Confirmed with Link: Marc-Andre Fleury to Wild

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Now the Hawks need to grab that Harry Sateri guy off of waivers from Toronto…won the gold for Finland at the Olympics

He's got a career .905 Sv% in like 200 AHL games and he's 32. He'd be a body to finish the season but so is Delia.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I'm good with this one.

KD getting decent returns so far.
Gonna be a serious tank-job next season.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I think we still get a 2nd round pick vs a 3rd if the Oilers make the conference finals too right? From Keith

Oilers vs Wild WCF. Win-win :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I hope at least one of those teams is in the WCF. Odds still aren't good, but having at least 2 teams to keep an eye on (or root for if you want) is nice.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My first thought: how stupid of King to play MAF last night if a trade was even remotely possible.

King has proven in a short time that he is a personable guy but he's not the sharpest pencil in the desk as a HC in the NHL.
Good luck to Fleury. I'll be cheering for him. a 2nd rounder ain't bad - it certainly beats not moving him at all.

Reactions: Sinbad

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Fleury playing last night wasn't just a coaching decision. If management didn't want him playing, he wouldn't have been playing.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
My first thought: how stupid of King to play MAF last night if a trade was even remotely possible.

King has proven in a short time that he is a personable guy but he's not the sharpest pencil in the desk as a HC in the NHL.
Good luck to Fleury. I'll be cheering for him. a 2nd rounder ain't bad - it certainly beats not moving him at all.
He said he'd do it if told to, I think that's largely a GM orders the coach to do it move.

Why Davidson didn't make that call I'd put on him over King.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Have to imagine that was a decision from management, King is going to do everything he can to win over Kyle so he can coach in the NHL next year

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Now is when Columbus starts to salivate----the big trifecta, Fleury gone, Hagel gone and DeHaan still here....

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Now is when Columbus starts to salivate----the big trifecta, Fleury gone, Hagel gone and DeHaan still here....

They won that trade the minute it happened. Getting a higher pick is just a cherry on top. Who could have predicted that Seth Jones, MAF and Toews after missing a year of hockey (who was already declining) wouldn't be enough to take a team that finished dead last in xGF% in 2020-21 into the playoffs? We were very fortunate last year that we finished as high as we did, bc we definitely didn't deserve to based on how much we gave up defensively every night.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They won that trade the minute it happened. Getting a higher pick is just a cherry on top. Who could have predicted that Seth Jones, MAF and Toews after missing a year of hockey (who was already declining) wouldn't be enough to take a team that finished dead last in xGF% in 2020-21 into the playoffs? We were very fortunate last year that we finished as high as we did, bc we definitely didn't deserve to based on how much we gave up defensively every night.
There a few of us who thought that.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Flew by me. Weird, because there were quite a few people who thought Seth Jones and Fleury made this team a playoff team, and thought that retooling like MTL did was the best way to go.
I thought theyd be competing for a playoff spotg with toews back and adding jones and fleury. Didnt necessarily think it was the bestt way to go, but didnt think theyd be this much of a dumpster.

Reactions: jls24

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
There a few of us who thought that.

I don't know how anyone could have thought that. It would have been very reasonable to assume CHI would be better with Fleury, Jones, Toews (even coming off missing a year and likely being a shell of himself) and McCabe. The issue was they were never really the 12th worst team in the league, trying to jump over a few teams and sneak into the playoffs. They were the arguably the worst team in the league (the worst by xGF%), that for a decent stretch got very good goaltending from Lankinen and had Kane scoring 1.5 PpG for like half the year. This year is just less of a mirage. We're 4th in xGF% and the 8th worst team. Instead of last year when we were dead-last in xGF% but finished 12th worst.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The seemingly popular strategy in sports now is if you are not very good tear it completely down, suck as much as possible, tank, and gather as many picks and cap space as possible and build it from scratch. Sounds nice and sometimes it works (2016 Cubs) but just as many times you fall deep into the abyss and stay there forever (NY Jets, many others). This is the result of years of blunders and mismanagement, now this team could be the worst in the league next year. Building through the draft in the NHL is ridiculously long and a complete crap shoot, I really don’t see much hope for this franchise for many years. Its sad, we have 3 teams in Chicago now in this exact same position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad