Marc Bergevin - More Excuses Needed... Edition Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is it a hockey forum or what ? Who i am to demand names in a forum where we are to discuss about hockey ? :laugh:
in a thread about Bergevin , to someone who told that he isn't the guy to do the job , who i am to ask him who would be his guy to be the GM ? Sorry that i offend you with this inappropriate and disgusting question :laugh:
Talk about missing the point..

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I doubt it, they won't replace him till the next french hope comes along. When you are picking from 5% of the available crop, pickings are lean.

I’m seeing a lot of hate for MB here, which is probably justified. Not to defend Bergevin here, but who would you hire if if were fired? Doesn’t even need to be French. I don’t think anyone is available and qualified enough for the job.

Remember, there’s 30 (31 soon) idiots every year and only one « competent » GM.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I like MB as GM, i think he did a good job so far and i'm not a Montreal Canadiens employee

Habs will be a 100 pts team next year and will make the playoffs, you heard it here first

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I’m seeing a lot of hate for MB here, which is probably justified. Not to defend Bergevin here, but who would you hire if if were fired? Doesn’t even need to be French. I don’t think anyone is available and qualified enough for the job.

A stanley cup win is not by default the measurement of managerial competence, it is an outcome (and in this case, the most desired outcome), but like any result, subject to factors both in and out of control by any given manager...

I think any of us who want to see the franchise run like one of the top sport franchises in the world would settle, at this point, for a mediocre GM, let alone a decent one. After 7+ years of MB's incompetence, there is little risk of ending up with a worse GM... any step in a more competent direction would be welcomed at this point (much as last season's hockey ops shake-up brought a fair share of positive reaction... just a shame that Molson didn't make a clean sweep of it).

Reactions: Sorinth

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not quite since Radu+Sergachev have nothing to do with Drouin and i'll never understand why anyone links them together. As i've said several times, I was fine with losing Radulov...as long as MB had found a way to even adequately replace him, instead he signed Ales Hemsky.

Massive fail.
Just like Duchene has nothing to do with Drouin.
The point then was Drouin wasn't better than Radu. Just like you're saying now how Duchene ain't all that better than Drouin.
I'd say the difference between Radu and Drouin is even bigger than Drouin - Duchene.
We did not need to replace Radu, we needed to add, and losing Serg in the process of just ''replacing'' him was so dumb.
Anyways, no need to really get into that.
I'd love to add Duchene to the mix of forwards we already have...then that's an upgrade or if like you said, you then swap Drouin out for a top 4 LHD, then you're upgrading.

However, if you're just adding Duchene and "dumping" Drouin...I fail to see how this team has gotten better.

Yup..that would make no sense.

Reactions: Pickles and 417

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Those that claim that Bergevin is doing a good job must be Habs employees, I refuse to believe otherwise.
To me they are just fans of the participation mentality. So long as you try man...you did good.
Or the...''there is no stupid question'' mindset....

Reactions: bsl

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
After the 300th try if you still don't succeed, keep trying, you are going to do something right eventually.
Danault
Petry
Domi
Suzuki
KK
Tatar
Byron pick up
Pacioretty 6yr deal
Gallagher 6yr deal
Price 6yr deal

These were all clear wins for the organization.....maybe you were just away when all these things happened

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Just curious, how do you expect random internet posters to know what executives are available to come in as a GM? Most people are probably couldn't even name you all the GMs in the NHL, let alone the assistant GMs or VPs that might be interested in taking over Bergevin's spot. We have Timmins as an asst-GM but can you even tell me he would legit be interested to be the GM? We dont actually know.

So the question is more “do you think Bergevin is the best option to run this team”. I have no idea how anybody can believe this mediocre-at-best GM who's lead us to 3 early summers in 4 years is the absolute best man for the job. I seriously doubt in an Elite league such as the NHL when execs earn multiple millions of dollars yearly, that failing Marc Bergevin is the best candidate. How could he possibly be?

And no there isnt 30 idiot GMs every year. Not every team has the objective of winning the cup every year. Winning the cup is not even the standard for being a strong GM, most people understand raising the Stanley Cup requires a whole lot of luck. You need a lot to go your way for that to happen. That's not the measuring stick. What people want is a clear minded GM capable of putting forth smart plans and structure, not scared of committing to a direction and sticking to it.

A bonus would be if that GM can actually properly articulate his thoughts and construct sentences in at least one language.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Danault
Petry
Domi
Suzuki
KK
Tatar
Byron pick up
Pacioretty 6yr deal
Gallagher 6yr deal
Price 6yr deal

These were all clear wins for the organization.....maybe you were just away when all these things happened
Like I said for every 10 bad moves you make, you will make 1 good one eventually.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I was against the Weise acquisition. But after watching Drouin slack off and avoid being hit EVEN MORE for the last 30 games of the season when it mattered the most, makes me think that Dale Weise would have done a better job, and that’s pathetic in itself. I can’t phantom why anyone who watched Drouin play all season would defend this guy.
He's not on trial...no one is defending him.

What's really hard to fathom, IMO, is anyone suggesting Dale Weise would have brought the Habs into the playoffs.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He's not on trial...no one is defending him.

What's really hard to fathom, IMO, is anyone suggesting Dale Weise would have brought the Habs into the playoffs.

The mood here was overwhelmingly positive when Weise was brought back.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Danault
Petry
Domi
Suzuki
KK
Tatar
Byron pick up
Pacioretty 6yr deal
Gallagher 6yr deal
Price 6yr deal

lmao

- the disastrous season that led to drafting Kotka, was a job well done by MB
- the contract Price had BEFORE getting one of the worsts in the league
- enough second liners to stay a bubble team forever
- MB gets credit for signing restricted free agents to contracts !

Truly a genius among his peers.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The mood here was overwhelmingly positive when Weise was brought back.
So much so that you or others thought his acquisition was going to vault us into the playoffs?

Weise was a popular player his first go around, and no one loves nostalgia as much as Habs fans do...so I get the mood was overwhelmingly positive, I didn't care either way, I saw it as a minor league move and nothing.

I didn't think he had much left and nothing I saw changed that for me.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
These are not the same times as 10 years ago, people are not the same, the media is not the same, everyone is distracted, it's all about the experience now. Go team, go bergie, get em next year blah blah. If you are critical you are a crazy man, go with the flow, send positive vibes to the team and make the players feel wanted, give them love. :laugh:
Just a few posts above you got someone claiming that Dale Weise would have catapulted the Habs into the playoffs had he played instead of Jonathan Drouin.

There's nothing wrong with being critical...the problem is it's rare to find someone who is critical.

Almost every discussion dives into hyperbole and grand standing.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Hard to comprehend that a Habs GM still has a job after missing the playoffs 3 out of 4 years.

Which is why this year will be a balls to the wall effort to snag 8th place. The need for this will outrank any thought of building for the future. It’s go time.

Reactions: bsl

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Is it a hockey forum or what ? Who i am to demand names in a forum where we are to discuss about hockey ? :laugh:
in a thread about Bergevin , to someone who told that he isn't the guy to do the job , who i am to ask him who would be his guy to be the GM ? Sorry that i offend you with this inappropriate and disgusting question :laugh:

Why do you require such specificity?

Yes or no question: is it your position that there is not one suitable candidate in the entire world who would be an upgrade on Bergevin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad