Rumor: Marc-Andre-Fleury wants out of Vegas

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ok so then is there a way in which that can be done through a sweetener with Jones given where the two are at value-wise?

Probably not, no.

Goal is a really difficult spot to have dead weight. By themselves they can straight up cost you games.

Koskinen is good, but he doesn’t have the stamina to go more than 50-55 games in a good season. Jones’ buyout sucks. He can’t really be buried. Back to back .896 seasons. Neal, while not an impact player, still helps the powerplay and when healthy was pretty solid in a bottom six role for us. I can’t really think of what would make it worth my time to hand Martin Jones 35 starts a season. “Worse than Mike Smith for four more years and negative cap relief because we retained on Lucic to add Neal” is a bitter pill to swallow for small additions.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think he and DeBoer don't mesh very well. Feel he might believe that Robin Lehner is their starter of the future.

Maybe Fleury to Edmonton for James Neal and Mikko Koskinen or Pittsburgh for Jack Johnson and Casey DeSmith.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
MAF back in Pittsburgh would be a worse decision than JMFJ signed for 5 years.

Seriously.

How? Fleury has only 2 years and is still very serviceable. Johnson has 3 years left and is terrible. Fleury/Jarry is a solid tandem.

The only concern I could see would be if that pisses off Jarry, which I guess is valid.

Last edited:

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
How? Fleury has only 2 years and is still very serviceable. Johnson has 3 years left and is terrible. Fleury/Jarry is a solid tandem.

The only concern I could see would be if that pisses off Jarry, which I guess is valid.

If you're unfamiliar with the territory MAF occupies in the city of Pittsburgh, I understand.

What you'd have is the worst locker room drama/unnecessary goalie drama the league has faced in some time. Jarry should be our #1 going in to the season - but you'd have an entire city losing their minds at the thought of their mental midget/flower sitting on the bench. The first bad goal Jarry lets in would be the end of him - and that's ignoring the already sizeable pressure he'd be receiving from the fanbase, media, and arena chants/signs all circling around Fleury being in the city. The circus surrounding bringing him back (only to expose him again after one season to another expansion draft) would not be worth any price - I don't care if he were free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad