Rumor: Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't mind seeing him grab Asham off of waivers at this point.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Girardi would be a good target if the Rangers keep on losing in the next few games... But they might want to hold on to him until the trade deadline to pump up his value, and at that point Emelin and Murray should be back...

To the one person suggesting trading Pacioretty or Gorges + Beaulieu/2nd for Girardi though...:loony:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
At this point, the only roster forwards I'd move are DD and Briere. I don't see MB moving Briere, and I dont see any teams taking DD. :(

SimLionSmithySmith

Oct 14, 2013
Could Desharnais end up in Dallas? He really has a hard time to produce this year... not only that, we have enough centers for a couple of years (Galchy, Eller, Plekanec, Brière, Prust, White, Bournival, Dumont, etc.).

In Dallas, the only center that produces is Tyler Seguin. Could Erik Cole need his buddy from Montreal and vice-versa?

Maybe Montreal would take Trevor Daley, Goligoski or Ryan Whitney in exchange. Now, I don't exactly know what the conditions of this trade would be, but could that be a good base? Montreal could add actually!

Thank you!

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
I think a #2 D to play with Subban would jump us up a few notches. It's a glaring hole right now, one of the few glaring holes on this team. He needs to be a physical, safe, steady player who can play on the penalty kill. Someone like Hamhuis (I know he's struggling right now though). Maybe Coburn, Edler types. Just throwing names out.

LD - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz

Bouillon/Tinordi/Beaulieu

is pretty good. Good enough possibly to do well in the playoffs.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Friedman mentioned in his 30 thoughts today that Bergevin was shopping for a d-man but elected to give Tinordi and Beaulieu more ice-time instead

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I could definitely see Despres being moved, looks like Bortuzzo has passed him on their depth chart plus Pit have so many young dmen.

If the Habs do make a move and give up any assets, hopefully it will be for a player on the rise, draft picks for fill in guys like Sopel, Mara etc. are wastes of assets, imo.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I could definitely see Despres being moved, looks like Bortuzzo has passed him on their depth chart plus Pit have so many young dmen.

If the Habs do make a move and give up any assets, hopefully it will be for a player on the rise, draft picks for fill in guys like Sopel, Mara etc. are wastes of assets, imo.

If Després comes Leblanc goes in that deal.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Even when Emelin will be back , we need another top 4. MB should target a big strong muscular guy. We have enough kids , we need man now. Someone who can look at our small and more fragile players and tell them everything gonna be alright. When your season is in shambles , the pression can be very ruff and nothing boost your confidence more than a manly hug from a confident big guy.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Despres would be a fun acquisition. I remember how I got laughed at last year when I proposed a trade centered around Jason demers and David Desharnais.

Yeah... anybody not doing that trade now?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Doesn't say much, but maybe the changes could happen sooner than we think.

Link in french (7:26 to 8:39) http://www.985sports.ca/audioplayer.php?mp3=194663

Speculation about what the Habs might be doing begins at approx. 06:17 of the tape.

McGuire talks about the 4 scouts the Habs brought with them to Edmonton and Calgary as well as all of the Habs' front office hockey personnel. He's speculating that the Habs are trying to project how to slot Tinordi, Beaulieu and Bournival throughout the year, in what he terms as a transition year.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
ESPN radio said Marc Staal is available. Then again ESPN is American what do they know about hockey.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
If Després comes Leblanc goes in that deal.

I could see Leblanc being moved, he has fallen down the depth chart. Pens will probably want draft pick(s) if they make a move. Could depend whether they keep Maata past 9 games.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Speculation about what the Habs might be doing begins at approx. 06:17 of the tape.

McGuire talks about the 4 scouts the Habs brought with them to Edmonton and Calgary as well as all of the Habs' front office hockey personnel. He's speculating that the Habs are trying to project how to slot Tinordi, Beaulieu and Bournival throughout the year, in what he terms as a transition year.

Probably looking at where the young players are at this point and where they can fit the rest of the year...sort of like an extended training camp. Parros, Murray and Emelin will be back in the next 3 or 6 weeks so they have to know where the kids are before then.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Despres would be a fun acquisition. I remember how I got laughed at last year when I proposed a trade centered around Jason demers and David Desharnais.

Demers makes little sense for the Habs, another puck mover.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Probably looking at where the young players are at this point and where they can fit the rest of the year...sort of like an extended training camp. Parros, Murray and Emelin will be back in the next 3 or 6 weeks so they have to know where the kids are before then.

Yeah, that's what I gathered. The 4 scouts in attendance wasn't the biggie, but the fact that all of the Habs front office hockey people were there with them, which is always great fodder for speculation.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

We can't even play Tinordi when we have 3 defensmens injured and we're talking about getting a D who's in the exact same place in his development?

Some of these proposals make no sence.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
We can't even play Tinordi when we have 3 defensmens injured and we're talking about getting a D who's in the exact same place in his development?

Some of these proposals make no sence.

Did you watch the last few games with Tinordi? He's not sitting because there's not room. He's sitting because he has sucked.

I'd be more comfortable playing Despres over Tinordi. Not really the same place in their developmental curve. I'd also probably play him over Bouillon,drewiske, and Murray. You're not gonna get guys in their prime, too expensive and we don't have the assets for that just yet. And we don't need any more injury prone, over the hill vets. Trading replaceable depth to take a chance on youth is what the habs should be doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad