
DLo (0.775) - Eller (3.5) - Byron (1.167)
DLR (0.725) - Hudon (0.65) - A.Shaw (3.9**)

Markov (6*) - Subban (9)
Emelin (4.1) - Petry (5.5)
Sergachev (0.89) - Benn (1.1)

*Estimated
**I'd prefer Debrincat and Girard, but that is too far fetched for me to assume.

For me, it still comes down to finding a top 6 C with this line-up, maybe 2 if Chucky is given a couple of full season and really doesn't pan out, but I see less holes in that this year than what we have. Following year sees Markov leaving, as well as Emelin. Maybe a top four of Subban, Serg, Petry, Mete-Juulsen. Nothing to brag about next year, but could be promising.

That leaves about 8M this year, then about 14M for this year's crop of UFA after Price's extension and Emelin-Markov unloaded, give or take...

Need more? Get rid of Shaw. Couldn't care less.

If Markov still has a bit of gas, another year at 4M. Leaves about 10M, minus Eller's extra money on top of his 3.5 if he deserves more, which shouldn't be more the way he trended.

Let Poehling develop and draft only centers. ONLY CENTERS. ALL PICKS ARE CENTERS. (Kidding of course, BPA as it should be)

Mete eventually comes in, maybe Lernout (to somewhat replace Emelin). Sherback too, but not convinced myself.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If Bergevin wasn’t such an arrogant **** head I don’t think the fan base would hate him so much. Reggie Houle was bad but he was just a great guy and wasn’t arrogant.
But Bergevin just has to come out bull**** and intelligent fan base for 6 year and be so ****ing cocky you can’t wish anything but failure on him and that’s sad because I love the Habs and hate watching them lose but if losing is the only way that molson will realize that Bergevin has pulled the wool over his eyes then keep losing

This post is overdue because I find these types of posts irritating, rude, stupid, and useless.

I don't give a shit about Bergevin's personality except as it may hamper his performance as a GM. As far as his personality with fans and media, I could not care less. Sam Pollock was not cuddly and no one asked him to be.

It is not Bergevin's media image that worries me, it is his evident lack of ability and intellect as the GM of the Habs that worries me. I criticize his work, not him. You and many others here should understand the difference. Try to be civil and decent in your debates.

I don't make personal insults. Even with people I know. Let alone those whom I do not know. If Bergevin was the devil himself and was a good GM that is all that matters to me. It is grotesque to make personal comments on the internet about persons that you do not know, and it lowers the tone of this board.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
This post is overdue because I find these types of posts irritating, rude, stupid, and useless.

I don't give a **** about Bergevin's personality except as it may hamper his performance as a GM. As far as his personality with fans and media, I could not care less. Sam Pollock was not cuddly and no one asked him to be.

It is not Bergevin's media image that worries me, it is his evident lack of ability and intellect as the GM of the Habs that worries me. I criticize his work, not him.

I don't make personal insults. Even with people I know. Let alone those whom I do not know. If Bergevin was the devil himself and was a good GM that is all that matters to me. It is grotesque to make personal comments on the internet about persons that you do not know, and it lowers the tone of this board.
You’re entitled to your opinion. Bergevin is an arrogant jack ass.
I couldn’t give a tiny rats ass what you think
His arrogance has hampered his job. ie: radulov and markov. The subban trade
Saying out d is better now than last year.
That’s f***ing arrogant as f*** and it’s made him f*** up this whole team. His arrogance took a pretty good team and made them a lottery team
No more proof needed Btw Bergevin is not sam pollock. Horrible comaparison.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A lot of people are not suited to the jobs they are occupying. There is no shame in admitting it, nor in doing something about it.

As a case in point, take a look at what another public figure has transitioned into. Someone who like Bergevin, also wears purple pants.

23dsyk.jpg

Barney The Dinosaur, as everyone knows, is a kids's character that sang the song:

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you

News has just surfaced that Barney has proceeded to a career change. Turns out that the man behind the children's show "Barney" is now running a tantric sex business: Man behind children’s show Barney is now running a tantric sex business | Metro News

So, here's to you Bergy The Dinosaur GM -- just go away. Whatever it is you do, vacate your GM position. Trust me, it can only be for the better. You too can be doing something you'll be better at, even if, you have a fetish for purple pants.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You’re entitled to your opinion. Bergevin is an arrogant jack ass.
I couldn’t give a tiny rats ass what you think
His arrogance has hampered his job. ie: radulov and markov. The subban trade
Saying out d is better now than last year.
That’s ****ing arrogant as **** and it’s made him **** up this whole team. His arrogance took a pretty good team and made them a lottery team
No more proof needed Btw Bergevin is not sam pollock. Horrible comaparison.
Could not have asked for a better response.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The no centers available, myth.

I will be 100% honest, I thought Staal was done.
Now hear me out:
-If we traded Plekanec at the deadline as a UFA, we can all agree he would definitely return a 1st+good prospect at that time right? Vastly superior player compared to Vermette who got something similar. Wouldn't be surprised if a team like Nashville overpaid as Johansen was their only top 6 C.
-If we decided to trade PK because we wanted to rebuild, the rumoured asking price was Subban, 9th for Draisaitl, Klefbom,4th(lets say Sergachev due to trading PK, seems reasonable to me).
-Going with a rebuild mindset, we wouldn't have traded 2 2nds for Shaw, and would have drafted Debrincat+Girard.
-In order to replace Plekanec, we sign Staal.
-Along with the Radulov signing(Subban's contract leaving would make it work)

This could result today:
Pacioretty-Staal-Radulov
Galchenyuk-Draisaitl-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Lekhonen/Debrincat

Klefbom-Sergachev
Markov-Petry
Girard-X

Don't forget that 1st+good prospect from the Plekanec trade as well.

Now, by absolute no means am I saying that this is a great team, but I do see a team with young talent rising while keeping good veterans in order to help the young players be sheltered. You can then flip those guys or don't depending on how the team does.

Am I crazy? Absolutely. Is this TOTALLY unrealistic? I don't think so, pretty close to what it could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad