Marc Bergevin - More Excuses Needed... Edition Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
bubble teams do that once in a while.

you have VERY low standards though, low enough one has to wonder how much of a fan you are.

Happy with the GM cause they may make the PO for the 2nd time in the last 5 years... :laugh::laugh:

Questionning fans level now........i'm pretty sure i saw you crapping on people who where doing the same thing.......naaa couldnt be you, you're Monsieur intégrité around here

:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: jaffy27

Tiger Svoboda

Jul 28, 2004
I also think we go up from here. The reset was a success in my view. Let’s take the next step. We need a star player plus the rookies.

A lot of people here are eternal complainers/haters. It’s becoming rds message board alike.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Just heard on RDS that Oilers got permission to speak to Scott Mellanby. Not sure what impact he’s had here but good riddance. We need a clean up anyways.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just heard on RDS that Oilers got permission to speak to Scott Mellanby. Not sure what impact he’s had here but good riddance. We need a clean up anyways.
Maybe we can let them talk to MB also..........they could use his expertise. Why take Mellanby when you can have the absolute best the Habs have to offer.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I've listened to enough of Damp House's takes on AC to know that he'd be a Reggie Houle if afforded a position of high responsibility like that of a GM.

Plus, if he's such a good candidate, why doesn't he do his classes like everyone else and go manage an AHL team rather than pontificate from a blue seat on AC.
Couldn’t agree more.......Darche would do a better job then he would......Damphousse is part of the “He Annoys me” club

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ya, he sure showed us with his 1st round exit :sarcasm:

Ya, he got taken out by a team that sacrificed most of its futures for the current run.

Can't wait to see what Columbus looks like this summer once all their UFAs sign elsewhere.

Mind you, it will have been worth it should they win the Cup. But, what a gamble.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You're dreaming buddy, sign a fringe NHLer and/or reclamation project is more like it...

Some people in here are drooling 'cause he might actually have won 1 summer (while still not making the playoffs), well Bergie needs to win another one. Going fringe won't cut it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ya, he got taken out by a team that sacrificed most of its futures for the current run.

Can't wait to see what Columbus looks like this summer once all their UFAs sign elsewhere.

Mind you, it will have been worth it should they win the Cup. But, what a gamble.

That was Russian roulette with six hollow points in a six shooter!!!.....the bullet misfired.......faulty primer lol

Like Christopher Walker once told us, a bullet always tells the truth, I’m expecting big things from them even though I called Boston to win

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
She's the kind of person that you'd only wish MB would be directly answerable to.
Nobody beat this guy though.....
MV5BODgxNTk3OTA0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA0MzM1MjI@._V1_.jpg

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Talk about missing the point..
...of course , i don't buy your point of view so i missed the point . It such an easy game to discredit Bergevin , to blame him for everything and to repeat day after day that he should be fired . But what are the other options ? Of course , there should be better candidates somewhere in the world , but i hope you realize there are also a lot of worst options . Do you realize that you will be able to known if the one selected is better than Bergevin only after 3-4 years of his tenure ?

Who are the GMs that are way better than Bergevin in the NHL ? You should be able to name few of them, no ?

Anyway , i think i am done with this thread

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
...of course , i don't buy your point of view so i missed the point . It such an easy game to discredit Bergevin , to blame him for everything and to repeat day after day that he should be fired . But what are the other options ? Of course , there should be better candidates somewhere in the world , but i hope you realize there are also a lot of worst options . Do you realize that you will be able to known if the one selected is better than Bergevin only after 3-4 years of his tenure ?

Who are the GMs that are way better than Bergevin in the NHL ? You should be able to name few of them, no ?

It is of course true that Bergevin is not entirely responsible for the team's failings.

Some of the blame lies with Molson.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Yes it is easy. Hes failed to reach his objective of just “making the Pos” 3 of the last 4 years.
Gainey, who most agreed should go, never reached that low.

Who is better? I dont know. I dont follow all the other teams to the extent of knowing their every move. But do I think some out there can do better than miss the Po 3/4 years? Hell ya.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Yeah, holding the person in charge responsible for what he's in charge of... What a crazy and outlandish idea!?!

It doesn't take 3-4 years to evaluate decision making & job competency, come on now...
Plus, in the highly unlikely chance that we actually found a worse candidate for the role than MB, the magnitude of incompetence that would entail would be visible in the first few moves.

Reactions: Chr1s97

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Yes it is easy. Hes failed to reach his objective of just “making the Pos” 3 of the last 4 years.
Gainey, who most agreed should go, never reached that low.

Who is better? I dont know. I dont follow all the other teams to the extent of knowing their every move. But do I think some out there can do better than miss the Po 3/4 years? Hell ya.

How about you name 5 gms that are worse than the binman.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

At one point, he said that it was on HIM. Then, when he saw that everything was going south for a longer period of time that he thought, it was on OTHER people. But for once, he was right at first. It was on HIM. He's the decision maker. If guys under him are bad, sure it's on them...but it's on HIM to replace them.

As far as who is better, who is worst, it's such a non-issue. Who cares if we can name 3, 4, 6, what's the point anyway? What if we could find an assistant GM that will come in and be a great GM? And also, are we really going to keep somebody that we find might not a good job because of the possibility that we might be wrong again? Sure, I have absolutely NO confidence in Molson at all. But if things continue to go south, yes, I will take the bet that Molson finally find a good one.

Reactions: Miller Time

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
But right now, it's all good. Bergie will have another year. And another summer to have another great summer. Unless it's 1 good summer every 8 years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad