Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It’s a bit unfortunate because he’ll now be one of the RFAs we need to sign for the 25-26 season. Although they’ll still have plenty of cash.

Moving Rossi still makes absolutely no sense to me. First time in franchise history where we might actually have depth at center & Guerin wants to immediately put an end to that. Hopefully Russo is just talking out of his ass with that idea.
Russo didn’t say Rossi is going to be traded or that they are even looking to trade him.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
So, he'll report to the big team, will practice with them for a while, but will probably see limited minutes at best this year? Next year he has a chance, like everyone, to make the team out of camp, but can be sent down to Iowa?
He should be able to be sent down to Iowa.

I see him coming over, practicing a few times. Getting up to team speed, so to speak. Then getting some game time. I think depending on how he does they make a decision from there (stay or Iowa bound).

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
He should be able to be sent down to Iowa.

I see him coming over, practicing a few times. Getting up to team speed, so to speak. Then getting some game time. I think depending on how he does they make a decision from there (stay or Iowa bound).
Let’s hope he explodes, gets time on the #2 PP, and ends the year in the top 6 after we trade a guy like Duhaime or waive luccini.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Hey, aren’t you doing the same to me? Trying to shut down my discussion? So get off your high horse. I’m telling people not to panic.

And nobody gave a reason why it would be a bad move with the exception of you regarding center depth. What if he’s used to get a better center though?
Again, it’s been mostly Chicken Little reactions.
“Y’all need to settle the f*** down” adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

It would be more conducive to conversation if you actually made substantive arguments like “what if we use him to acquire a better center” instead of resorting to ad hominems off the top.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russo didn’t say Rossi is going to be traded or that they are even looking to trade him.

I don't think anyone here is under the impression that Russo said Rossi is going to be traded or they'll look to trade him, I think we're just sharing opinions on the potential, as it was reported by Russo, that they could look to trade him.

This is a website meant to have hockey discussions, not all those discussions have to be about things we have 100% proof of happening, we can also speculate and give opinions on potential moves.

Reactions: Slotski

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
“Y’all need to settle the f*** down” adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

It would be more conducive to conversation if you actually made substantive arguments like “what if we use him to acquire a better center” instead of resorting to ad hominems off the top.
I mean, that was the third sentence I wrote and the one you seemed to fixate upon. That seems more like a you problem than a me problem.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
im guessing marat is an upgrade over freddy as the 3rd line C. welcome special K!
That’s a pretty bold guess considering the kid hasn’t even played in the NHL try, and wasn’t lighting the KHL on fire, but would be very welcoming if he is.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
No, but he should be practically untouchable right now. I can’t think of a single trade that would make sense in the offseason.

Marco Rossi​

Doubtful. He’s in the midst of a quality rookie season, and while we’re still not convinced the Wild are ready to commit to him long-term or that he won’t be traded this offseason, the trade deadline is not typically the time to trade a young asset like this.

That’s a summer move.

Rossi has another year left on his entry-level contract. That’s a bargain price to see if he can do it again.

I mean, that was the third sentence I wrote and the one you seemed to fixate upon. That seems more like a you problem than a me problem.
Why include it at all?

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
No, but he should be practically untouchable right now. I can’t think of a single trade that would make sense in the offseason.

Why include it at all?
Almost nobody is untouchable.
Again, even Gretzky was traded. If the right deal comes around, why not entertain it?

“We’ll give you #1OA”
“Nope. Sorry, Rossi is untouchable”

It’s extreme but you wouldn’t do that deal?

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Again, even Gretzky was traded. If the right deal comes around, why not entertain it?

“We’ll give you #1OA”

With that logic, wouldn't the "not going anywhere" category be pointless?

Russo could have lumped Rossi together with the Boldys and Fabers but made the elaborate choice not to do that. Now it just becomes a matter of whether you trust his intuition or not.

Reactions: Nsjohnson and AKL

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
With that logic, wouldn't the "not going anywhere" category be pointless?

Russo could have lumped Rossi together with the Boldys and Fabers but made the elaborate choice not to do that. Now it just becomes a matter of whether you trust his intuition or not.
Maybe. It could be semantics in that Russo believes the cost for each of those players, or their contracts, would prohibit them from being moved.

Maybe Russo feels that cost of moving Rossi is in the realm of possibilities and something the Wild would entertain.
Would Lundell <-> Rossi be interesting for the Wild? Would either team do it? Who knows.
What about Necas? Berniers? Perfetti?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Moving Rossi still makes absolutely no sense to me. First time in franchise history where we might actually have depth at center & Guerin wants to immediately put an end to that. Hopefully Russo is just talking out of his ass with that idea.
Isn't the only thing Russo said is that Rossi isn't untouchable? That doesn't even mean Billy G is considering trading him. I don't want to see Rossi traded either but depending on the return, it could be a good thing. The Fiala trade worked out pretty great.

Since Sweetnut is already taken by yours truly, I suggest Nutty.
I was just about to type that. I second that motion.

Reactions: Sweetnut

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not sure who's available but I imagine he'd be targeting a bigger, grittier guy with less offensive upside. Something he and Hynes like to have.

Does Rossi for Lundell have something to it? I heard Lundell could be moved too.
Would be funny if this ended up happening

Rossi, Shaw, marat

The 5'9" Line
They already had a midget line of 97-23-36

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

“We’ll give you #1OA”

It's the idea that it's being suggested that they may want to shop him around that is concerning.

Yes, anyone can be had for a price, but there's no real reason to shop him in trade while he is showing real potential as a center. If someone comes calling making us an offer we can't refuse, that's one thing... but that isn't what was being implied from Russo.

Reactions: NHL1674

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad