Marc Bergevin: Redemption Song Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
He is thinking about "retirement".... IF they win it, I guess.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You should leave Drouin alone. He and his family don't need that kind of comment. Lack of class, you should be ashamed.

Spare me the misguided morality lesson and indignation.

Drouin and his family probably don't and shouldn't read this forum, so you can also spare the victimization shield.

If Drouin had anything close to what you pretend to yourself he has, Habs players would honor him, at least one would've come out and say something like "we're doing this for Joe" "this win is for Drou". It's been three rounds and it's as if he's never been with the team. Should they be ashamed too? Cuz they're acting like the great victim that is Drouin doesn't even register on their radar. It's as if they are pissed he quit on the team.

He left in a warm-up, right smack in a playoff race. That would explain why they're not honoring him in any way. Zero, zilch, nada.

You don't like what I write, then there's a function on this site for that very purpose, instead of acting like you're on some moral high ground so you play dictator against free speech.

I have a question for you. Did you ever make negative remarks towards Gomez when he was in his goal drought?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Spare me the misguided morality lesson and indignation.

Drouin and his family probably don't and shouldn't read this forum, so you can also spare the victimization shield.

If Drouin had anything close to what you pretend to yourself he has, Habs players would honor him, at least one would've come out and say something like "we're doing this for Joe" "this win is for Drou". It's been three rounds and it's as if he's never been with the team. Should they be ashamed too? Cuz they're acting like the great victim that is Drouin doesn't even register on their radar. It's as if they are pissed he quit on the team.

He left in a warm-up, right smack in a playoff race. That would explain why they're not honoring him in any way. Zero, zilch, nada.

You don't like what I write, then there's a function on this site for that very purpose, instead of acting like you're on some moral high ground so you play dictator against free speech.

I have a question for you. Did you ever make negative remarks towards Gomez when he was in his goal drought?
I remember writing the lenght of time called 'a year' should be changed to 'Gomez goal time', a joke like that. I did wrote negative comments but there was far more worse than me and I always wrote I liked Gomez the person because he had a sympathetic face and I didn't see a lack of effrort in his play. I never harrassed a player including Alzner or Schlemko. When it doesn't work out, it's conter-productive to harrass a player, it doesn't work, that's it and move on.

We are not like Toronto and I don't want Habs fans to built a toxic environment. But you do a good job as building a toxic vibe, and others like you. There is a karma with toxic environment, see Toronto Leafs and the losing curse, well deserved.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So Steve Simmons complained that the franco reporters' questions and answers were not translated during the press conference.

Usually, the anglo reporters ask the same questions in order to get the anglo version. I guess Simmons missed the Figs-Habs series.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
This is just Bergevin being Bergevin. He’s drunk on his own ego right now. We all know damn well he’s going nowhere.

We don’t have context, intonation, non-verbal cues. He may have been joking as he’s known as a prankster.

I think it's a tongue in cheek comment. He's waiting to put his signature on a contract extension ( some said 5 years ) the guy is not going anywhere.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I've heard from multiple media people throughout the year that there were rumors that Bergevin had enough of the media and fan pressure. Would not shock me at all if he does say f**ck all you I'm out!

Reactions: dinodebino

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I've heard from multiple media people throughout the year that there were rumors that Bergevin had enough of the media and fan pressure. Would not shock me at all if he does say f**ck all you I'm out!
Fan pressure I can understand. Media I can't as they're all buffoons anyways struggling to ask any semblance of a coherent question. There's no real viable GM replacements this offseason.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Fan pressure I can understand. Media I can't as they're all buffoons anyways. There's no real viable GM replacements this offseason.
He’ll play out final year of contract and bring a replacement up to speed - because he’s a team first guy

Reactions: dinodebino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad