HF Habs: Marc Bergevin & Carey Price Media Availability (11AM ET)

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
The hockey fishbowl that is Montreal. No wonder this team cannot land the best UFA's.

Dont see to many baseball players afraid of the pressure of playing for the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox and choosing the Devil Rays, As...... just to be left alone

Reactions: Tighthead

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This franchise loves Price, I wonder if he'll become GM one day.

Please. He’s been in Montreal for over a decade and hasn’t learned a word of French. I doubt he’s ever considered.

He’s clearly going back out west once he’s retired.

Reactions: MasterD

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
This is kind of pointless to have Price there, but I guess it does affect him. Maybe he'll talk about moving in a different direction and adjusting his style? No matter how you slice it the organization is finally shaking things up and thats good. Whether it translates to success, only time will tell.

the media would have asked questions about Waite/Burke to Price after his next start regardless. Habs probably just wanted to get that out of the way sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Schwang

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Players have said that the pressure, the overbearing media and taxes are huge deterrents.
Am I wrong?

No you’re absolutely right. What I’m saying it’s not a bad thing the big free agents haven’t signed in Montreal. It’s kept them from having those huge anchor contracts that kills a teams cap like Lucic, Neal, Eriksson, Shattenkirk (who the NYR bought out two years after he was the best free agent), Okposo, Bobrovsky, Duchene, Ladd, etc.

Also Toronto landed Tavares and that market also has a lot of those things.

The majority of the best players in the league are with the team that drafted them.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No you’re absolutely right. What I’m saying it’s not a bad thing the big free agents haven’t signed in Montreal. It’s kept them from having those huge anchor contracts that kills a teams cap like Lucic, Neal, Eriksson, Shattenkirk (who the NYR bought out two years after he was the best free agent), Okposo, Bobrovsky, Duchene, Ladd, etc.

The majority of the best players in the league are with the team that drafted them.

It's not even clear that Tavares is worth 11 million/year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Totally agree. Andrew Ladd anyone? :)

Reactions: CHfan1

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
My french is below average but sounds like Price was asked his opinion on a coaching change but ultimately wasn't aware that one was going to happen?

Edit: nvm Arpon Basu clarified

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's not even clear that Tavares is worth 11 million/year.

11 million? shit,did not know that,wow!

tenor.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Burke should be on the ice with the team after their road trip and before their home game against Vancouver on the 19th.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Shades of Cammalleri being traded mid game.

This still doesn't add up to me.

Why the second period? He didn't fire him before the game, so clearly something happened to instigate the decision.

I wonder if it was that one goal on Price. Wouldn't make a ton of sense but it's not like anything else significant happened in the 2nd.

Edit: Apparently he had made the decision beforehand.

Reactions: donghabs98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad