Marc Bergevin: Redemption Song Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Would have been fired years ago......Price has covered his ineptness as a GM.....we are now back to setting the bar so low, anything good happens, and MB is a genius. Amazing how people can be so gullable...
Price is the sole reason this clown keeps getting offered extensions....
you don't make any sens with your affirmation. If Price wasn't there at the first years of Bergevin, Habs would have get top draft selections so could have picked stars players to build around. We have no clue of what the team would be now.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I don't think you're biased, I mean, we are all Habs fans here. We all want the team to win in the end.
This question was more about the GM than the team though. If fans don't believe he can lead us to a cup, well, there's no point in keeping him around. So better not to fall for a smokescreen like beating the Leafs.
I am not sure about this part of your post;
Last week, i was talking with someone and we both agreed that the social medias have created a new type of fans.Their pleasure is to critic , to argue , and for some to destroy players, managers, members of forum. In the end, they aren't fans but stick to those who are real ones.

Right now, the Habs are going to play in the 3rd round of the playoffs. We should all be happy with that because we will see more hockey from our team and a little chance to go farther. But hey, how many members of this forum are still complaining about everything, are still bringing reasons to hate the owner, the GM, the medias, this player... they are telling us that we shouldn't be in the playoffs because of this and that, that last year it was the same, and they are yet telling us that next season, Habs won't make the playoffs.

I don't call them fans

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
you don't make any sens with your affirmation. If Price wasn't there at the first years of Bergevin, Habs would have get top draft selections so could have picked stars players to build around. We have no clue of what the team would be now.
You know what doesn't make sense........................is we have given Bergevin 9 years....that my friend is what makes no sense....
You can slice it any way you want....he is a total clown. This is a clown that has won the lottery with Price covering all his crap....

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Exactly... but right now the Habs are one of the last 4 teams standing and that's very good. He is obviously not incompetent and a lot of the things that people around here laugh at him for are actually coming in very handy in the playoffs. So is it possible he has more of a vision than he has been given credit for?
there is an article on The Athletic about how other GMs or coaches value is work and is team.They are all telling how he's a good one and that his summer was incredible. But of course, our forum GMs don't agree

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Last week, i was talking with someone and we both agreed that the social medias have created a new type of fans.Their pleasure is to critic , to argue , and for some to destroy players, managers, members of forum. In the end, they aren't fans but stick to those who are real ones.

Right now, the Habs are going to play in the 3rd round of the playoffs. We should all be happy with that because we will see more hockey from our team and a little chance to go farther. But hey, how many members of this forum are still complaining about everything, are still bringing reasons to hate the owner, the GM, the medias, this player... they are telling us that we shouldn't be in the playoffs because of this and that, that last year it was the same, and they are yet telling us that next season, Habs won't make the playoffs.

I don't call them fans
I am 58 yrs old................been a fan for the entire time..............you don't get to decide who is a real fan and who is not....most on here, don't fall for the total BS than Mol$on and Bergevin are selling.............Price has carried them both...if either of these two idiots had done their jobs, we would have ALREADY have had a Cup.....
You bet I am over the top happy we are in the 3rd round.............and as we all know a blind squirrel can sometimes find a nut............we are run by that said blind squirrel.
Don't kid yourself, our being back to the final four has a little to do with the GM, and alot to do with the goalie. My memory tells me that the past 8 years has been a complete waste of Price's prime years.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
there is an article on The Athletic about how other GMs or coaches value is work and is team.They are all telling how he's a good one and that his summer was incredible. But of course, our forum GMs don't agree
Players, and other GM's blow smoke up each others arses all the time............be serious...
A player can be asked about Eric Staal, for god's sake.........and he is going to say amazing things about such player...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think MB is a bad GM. Full stop. He's made some good moves (some that are paying off for us right now) but he's still a terrible GM in my eyes.

But... we're in the third round now. I don't see the point in slamming him right now. If/when we lose we can do a postmortem.

If we do win against Vegas though, we'll have to have a conversation about whether or not this team was underrated. The team's analytics are actually pretty good. It didn't look like it on a lot of nights but maybe the team was better than we thought. Then again... weak division. So yeah, if we do lose that will be part of the story.
True, I also don't see the need to have the fanboys come back on and say wow what a GM.....because we all know different....

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It’s very simple, Keep the focus on the playoffs, on the team.

For all we know, he’s already accepted the contract and is waiting to make the announcement after we hoist the cup

I have a feeling he will pull a Barry Trotz on us......hate to lose him but would love to win the cup :laugh::laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It’s his fault when we suck and has nothing to do with any success…..:laugh:

this place never lets me down lol

A worldwide illness saved Bergevin. Without Covid, we don't make the playoffs last year. Without Covid, nobody says if we make it this year. Without Covid, NOBODY in here loving the team can ASSURE me that we are making the playoffs next year with our old Conference. How's that a great record ESPECIALLY if we lose big time against Vegas?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I don't call them fans

Luckily, you don’t get to decide who can be a fan of the team and under what terms.

Enjoy being the fan you want to be and others can individually do the same on their own terms. This whole dictator mentality in here about how to be a fan and who can be a “real” fan and who can’t, is repugnant and reneges every freedom that we have to each decide as we wish.

I hope you enjoy your series cause I know I will, whether or not I or others fit into some artificial construct of being a “real” fan. Live and let live.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The problem of MB is not even the trades anyway. Trade wise for the most part he has done an okay job. Not the best not the worst. All GMs do bad trades it's part of the job. His problem is the vision. Even this year let's be honest we secured our playoffs spot with two OT losses and we finished 18. We had trouble beating Calgary in the standing despite Calgary under-performing and being a crap show all season long.

No matter what happens it's far form certain this team will make the playoffs next season. MB is still in love with big guys. He's still repulsed by skills. I'm still upper mad with Caufield not starting the playoffs and i think MB and his management team deserved to lose against the Laffs for that. They were lucky and Price bailed them up big time i think we did not even score 2 goals a game average against the Laffs.

The same problems are still there. He still acquired kiriktr and lidership at the deadline. And those guys started the playoffs in front of the kids and we were an inch away from being out of the playoffs with said vets. You have to question whatever those guys work because MB is better or just more lucky (or simply Price). It's the same moves he did in the past just that for now it works while in the past it failed. I still see the same MB doing okay trades while doing more than questionable management moves. I guess we will see next year but i'm not sold far from it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am 58 yrs old................been a fan for the entire time..............you don't get to decide who is a real fan and who is not....most on here, don't fall for the total BS than Mol$on and Bergevin are selling.............Price has carried them both...if either of these two idiots had done their jobs, we would have ALREADY have had a Cup.....
You bet I am over the top happy we are in the 3rd round.............and as we all know a blind squirrel can sometimes find a nut............we are run by that said blind squirrel.
Don't kid yourself, our being back to the final four has a little to do with the GM, and alot to do with the goalie. My memory tells me that the past 8 years has been a complete waste of Price's prime years.

Do you know what is the most incredible thing? You can be a fan of the team, you can enjoy their current run but it’s possible to do so and still want to hold management and/or ownership to account over the GM’s tenure!!!

Did you know that was possible? Cause coming in here, I thought it was prohibited. :help:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I don't call them fans

When these playoffs are all done, we will be stuck with Bergevin for another 5 years, and that will be painful. It all worked out for him so far, but the franchise still has a lot of holes to fill. Enjoy the success while it lasts I guess.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A worldwide illness saved Bergevin. Without Covid, we don't make the playoffs last year. Without Covid, nobody says if we make it this year. Without Covid, NOBODY in here loving the team can ASSURE me that we are making the playoffs next year with our old Conference. How's that a great record ESPECIALLY if we lose big time against Vegas?
- I don't think the Habs roster was built to make the playoffs last year, they did get in because of the pandemic and left Habs fans with a good feeling from having been competitive for 2 series.

- I'm comfortable saying we're a playoff team this year. If not for COVID, the Habs don't have to play an insane schedule. If it's true one way, why can't it be the other?

- no one in this division except for the Bolts can say for sure whether or not they'll be a playoff team next year in this division.

Reactions: aresknights

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Do you know what is the most incredible thing? You can be a fan of the team, you can enjoy their current run but it’s possible to do so and still want to hold management and/or ownership to account over the GM’s tenure!!!

Did you know that was possible? Cause coming in here, I thought it was prohibited. :help:

Believe me i enjoy the run but i did not enjoy the season for the most part and i'm still mad at Caufield and Romanov not being in the lineup at the beginning of the playoffs. It was so frustrating to see this team lose in OT over and over. I get the point of people saying those OT losses are meaningless in playoffs but our regulation record was not good either. And at the end of the day you got to win those OT to make the playoffs unless your division is week. It was a very frustrating team to watch until Caufield joined the team.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
How miserable does one have to be in order to be telling others that there is only one way to enjoy to enjoy their entertainment?

Sometimes it gets me riled up, then I scroll down some more and see some clown piece about Majestic Geoff and Maestro Bergevin which helps me remember to stop taking things so seriously. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad