Rumor: Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
We don't need to overpay for rental if we start with Beaulieu I hope someone like Brent Burns or Luke Schenn and maybe Myers. Desharnais + Ellis and a late pick should be a good starts for a 2nd d-man

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
The more i think about it, i think we should just stick with Beaulieu and Tinordi, for better or worse. I see no point on wasting picks and prospects for patch-up defensemen when we have two guys who could blossom if given the opportunity. I would just rotate them until Murray and Emelin come back, and i think it will be a great learning experience and a way to speed up their development. Afterwards they can go back to Hamilton and work on whatever deficiencies they need to iron out.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We don't need to overpay for rental if we start with Beaulieu I hope someone like Brent Burns or Luke Schenn and maybe Myers. Desharnais + Ellis and a late pick should be a good starts for a 2nd d-man

The minute you start trading a guy like Beaulieu to plug a hole it becomes a bad idea.

Myers has a terrible contract, way too much risk in trading for that guy with the way he's played the last 2+ years. Not sure I'd take him if he came for free, at 5+ more years at 5.5 mil cap hit...pass all the way.

Burns is playing forward, not sure he would be on the market anyways.

Schenn is just another Emelin/Tinordi. Before trading assets to get him I'd extend Emelin's contract and continue developping Tinordi.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Mark Stuart is a UFA at the end of the season, I'd be curious to see what it would take to get him if he's not re-signing with the Jets.

Not that crazy about Stuart, he makes a lot of mistakes in his own end. I'd rather play Tinordi and let him make those mistakes while learning then wasting picks/prospects on Stuart

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If we acquire any defenceman, I think they NEED to be a significant piece moving forward and need to either be RFA or be signed past next year as I hope these injuries (Murray, Drewiskie, ~Gorges) push Bergevin into acquiring the #2 defenceman (or future #2) we need instead of the stopgaps.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Your name is pretty apt if you think you could get one of those guys for what you offered. Also, Burns is 100000000000% off limits unless you're offering something INSANE, ex. Subban. This is coming from a guy who's two favourite teams are Montreal and San Jose. Schenn is likely the most attainable but he also has the lowest ceiling. Myers I still think will be a damn find d-man and I'd love to get him, but we'd be looking at Gallgher+ for him no doubt.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Habs brass scouting Minny- Toronto game... who would interest the habs on Minny?
(source: http://25stanley.com/rumeur-canadiens-transaction-avec-le-wild-et-lavalanche.html)

I think perhaps local boy Marco Scandella, big young D man .
Interestingly, he had been scratched the previous 3 games.

Question is who goes the other way? One of the young D in Hamilton?

Scandella would be perfect. He's got size, a good two-way game, his age matches our core AND he's local. In the past (2012), he's been entrusted with big minutes and a top-4 role. With some maturing and a good pairing, he could get back to playing in those situations again.

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Scandella-Bouillon

Maybe Nygren or Thrower fit the Wild's needs a little better than Scandella? Leblanc? Holland?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad