Rumor: Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

Fifthgear

Nov 15, 2007
Montréal
Marc Bergevin, would be looking for a defender, reports Bruce Garrioch.
Ottawa Sun reporter mentioned this in his article that the the Habs might try to pick a defensemen since the loss of Douglas Murray would be longer than expected. Also, Russian Alexei Emelin is not ready to make a return to the game.
David Desharnais could be the bargaining chip to acquire that defender?

Article found in http://25stanley.com/

Discuss ...

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
...since he saw Tinordi and Beaulieu weren't ready. Since he saw Bouillon is awful and doesn't deserve his place on the third pair. Since he saw Diaz avoiding as much as possible physical contacts. Since he saw Emelin wasn't coming back until December. Since he saw Murray is awful too and is hurt right now.

:shakehead

PunkinDrublic*

...since he saw Tinordi and Beaulieu weren't ready. Since he saw Bouillon is awful and doesn't deserve his place on the third pair. Since he saw Diaz avoiding as much as possible physical contacts. Since he saw Emelin wasn't coming back until December. Since he saw Murray is awful too and is hurt right now.

:shakehead

Where do you get this from ? His one pre-season game playing injured ?
Or maybe watching him struggle last year with the Pens after showing up into the shortened season way out of shape.

theboss*

We should go after zach bogosian

Future D

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Bogo
Emelin-Gorges

Last edited by a moderator:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Or maybe watching him struggle last year with the Pens after showing up into the shortened season way out of shape.

Murray was bad with the sharks too.
I used to love this guy, but he declined. He's not the same.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Columbus seem to have an abundance of so-so to good D's. Maybe someone like Nikitin or Prout would fit the bill for us. Both are fairly young, big, decent defenders.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
How about we start with

1) not putting our 2 softest D man together as a pairing

2) not playing old washed up Françis Bouillon every game

3) not wasting our 1st round talents in the press box

Before thinking of giving away assets to get a defensmen

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

I watched him over the years with the Sharks and he was awfully slow. I was ecstatic when he got traded, along with most other Sharks fans. That said, if he's used in a very specific and sheltered role, he could look great.

PunkinDrublic*

How about we start with

1) not putting our 2 softest D man together as a pairing

2) not playing old washed up Françis Bouillon every game

3) not wasting our 1st round talents in the press box

Before thinking of giving away assets to get a defensmen

Desharnais ??? :laugh:

Analyzer*

Bruce Garrioch... 25 Stanley... Why don't you complete the triangle of uselessness and add in Eklund.

dreamingofdrouin*

We don`t need anymore 5-6 d-man...we have enough of them....the only way this makes sense is if we`re going after the big number 2 we need...tyler myers is the only one i can think off that may become available but im not sure if he could still be what he was developing into or if he`s screwed. maybe we get girardi from the rangers if they continue to suck...but is he number 2...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We don`t need anymore 5-6 d-man...we have enough of them....the only way this makes sense is if we`re going after the big number 2 we need...tyler myers is the only one i can think off that may become available but im not sure if he could still be what he was developing into or if he`s screwed. maybe we get girardi from the rangers if they continue to suck...but is he number 2...

All we can do is try to survive the season and hope one of these guys are available:

Brooks Orpik
Dan Girardi
Jonathon Ericsson
Rostislav Klesla

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Columbus seem to have an abundance of so-so to good D's. Maybe someone like Nikitin or Prout would fit the bill for us. Both are fairly young, big, decent defenders.

This guy is a beast, would love to add him as a 6th/7th d-man. He has pretty good balanced when I saw him vs BOS he can also move the puck out of zone better than Drewiske or Murray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad