Marc Bergevin " So your telling me there's a chance" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
my calculations......

i figure to get a sniff of the wildcard we would need 94 points at least.....

37 games remain.....

lets say we get 4 more OT/loser points.....

so to get to 94 points we would need to go 24-9-4 :baghead:

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Next thing you know Bergevin will trade away whatever future this team has left to Tampa Bay for Daniel Girardi. He only has 3 goals this year but he's got character.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Next thing you know Bergevin will trade away whatever future this team has left to Tampa Bay for Daniel Girardi. He only has 3 goals this year but he's got character.
I think you're alone if you actually believe that

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He has officially become worse than Rejean Houle in my mind.

Like some other people said:

Houle had to liquidate the players so he could sell the team cheaper.. and he achieved with success
Bergevin tried to make this team competitive.. and well.. we know what happened next

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has officially become worse than Rejean Houle in my mind.

More like Gainey IMO... he started strong but is fading towards the end. I think what Bergevin does in his next moves will dictate his faith. The job is quite easy at the moment.... Trade Patch, Pleky, Shaw, and Alzner for futures (at the very least Pleky and Patch).

Holding onto hope with our current core is not the right plan. Good GM's learn and adapt on the fly... Time will tell.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
More like Gainey IMO... he started strong but is fading towards the end. I think what Bergevin does in his next moves will dictate his faith. The job is quite easy at the moment.... Trade Patch, Pleky, Shaw, and Alzner for futures (at the very least Pleky and Patch).

Holding onto hope with our current core is not the right plan. Good GM's learn and adapt on the fly... Time will tell.

We've traded PK for Weber. Traded Drouin for Sergachev. Traded 2 high picks for Shaw. Signed Alzner. The fact that NOW you are saying that trading everybody will dictate his future HAS to be what dictates his faith. He is improvising like I've seen no other do. That'e enough for me to know his faith. Why would you believe in somebody who goes against what he believed in?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

He didn't really start strong though. He did not come in and pulled a Kovalev trade. He took over the team and did close to nothing..just let the obvious crap go. His big statement was getting Vanek for a few months, but even that same year, he went after Briere-Parros-Murray, which were failures.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We've traded PK for Weber. Traded Drouin for Sergachev. Traded 2 high picks for Shaw. Signed Alzner. The fact that NOW you are saying that trading everybody will dictate his future HAS to be what dictates his faith. He is improvising like I've seen no other do. That'e enough for me to know his faith. Why would you believe in somebody who goes against what he believed in?

Gainey traded McDonaugh for Gomez. That is likely the worse trade in franchise history. Like I said, both Gainey and Bergevin started well but are fading in the end. Bergevin may have made trades you don't like but he did get solid assets in return who are under team control for several years

Reactions: dralaf

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He didn't really start strong though. He did not come in and pulled a Kovalev trade. He took over the team and did close to nothing..just let the obvious crap go. His big statement was getting Vanek for a few months, but even that same year, he went after Briere-Parros-Murray, which were failures.
First mistake and to me, this has bled into what we're seeing today...

Is he made the mistake of thinking the team he took over, was really better than their record indicated it was. I guess that theory was reinforced in his opinion after they won the division his first year as GM, but they got destroyed by the Sens in the playoffs that year...

He needed to purge the team when he took over and all he really did was get rid of Gomez, which was an obvious, but there were other veterans he should of done the same with.

Curious to see if he's going to take the same approach this year...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Bergevin was considered one of the best young GM's in the game in his first few years with the Habs. People forget this very quick. The guy had a negotiation war with Subban on the bridge contract and then got burned in the next contract. Then he trades Subban before his NMC kicked in. I like Weber but trading Subban has lead to a downward spiral for our GM. Not much he can do to turn people around and support him anymore.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I really don’t know what to say anymore on the subject of Bergevin. If this clown is back next season, Geoff Molson is even more clueless and out of touch than we thought.

Reactions: Runner77

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a fighter and I'll fight untill the last second to have the 12th pick.
The time to fight and be aggressive was at the trade deadline last year,then he had another chance to be aggressive this summer did nothing but sit on his butthole....he could have called his buddy Tallon and offered something for Marchessault before the expansion draft,he could have gone after Schenn,he could have signed Radulov,he could have signed Markov,he could have used his cap space ....instead he was a gutless coward and did nothing ...WHY....because he had his security blanket ....Carey Price to bail him out as he has done for many years.

Reactions: kgboomer

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The time to fight and be aggressive was at the trade deadline last year,then he had another chance to be aggressive this summer did nothing but sit on his butthole....he could have called his buddy Tallon and offered something for Marchessault before the expansion draft,he could have gone after Schenn,he could have signed Radulov,he could have signed Markov,he could have used his cap space ....instead he was a gutless coward and did nothing ...WHY....because he had his security blanket ....Carey Price to bail him out as he has done for many years.

I don't think he did nothing.....i think he did something and that's the problem.

Just going after Alzner and Drouin for $10M and losing Sergachev in the process is terrible.
Two moves he should already regrets by now.

Without being agressive, just sign one of Radulov or Markov, nothing else...and do nothing else.
This team would've been better, not perfect, but better for sure. His moves actually made things worst.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

He isn’t learning or adapting at all though. He lowballs skill and overplays for character. This is his mantra. Obsessed with grit to the point where I wonder if he was a cement mixer in a alternatile universe.

He’s made the team worse. Not just one mistake but several.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
All the jokes and hate aside, it's time for a new voice and vision. We need someone to come in and sell to Molson that they need to tank for 2 years and load up on blue chip prospects and go for a run. There's time if they do it quickly and right, Price has 8 years left and probably 5-6 good years.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Bergevin was considered one of the best young GM's in the game in his first few years with the Habs. People forget this very quick. The guy had a negotiation war with Subban on the bridge contract and then got burned in the next contract. Then he trades Subban before his NMC kicked in. I like Weber but trading Subban has lead to a downward spiral for our GM. Not much he can do to turn people around and support him anymore.
He was considered great despite doing nothing and it was based solely on the Habs record+Vanek, that is it, and as you now know, it meant absolutely jack crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad