HF Habs: Marc Bergevin & Carey Price Media Availability (11AM ET)

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
What is Price supposed to say after practice? Thanks coach? Fairly confident that Price has Waite's number...he'd likely just call him. Just another wtf moment from Bergie

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I also love how Bergevin spun it as him being respectful by firing Waite in between periods of a game so he would have time to pack his stuff without crossing paths with anyone. What a moron.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Richardson, the chosen one, won't get fired.

I wouldn't say for sure that Richardson is safe. There is still a possibility they could've hired someone external to replace him but they might have to quarantine (similar to Burke), as a result they might've not announced anything yet.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I wouldn't say for sure that Richardson is safe. There is still a possibility they could've hired someone external to replace him but they might have to quarantine (similar to Burke), as a result they might've not announced anything yet.

Bergevin just said he wasn't getting fired like... 2 minutes ago.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This still doesn't add up to me.

Why the second period? He didn't fire him before the game, so clearly something happened to instigate the decision.

I wonder if it was that one goal on Price. Wouldn't make a ton of sense but it's not like anything else significant happened in the 2nd.

He made the decision before the game. He wanted to avoid disrupting the team before the game. He announced it after the 2nd so that Waite didn't have to meet with the staff/players while being fired.

Reactions: Canadienna

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This still doesn't add up to me.

Why the second period? He didn't fire him before the game, so clearly something happened to instigate the decision.

I wonder if it was that one goal on Price. Wouldn't make a ton of sense but it's not like anything else significant happened in the 2nd.

Edit: Apparently he had made the decision beforehand.

Pretty much. He just didn't fire him before the game not to create a distraction.

Reactions: Canadienna

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
wow bergevin sounds extremely irritated. Obviously job is on the line. it's clear he saw malaise bleed into coaching staff and thus players (especially Price). They better make playoffs or he's gone. no question

He's next in line, that's for sure.

I hope he won't hand out other contracts like Martin Lapointe anytime soon, or Molson might refrain from doing the cleanup needed (when it happens, not 'if')

Reactions: Doc McKenna

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Can’t expect to win games 1-0. It’s always everyone’s fault but Bergy’s. That said, 10.5m Price has not been much of good help lately.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
"sometimes a small change can make a big difference"

.... earlier...

"I don't make changes just to make them"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad