Marc Bergevin: Offseason Fork in the Road Edition

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
we call that " taking a distance " . Exemple ;

you ( overall haters ) ; Last season we didn't make the playoffs , so we are a bad team .

us ; Last season we had one of the best teams at 5/5 , we got 96 pts , something enough to be in the playoffs year after years . Weber started to play in december , PP was **** , our back up goaltender was **** , but we still manage to get those points .

You ; Bergevin did nothing to help the team this summer .

Us ; Bergevin signs a better back up ( see above ), tries to get Aho , tries to sign Duchesne . Gets a more physical and bigger dman to clean the front of the net . Summer isn't ended yet , he could make trade/signing in september as he did last season . Mete is turning in a good dman in his own zone . He isn't an offensive success player yet but is working on his shut this summer . Now he's one more season , as it is for Kotkaniemi .

They are all small things , i know , but you just add them to a team that put 96 pts last year , so 3 x more wins next season and we are up to 100 pts .

No wonder you think people are haters when you fail to understand what they're critical of. Lol.

If your summary of the criticism people have is ''we missed the playoffs last year therefore we are bad''...you haven't followed or understood jack crap. Maybe it's because english isn't your first language.
You either just don't get people here or you're just being dishonest.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
No wonder you think people are haters when you fail to understand what they're critical of. Lol.

If your summary of the criticism people have is ''we missed the playoffs last year therefore we are bad''...you haven't followed or understood jack crap. Maybe it's because english isn't your first language.
You either just don't get people here or you're just being dishonest.
of course english isn't my language and it's really hard to me to find the way to explain what i see . But if my english would be better , you also would consider a lot more my point of view . :neener:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:laugh: we are still in July , summer is still there . Relax

By the way ,

8th draft; Done and it seems that it's very well done
8th summer to sign UFAs ; Done ; 3 x signings
8th summer to offersheet RFAs; Done . One of the top RFA available signs with us, but ...
8th summer to re-sign his own RFAs ; Already done
8th summer to make off season trades ; Done with Shaw traded

Great summer for our GM yet :5:

When almost signing somebody is put in the great category....geez are the expectations low. And we resigned our RFA's....RFA's part of a team that didn't make the playoffs. Yeah! And we signed UFA,s! Only quantity is important, we signed 3 hence great summer! The only thing in your post that was right on...we are still in July. Rest is absolutely no proof that the GM had a great summer.

Reactions: Pickles and ArtPeur

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
:laugh: we are still in July , summer is still there . Relax

By the way ,

8th draft; Done and it seems that it's very well done
8th summer to sign UFAs ; Done ; 3 x signings
8th summer to offersheet RFAs; Done . One of the top RFA available signs with us, but ...
8th summer to re-sign his own RFAs ; Already done
8th summer to make off season trades ; Done with Shaw traded

Great summer for our GM yet :5:
yup, the UFA he signed are amazing players, ready to play as top 6 F or top 4 D, solid trade that will make the Habs a MUCH better team for the 19/20 season, and what else than WOW can we say at the acquisition of Aho! who would have thought the guy would be wearing the Bleu-blanc-rouge! and it's only surpassed by the quality of own RFA your favorite Hab was able to re-sign!

I agree with ya, amazing summer for Bergevin, he made the team sooo much better, a 2nd round exit would be a HUGE disappointment.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
yup, the UFA he signed are amazing players, ready to play as top 6 F or top 4 D, solid trade that will make the Habs a MUCH better team for the 19/20 season, and what else than WOW can we say at the acquisition of Aho! who would have thought the guy would be wearing the Bleu-blanc-rouge! and it's only surpassed by the quality of own RFA your favorite Hab was able to re-sign!

I agree with ya, amazing summer for Bergevin, he made the team sooo much better, a 2nd round exit would be a HUGE disappointment.
those dramatic reactions ... W e D o n ' t n e e d t o b e m u c h b e t t e r .

We got 96 points , not 69 . Of course we can hope/expect other additions , but we are not that fare to be a 100-105 points team + we now a very good prospects poll

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
those dramatic reactions ... W e D o n ' t n e e d t o b e m u c h b e t t e r .

We got 96 points , not 69 . Of course we can hope/expect other additions , but we are not that fare to be a 100-105 points team + we now a very good prospects poll
we're not that far from a 85 pts season either...

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
When almost signing somebody is put in the great category....geez are the expectations low. And we resigned our RFA's....RFA's part of a team that didn't make the playoffs. Yeah! And we signed UFA,s! Only quantity is important, we signed 3 hence great summer! The only thing in your post that was right on...we are still in July. Rest is absolutely no proof that the GM had a great summer.
the word " great " was ironic from me , in opposition to the ones used by other fans :laugh:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
we're not that far from a 85 pts season either...
Of course . I do believe that we are in a better position by now that we were last season . I gave few reasons for that sooner . But it's only my personal opinion . If you want you can say that we could get 0 points at the end of the season if we loose all the games :sarcasm:

Grandpa

Jul 27, 2019

Eastern conference is mostly like its counterpart in NBA. Only 8 or 9 teams even give 100%. Our very best effort wasn't good enough in a conference loaded with sorry ass bottom-dwelling tank commanders. Those 96 points weren't so impressive, when you beat shit out of teams like Detroit. When level of competition rises we will sank lower. It's unbelievable how users overrate non-playoff team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Do you really think that's how it works? We got 96 points hence we only have to add 2 more points and we are in? The number of points in the regular season is a testament to how good or bad a conference is in that specific year. When is the last time a team had 128 points to win the Conference? Was it because how strong TBay was?

Look at the standings last year, 5 of the last 6 teams were from the Eastern Conference. So us having 96 points and not making it is not a testament of how great we were. It's a testament that we weren't unable to benefit from a terrible Eastern Conference.

Will it ever be like that again? Sucks that we have to build our hope on this rather than the greatness of our team.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
of course english isn't my language and it's really hard to me to find the way to explain what i see . But if my english would be better , you also would consider a lot more my point of view . :neener:
Your point of view is easy to understand.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Eastern conference is mostly like its counterpart in NBA. Only 8 or 9 teams even give 100%. Our very best effort wasn't good enough in a conference loaded with sorry ass bottom-dwelling tank commanders. Those 96 points weren't so impressive, when you beat **** out of teams like Detroit. When level of competition rises we will sank lower. It's unbelievable how users overrate non-playoff team.
really , you should look at the standing of the end of season , because 4 teams out of the 5 top teams are from the East .

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Closer to this than anything else at this point. One injury to Price away for starters. Kinkaid or no Kinkaid.

Plan has been for a while.... and continues to be ....
"Pricer stopa da puck"

He goes down... we are fighting in the basement with Ottawa!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Another day where Bergevin sits and does nothing.

Has a bunch of picks we can use to draft safe prospects that still bust.

Cap space that isn't used.

Piss poor attempts.

Tried a passive move and got smacked down and ran away like a coward.

Point turned the habs down. Even RFAs don't want to come here.

WhAt AbOuT aHo. He WaNtEd To CoMe HeRe.

He wanted money and term and likely knew Carolina would match it, just wanted to speed up the process and it worked.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If you go on Cap Friendly and look at the pro habs roster , without putting anyone in the AHL

We spent 19.333.333$ with 10 players on bottom 6 ( Byron , Danault , Armia , Lekhonen , Weise , Weal , Peca , Thompson , Cousins and Hudon )
We spent 18.125,000$ with 5 players on top 6 Material ( Domi , Gallagher , Drouin , Kotkaniemi and Tatar )

We spent 13,357,143$ with 2 players on top 4 d-mans ( Petry and Weber )
We spent 13,023,333$ with 6 players who are 3rd pair dmans ( Kulak , Reilly , Mete* , Chiarot , Alzner and Folin)

We spent 32,356,666$ on 16 players who are depth
We spent 31,482,143$ on 7 players who are top 6 and top 4 d-mans

* (Still unknown)
We still need atleast 2 top 6 players and 2 top 4 d-mans

How is Bergevin even building this team?

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If you go on Cap Friendly and look at the pro habs roster , without putting anyone in the AHL

We spent 19.333.333$ with 10 players on bottom 6 ( Byron , Danault , Armia , Lekhonen , Weise , Weal , Peca , Thompson , Cousins and Hudon )
We spent 18.125,000$ with 5 players on top 6 Material ( Domi , Gallagher , Drouin , Kotkaniemi and Tatar )

We spent 13,023,333$ with 6 players who are 3rd pair dmans ( Kulak , Reilly , Mete* , Chiarot , Alzner and Folin)

* (Still unknown)

8 years and counting...........still no REAL dierection on what he does..........and doesn't do....ya can't make this stuff up.
Brutal...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

* (Still unknown)

Ownership asleep at the switch.

Nothing matters all that much, revenue stream is unaffected so everything is carried over another year.

Fan-tas-tic.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
circle of whine here. MB needs to acquire a legit top 4 LD and the team is looking pretty solid. A lot of games were lost in first half because of the weak D situation.

Reactions: DangerDave

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not defending him as he has made several questionable moves over the years. But he guesses WRONG as often as most of the other 31 gm's. Has to have short leash at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad