Confirmed with Link: Marc-Andre Fleury to Wild

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't know how anyone could have thought that. It would have been very reasonable to assume CHI would be better with Fleury, Jones, Toews (even coming off missing a year and likely being a shell of himself) and McCabe. The issue was they were never really the 12th worst team in the league, trying to jump over a few teams and sneak into the playoffs. They were the arguably the worst team in the league (the worst by xGF%), that for a decent stretch got very good goaltending from Lankinen and had Kane scoring 1.5 PpG for like half the year. This year is just less of a mirage. We're 4th in xGF% and the 8th worst team. Instead of last year when we were dead-last in xGF% but finished 12th worst.
I misunderstood your original post, didnt get the sarcasm. I think we agree.

Reactions: TheFridge

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Honestly some pretty good work here by Davidson. Showed Guerin a bluff by playing MAF and letting Guerin think he diddnt mind holding on to MAF if he wasn’t getting his value. MAF had an extremely short trade list and Minnesota was really one of the only teams that would work and had significant interest. That condition could also end up being a valuable one as MAF for sure has the talent to steal a series.

Great value all things considered imo.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The seemingly popular strategy in sports now is if you are not very good tear it completely down, suck as much as possible, tank, and gather as many picks and cap space as possible and build it from scratch. Sounds nice and sometimes it works (2016 Cubs) but just as many times you fall deep into the abyss and stay there forever (NY Jets, many others). This is the result of years of blunders and mismanagement, now this team could be the worst in the league next year. Building through the draft in the NHL is ridiculously long and a complete crap shoot, I really don’t see much hope for this franchise for many years. Its sad, we have 3 teams in Chicago now in this exact same position.
Yeah it’s going to be bleak for Chicago sports for a while. The Sox and Bulls are closest but both haven’t taken the next big leap.

At least we have 3 Cup wins to remember :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad