Marc Bergevin - More Excuses Needed... Edition Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
You're dreaming buddy, sign a fringe NHLer and/or reclamation project is more like it...

unfortunately Ive learned to have no expectations for the last 7 years its completely useless and damaging as a fan.

so I just hope he gets lucky or for him to be fired.. which are both unlikely in a near future.. gotta love Molson...:rolleyes:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The players did the best that they could.

We can't blame Danault for not scoring 40 goals, that is not who he is.
I can put plenty of blame on Niemi though, and Drouin, and Lehkonen could’ve done a little better, and of course whoever is running that god damn PP needs a good ol private Pyle beat down

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Most of it on Bergevin who has authority over personnel, player moves and the implementation or lack of a viable plan.
There’s no doubt, at the end of the day, full responsibility lies with the captain, I know this all too well.

And as a captain, you learn to trust people, delegate and trust them to do the job, but when they let you down time and time again, action must be actioned.

96pts was good, but not good enough, you identify the weak links and strengthen them, tough decisions come with the job, friends or not, changes must be made and feelings will be hurt, that is the job of the GM, too build a winning team , that above all

Reactions: Runner77

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I can put plenty of blame on Niemi though, and Drouin, and Lehkonen could’ve done a little better, and of course whoever is running that god damn PP needs a good ol private Pyle beat down

Lehkonen could have done better, but that is one guy on the team who could have done better.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Most of it on Bergevin who has authority over personnel, player moves and the implementation or lack of a viable plan.

You are right, in the end it's on him cuz he's the one in charge, should be the same when things goes well tho

Habs finish 4th, 9th, 2nd and 7th overall in 4 of those 7 years.....that should be on him too, but what we read from most here is either ''he won beceause of Price'' or ''he inherited a great core thats why''

So much for integrity

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Lehkonen could have done better, but that is one guy on the team who could have done better.
DLO went from 10 goals to what....3

Drouin could’ve done better

Niemi sucked ass

Byron played injured and fell short

Mete needs to score goals

Was hoping for more out of Armia

The rest I was pretty satisfied with

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You are right, in the end it's on him cuz he's the one in charge, should be the same when things goes well tho

Habs finish 4th, 9th, 2nd and 7th overall in 4 of those 7 years.....that should be on him too, but what we read from most here is either ''he won beceause of Price'' or ''he inherited a great core thats why''

So much for integrity
The only time it’s his team is when they fall flat....

Watch, when they start winning it’ll be well it took him 100 tries, he was bound to get it right at some point. Broken clock is right twice a day.....the excuses will be abundant.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

So much for integrity

He did inherit a strong core.

With that core, the team won 3 playoff series in 3 seasons, despite winning their division 2 of those years.

The roster turnover he led through that span led us to missing 3 of last 4 playoffs & 0 PO series wins in that span.

The only questionable integrity I see is from posters who ignore blatant facts & then start finger-pointing at those who expose their biases for what they are.

Reactions: Runner77 and CH25

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
There could be some fireworks in the 3rd period here. Blues are getting their cheapshots in.... Benches are active.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Watch, when they start winning it’ll be well it took him 100 tries, he was bound to get it right at some point. Broken clock is right twice a day.....the excuses will be abundant.

Excuses?

You mean like the bevy of excuses you keep throwing out there while ignoring that under this GM, the team has missed 3 of 4 PO's... Has challenged franchise worst single-season results... Has won 3 PO series in 7 seasons ....

It's so disingenuous of you to make this kind of silly post...

If the team had sucked for the first 2-3 years of his tenure, then, with the moves he made & stellar coaching/development from his appointed staff, the roster blossomed into a division winning force, he'd be celebrated right now & we'd all be merrily riding the playoff bandwagon.

Fact is, the roster he took over did succeed, and was a division-winning force led by players he did not acquire.
His major impact has been to steadily downgrade that core to the lottery picking non-PO roster we've seen the past few seasons.

No fan created these timelines. Ignoring them and how they directly caused the, very justified, criticism for his ineptitude, is intellectually dishonest.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Questionning fans level now........i'm pretty sure i saw you crapping on people who where doing the same thing.......naaa couldnt be you, you're Monsieur intégrité around here

:laugh::laugh:
well, you're happy with the team missing the PO 3 of the last 4 seasons...

hard to believe fans of the team (not the GM) could be happy with that...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Really? Drouin played exactly as is expected from him. If you expect more, that's on you. Hes an inconsistent top 6 player and we knew that already. Niemi is an old back up, he played like one.
Not sure what more you want from Lek...he ain't a special player.

The PP, I think it's mostly dumb luck, but sure, coaching staff get some blame too.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Sure you can, except, Niemi was done before joining the Habs, he's been decent for a while as a Hab, that's a bonus... blaming the guy who's been bad for a long while for being who he is, yet refusing to blame the guy who acquired a goalie who sucked...

Reactions: LaP

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

So much for integrity
He also is responsible for wasting that promising group in those early years on Michel Therrien.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

So much for integrity
Sure..let's just look at the standings to analyze how hes contributed over the years...
I dont get why it's difficult for some to admit most of the early success we reached was thanks to players he inherited. I dont get it. That's a fact..it ain't up for debate man.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

And redundant

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
He did inherit a strong core.

With that core, the team won 3 playoff series in 3 seasons, despite winning their division 2 of those years.

The roster turnover he led through that span led us to missing 3 of last 4 playoffs & 0 PO series wins in that span.

The only questionable integrity I see is from posters who ignore blatant facts & then start finger-pointing at those who expose their biases for what they are.

You're so funny man, you cant even see how big you are proving my point there

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Sure..let's just look at the standings to analyze how hes contributed over the years...

Is that not what you do when you keep hammering that he didnt made the playoff for 3 of the last 4 years.......ce qui est bon pour maman est bon pour papa aussi

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
well, you're happy with the team missing the PO 3 of the last 4 seasons...

hard to believe fans of the team (not the GM) could be happy with that...

I like you EC but you should stop right there, you're making a fool of yourself

I could go and try to explain to you how i can be as much as a fan than you and still be happy with the work of MB since he's here but all you would do is come back with funny one liner and no substance......i prefer to answer you the same way you usually answer posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia