HF Habs: Marc Bergevin & Carey Price Media Availability (11AM ET)

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
hmm....

"Its on me"
"Answers in the room"
"Sometimes you Gotta make Da tough Changes to Get Better"
" Chill out Guys"

Reactions: Beaker

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The hockey fishbowl that is Montreal. No wonder this team cannot land the best UFA's.
This is absolutely true.

You can live in Florida, nobody knows who you are while making millions and show up to practice in flip flops and a Ferrari.....NAH, let's go to Montreal where it's cold and everybody in the city knows who you are and needs to know what you're doing every minute of the day.

Tough sell, but hopefully we can get winning consistently and buck the trend.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Of course its after a "big" win against the last place team, gotta make Carey look good, how many head coaches has Price been through since he joined the habs 6-7-8?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well I was hoping the focus could be away from Carey Price for a bit (I know)...

But this puts the spotlight firmly on the goalie, which I suppose, is how the Habs prefer to have things.

If Price takes off they'll use the firing of Waite/hiring of Burke as the catalyst and if he continues to struggle they'll say he ran Waite out of town.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The hockey fishbowl that is Montreal. No wonder this team cannot land the best UFA's.

They just landed Toffoli who was one of the better free agents last season.

But I guess they did miss out on Lucic and Duchene prior to that. And yeah they missed out on Panarin too, one of the few good big free agent signings in years, but so did a lot of other teams.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why Price has to be involved in this, seems very strange. Just putting more pressure on him. What is he gonna say? "Yeah I sucked for the last 4 years so I got my goalie coach fired. But don't worry, I'll play better with the new coach!"

Or they will be announcing his trade :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tighthead and c3z4r

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They just landed Toffoli who was one of the better free agents last season.

But I guess they did miss out on Lucic and Duchene prior to that.
Boy that is selective.
Tavares wouldn't even talk to the Habs if I recall correctly.
Toffoli is a solid UFA signing but not remotely close to an upper tier player.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
This is kind of pointless to have Price there, but I guess it does affect him. Maybe he'll talk about moving in a different direction and adjusting his style? No matter how you slice it the organization is finally shaking things up and thats good. Whether it translates to success, only time will tell.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Boy that is selective.
Tavares wouldn't even talk to the Habs if I recall correctly.
Toffoli is a solid UFA signing but not remotely close to an upper tier player.

It’s selective because they were in on those players. The majority of the big UFA signings don’t live up to their contracts. As far as Tavares goes, he signed in another fishbowl and has the 5th highest cap hit in the league.

If Montreal is a better team they can land free agents. Them being mediocre for awhile hasn’t helped.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It’s selective because they were in on those players. The majority of the big UFA signings don’t live up to their contracts. As far as Tavares goes, he signed in another fishbowl and has the 5th highest cap hit in the league.

If Montreal is a better team they can land free agents. Then being mediocre for awhile hasn’t helped.
Players have said that the pressure, the overbearing media and taxes are huge deterrents.
Am I wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad