Confirmed with Link: Marc-Andre Fleury to Wild

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
one slot left to retain money, imagine it will be de haan
I think that makes the most sense. Carpy won't need retention. I think both of them return picks.

With Kubalik I kind of feel like we'll get a hockey trade, but we'll see.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think that makes the most sense. Carpy won't need retention. I think both of them return picks.

With Kubalik I kind of feel like we'll get a hockey trade, but we'll see.
right, ANA also has the cap space to take on his contract, not sure if STL or NSH do with CdH

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Delia is useless. Not sold on Lankinen either. Brutal rebound control.

Who cares? No one should care about who's tending goal over the next 2-3 years, let alone the rest of this season. Who our starter is coming out of this rebuild is all that matters.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Why worry about goaltending when Fleury is going to resign with the Hawks in the off season? I may be wrong but I have the feeling Fleury will be back here to finish his career as his family is in Chicago and he doesn't want to move them again. This would make sense why he chose Minny for the remainder of this year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why worry about goaltending when Fleury is going to resign with the Hawks in the off season? I may be wrong but I have the feeling Fleury will be back here to finish his career as his family is in Chicago and he doesn't want to move them again. This would make sense why he chose Minny for the remainder of this year.
if Pittsburgh offers him the opportunity to go back, or Vegas, why would he choose the Hawks when those two teams are trying to win a cup

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
There's no chance he's going back to Vegas. That relationship is trashed. I could see him going back to Pitt though. That makes sense. I can't see him signing here. The dude isn't going to come back next year just to play. If he's going to play, he wants to be on a competitive team.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't expect him to sign with Chicago, but I could see it happening if his family happens to really like it and they don't feel like packing their bags again.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Agreed but it depends on how the lottery balls stack up. If Columbus wins the lottery, resign Fleury.
if the Hawks get a top 2 pick they might continue the full teardown and look at moving Kane and Cat in the summer for a haul of picks in 23 and/or blue chip prospects, maybe a team like BUF would give up their 1st in 23 for Kane and that puts you in the Bedard race

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
if the Hawks get a top 2 pick they might continue the full teardown and look at moving Kane and Cat in the summer for a haul of picks in 23 and/or blue chip prospects, maybe a team like BUF would give up their 1st in 23 for Kane and that puts you in the Bedard race

If Kane is going to be dealt, it'll be to a contender (or a team that fancies themselves one), not a rebuilding team like Buffalo. DeBrincat is more likely to go to a team that considers themselves "on the rise", so a trade to Buffalo, Ottawa or Detroit would make sense.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Better condition than I first had heard...thought they had to reach Cup Final(that would be 3 series wins)...but itvturnsvout only need to win 2 series to get to WC Final plus Fleury must win at least 4 games of those first 2 series ..

So if tgey win tge 1stcround series and he won those 4 games in net Then the 4 wins condition is met....if he they win the 2nd round whether he pkayscor not in this scenario,Hawks still would get a first as conditions met.

The question is. Can Minn win 2 series?

Even if Hawks get to use the Minn 1st it would only be a 28-32 pick...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think we still get a 2nd round pick vs a 3rd if the Oilers make the conference finals too right? From Keith

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Now the Hawks need to grab that Harry Sateri guy off of waivers from Toronto…won the gold for Finland at the Olympics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad