Confirmed with Link: Marc Bergevin joins the Kings as GM consultant

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The f-bombs will be flying with this old boys club. Bergevin will be in heaven.

Not sure how Danault feels about it.
Why would Danault be mad about that ? I’m sure Danault have mad respect for the guy that draft him and acquired him to give him his real 1st chance in the NHL.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The Kings is exactly the kind of team we need to trade with. They might have one of the best, if not the best prospects pool. Skill, speed, size…
They also have all their picks
Add in the fact that a lot of the players Bergy picked up are the type of players the Kings value (Chiarot, Edmundson, Armia, Leky) and the Habs-Kings could be good trading partners here.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Happy for MB. He did a great job here in Montreal, and I'm sure he'll do well in LA. I'm not surprised that it didn't take long for him to find a job. He's very well regarded in hockey circles, and with good reason.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Happy for MB. He did a great job here in Montreal, and I'm sure he'll do well in LA. I'm not surprised that it didn't take long for him to find a job. He's very well regarded in hockey circles, and with good reason.

I disagree with almost everything that you've said here.

lol.jpg

gojdob.jpg

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You keep using that word "great job". I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

Bergevin's nearly decade-long tenure was an unmitigated disaster, full stop.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
We went to the Stanley Cup finals, something we hadn't done in almost 30 years, and you call this a disaster?
It took a disaster (a worldwide pandemic) to even make that Cup run possible. Without Covid, this team would have missed the playoffs the past two seasons and Bergevin would have been fired before this season even started.

You have to stop giving Bergevin credit for a Cup run that was a one-off, unrepeatable fluke. They were a garbage team in a 56 game season with a realignment that put them into a weak enough division for them to qualify for the post-season. Then they got hot for 6 weeks. This season, when everything returned to normal, they immediately went back to being garbage. Bergevin left the team in worse shape than he found it. All he did was waste a decade. But some fans will let him hang his hat forever on that one fluke playoff run that was only made possible because of a worldwide pandemic that killed millions.

Last edited:

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Interested to see the next person who will last 9+ years as gm of the Habs. Better find a tailor who can make a very good Teflon suit. LA is a good landing spot, should be a team on the rise. As much as any team in the league they do build through the draft.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Interested to see the next person who will last 9+ years as gm of the Habs. Better find a tailor who can make a very good Teflon suit. LA is a good landing spot, should be a team on the rise. As much as any team in the league they do build through the draft.
No one should be permitted to remain in the GM chair for 9 years without winning at least one Cup along the way. Five years max and then it's bye-bye unless you're on the brink of winning it all. The Habs, in 9 years of Bergevin, only ever got close in year 9, and only then by a fluke. He should have been fired years earlier.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The f-bombs will be flying with this old boys club. Bergevin will be in heaven.

Not sure how Danault feels about it.

Danault don't care. He got his contract and is getting paid. Less attention in LA and don't have to deal with Habs fans attacking his offensive game when our coaches were playing him 60-80% in the D zone.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Danault don't care. He got his contract and is getting paid. Less attention in LA and don't have to deal with Habs fans attacking his offensive game when our coaches were playing him 60-80% in the D zone.
What offensive game did Danault even have that could be criticized?

He led the team in ice-time and got first unit power play time. Even then he was useless in producing offense. But he wanted to be paid as though he was Patrice Bergeron or the second coming of Guy Carbonneau.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What offensive game did Danault even have that could be criticized?

He led the team in ice-time and got first unit power play time. Even then he was useless in producing offense. But he wanted to be paid as though he was Patrice Bergeron or the second coming of Guy Carbonneau.

Danault got first unit PP time? Come on man. Look it up. You talking about his total of 2:30 of PP time over 22 playoff games (0.07/game). Or his 0.19 regular season PP time over the last 53 games?

Danault is getting 55% of D zone starts with the Kings. With the Habs it was 60-80% (between playoffs and regular season).

The Danault hate is unreal. We lost a good one because of all this BS of focusing on his offense

Reactions: TRG

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
No one should be permitted to remain in the GM chair for 9 years without winning at least one Cup along the way. Five years max and then it's bye-bye unless you're on the brink of winning it all. The Habs, in 9 years of Bergevin, only ever got close in year 9, and only then by a fluke. He should have been fired years earlier.
That's one opinion. Certainly was room to consider a change years ago. Molson likes the stability model and Bergevin showed great loyalty to his staff which may have been his downfall. If a team is showing constant progression though (which the Habs did not) don't see the need to make a change for the sake of change. Teams should always be looking to improve. We shall see whether the changes here are an upgrade but I certainly agree the Bergevin regime's time was up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad