Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What I'm hoping to see out of Khusnutdinov is a smaller, faster Hartman: a versatile forward that's good at breaking up plays and getting things turned in the right direction. I don't know how much offense he'll generate at the NHL level, but to me he's always looked like he had the skating, hands and brains to be annoying to play against.

And I wouldn't be surprised if these first games aren't super exciting. We'll see though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What I'm hoping to see out of Khusnutdinov is a smaller, faster Hartman: a versatile forward that's good at breaking up plays and getting things turned in the right direction. I don't know how much offense he'll generate at the NHL level, but to me he's always looked like he had the skating, hands and brains to be annoying to play against.

And I wouldn't be surprised if these first games aren't super exciting. We'll see though.

This is actually a pretty good comp. Less grit and probably doesn't have the shot Hartman does, but the rest of the game is probably close stylistically.

Reactions: Bazeek

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I will be focusing on his transition game and zone entries as I think that is where he excels, on top of defensive play and positioning with some expectations that adjustments will be needed there, but seeing if his instincts are solid. Offense will be hard to come by with Freddy there.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

I want to / hope to see something between Sturm and Haula and that kind of impact from the bottom 6 as a speedy center with some offensive pop.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
I'm not expecting much other than to get his feet wet and see what happens next year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
20240314_183740.jpg

Reactions: keppel146

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Yeah if he can add a speed element while playing a good 2 way game and chipping in as a secondary scorer (not now, but eventually) I’ll be happy

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Plays a smart game. Coaches will like him. Some time in Iowa to get his offensive game going might not be worst thing but I hope he sticks in St. Paul for now

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Him winning FO's is nice, and i thought he played a responsible defensive game, which Hynes will like. Seemed a bit unsure of himself the few times he had the puck in the neutral zone, but was pretty good in close quarters around the O net.

Once he figures out the game here I'd like to see him turn on the jets a bit, but it will take time ... maybe not till next year.

Reactions: MNRube

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

He clearly wasn't aware how bad this team has been at faceoffs for how long.
Him winning draws was a breath of fresh air!

Solid in his own zone, solid in transition. 'Ok' in the offensive zone... not great. Not great linemates either there, so no idea how he'd be with talent next to him yet.

There were a couple times where he was supposed to leave the ice on a change, but he was a bit slow to realize it...Shaw who had already stepped on the ice for another player and had harried the Ducks puck carrier back to retreating to reset the breakout, saw Marat still hanging around center ice and waived him to the bench. He quickly got the message and raced to the bench for the change.

New to the team, dealing with a language barrier, I'm sure that will get cleaned up with more time and practice.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Skating is similar. Marat seems to be more defensively focused than Haula. Time will tell who has the better offensive game
I dunno, when Haula was with us he was known for his D, and was put out against the likes of Kane. It was only after he moved the Vegas that he had some offensive success.

In general, it's too early to tell much of anything about Marat. New team, new league, new everything...there's a lot he has to take in and process. Hope he gets TOI the rest of the way so he can start to figure things out.

Reactions: TaLoN

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I dunno, when Haula was with us he was known for his D, and was put out against the likes of Kane. It was only after he moved the Vegas that he had some offensive success.

In general, it's too early to tell much of anything about Marat. New team, new league, new everything...there's a lot he has to take in and process. Hope he gets TOI the rest of the way so he can start to figure things out.
he had some good offensive moments here and didn’t enter the league with the defensive nuance and poise Marat showed last night. Blocking shots & strong on the dot etc. But yeah it’s definitely too early to say anything conclusively, that part shouldn’t have to be said

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
he had some good offensive moments here and didn’t enter the league with the defensive nuance and poise Marat showed last night. Blocking shots & strong on the dot etc. But yeah it’s definitely too early to say anything conclusively, that part shouldn’t have to be said
Haula was mostly just really fast and a really good skater and that speed allowed him to bother high-end skill players with lots of speed simply because he could skate with them. His speed also allowed him to be a solid transition offense guy, especially on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad