News Article: Marc Bergevin officially out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Nah, it's a fact.

So you're suggesting we should draft Q league players in early rounds...just...to...satisfy...French-Canadian...fans...and...media.

Yeeeeahhh.....speaking of hypocrisy.

Do you not see the hypocrisy of knocking the organization for drafting Q league players in late rounds just to appease the fans and media.

While simulteneously championing them to draft players early just to satisfy your need to see Quebec born players on the Habs????

Look, I think it would be great if the Habs were able to draft the next young superstars coming out of the Q, but there needs to be these players available when they pick for that to happen.

Should they have drafted Maxime Comtois instead of Ryan Poehling in 2017?

Yeah probably

But maybe they should have also drafted Jason Robertson over both.
Nah, it's a fact.

So you're suggesting we should draft Q league players in early rounds...just...to...satisfy...French-Canadian...fans...and...media.

Yeeeeahhh.....speaking of hypocrisy.

Do you not see the hypocrisy of knocking the organization for drafting Q league players in late rounds just to appease the fans and media.

While simulteneously championing them to draft players early just to satisfy your need to see Quebec born players on the Habs????

Look, I think it would be great if the Habs were able to draft the next young superstars coming out of the Q, but there needs to be these players available when they pick for that to happen.

Should they have drafted Maxime Comtois instead of Ryan Poehling in 2017?

Yeah probably

But maybe they should have also drafted Jason Robertson over both.

Poehling has proven nothing!!!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He had 41pts in 56 games lol

Figure out how much that comes out to over 82 games.

Math not my strength, but pretty sure he manages to put up 9 more points in 26 more games.

Wishful thinking? Every freaking contract ever signed is wishhul thinking lol
He put up those numbers with better support down the middle and without having the added pressure of being the go-to center.
He was just playing his game and got more time based off his performances.
This year is different. He comes in knowing he is a big piece in creating offense and leading the way up front. He also has opponents paying closer attention to him.
So he needs to prove he can adapt and handle the increased role.

This isn't freshman Suzuki.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He put up those numbers with better support down the middle and without having the added pressure of being the go-to center.
He was just playing his game and got more time based off his performances.
This year is different. He comes in knowing he is a big piece in creating offense and leading the way up front. He also has opponents paying closer attention to him.
So he needs to prove he can adapt and handle the increased role.

This isn't freshman Suzuki.
Agreed but that’s not what I’m discussing.

I was discussing the contract he signed and that poster suggested he would have been more comfortable with his deal if he got 50pts last year.

Also last year wasn’t freshmen Suzuki either.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
This last NHL draft, we should have moved up and drafted Zachary L'Heureux who played for Halifax in the Q... instead we drafted a problem child like Logan Mailloux....a marketing disaster!!

Reactions: Kimota and amethyst

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Agreed but that’s not what I’m discussing.

I was discussing the contract he signed and that poster suggested he would have been more comfortable with his deal if he got 50pts last year.

Also last year wasn’t freshmen Suzuki either.
Still a bit of a gamble but regardless, Suzuki should give you good hockey. I don't like the length, don't mind the cap so much, but that's me on pretty much every 8 year deal. Don't like these long deals.

Reactions: 417

Jul 6, 2016
This last NHL draft, we should have moved up and drafted Zachary L'Heureux who played for Halifax in the Q... instead we drafted a problem child like Logan Mailloux....a marketing disaster!!

OR... He could had traded that #1 pick to Arizona and get Dvorak then.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Still a bit of a gamble but regardless, Suzuki should give you good hockey. I don't like the length, don't mind the cap so much, but that's me on pretty much every 8 year deal. Don't like these long deals.
Yeah every single deal is a gamble…some more than others.

But in this case, both the team and the player wanted the same thing.

That’s a good thing.

The money will work itself out, like it always does.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Another example, in 2015, we drafted Noah Julsen instead of Anthony Beauvillers... Julsen is finished in the NHL and Beauvillers has been playing for five years already.
Beauvillers provides speed grit and is a decent scorer as well.

Reactions: Kimota

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They drafted Roy in the 5th instead…last I checked he’s leading the Q in scoring.

You be aight man

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Another example, in 2015, we drafted Noah Julsen instead of Anthony Beauvillers... Julsen is finished in the NHL and Beauvillers has been playing for five years already.
Beauvillier is a better player for several reasons…none of which have to do with the language he speaks or the league he played junior hockey in.

But yes agreed…in retrospect, this is easy to say.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Mailloux might be very special when he will be NHL ready, or......

1909... possibly...but, that's a big if...he might be emotionally damaged after going through the media meat grinder...I am not sure he will recover from the media trashing...and it won't be over...it follow him around...even when he returns to play with the London Knights.
Good luck to him...I believe people can change for the good!!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I trust Patrick Roy will be able to draft a lot better than what we were able to achieve in recent past.
As well, I wouldn't be against hiring Pierre McGuire as our next GM... knowledgeable and he is bilingual.
Man...................you are funny!!
Love your sense of humour....
Saint Patrick, maybe..................Mcguire, is a lol for me...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Right... should also drop the need to speak English... perfect!!!
Just hire a translator to accompany our next GM!!

Why not ?

We could have drafted a nobody French prospect instead of PK.

Remember that? It goes both ways, but when you're focused on one narrative you can't see how completely pointless your point is.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agreed... they get out- manoeuvered by other teams, especially in their own backyard... totally unacceptable.
Own backyard lol

this isn’t the rollin’ 60s anymore man.

Every team has scouts in every region of North America and Europe.

A teams backyard can be Siberia if they want

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Our problem...is 80% of our fan base is totally cynical... whiny...a bunch of cry-babies!!
Maybe we could trade these cry-babies away to Arizona for draft picks...lol

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Own backyard lol

this isn’t the rollin’ 60s anymore man.

Every team has scouts in every region of North America and Europe.

A teams backyard can be Siberia if they want

Buddy...we need to do a much better job scouting in our backyard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad