Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's the idea that it's being suggested that they may want to shop him around that is concerning.

Yes, anyone can be had for a price, but there's no real reason to shop him in trade while he is showing real potential as a center. If someone comes calling making us an offer we can't refuse, that's one thing... but that isn't what was being implied from Russo.
We've been struggling for depth down the middle forever. Now we have a rookie center who is showing promise, so what do we do? Trade him! Then in typical Minnesota fashion, he'll become a stud center, and the fans and media will cry that we moved him.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Getting this thread back to KhusNUTS...

Look forward to seeing how he looks in North America. Hopefully he can be a speedy PKer with some offense, similar to a Haula.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So what's the plan for him? Is he replacing Luccini on the third line and then we have Foligno - Rossi - Marat as a shut down unit and PK:ers? Finally benching Freddy and getting Shaw in the lineup?
Is Marat good at the shoot out competition?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
So what's the plan for him? Is he replacing Luccini on the third line and then we have Foligno - Rossi - Marat as a shut down unit and PK:ers? Finally benching Freddy and getting Shaw in the lineup?
Is Marat good at the shoot out competition?
I think it's possible Duhaime is traded by the time Marat is ready (paperwork/visa wise + practiced a few times with the team). Hynes seems to like Rossi with Lucchini and Vinni, so maybe they will put him with Hartman/Freddy/Shaw. Who knows though, injuries and trades between now and his first appearance are likely.

Reactions: Sweetnut

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So he got a nickname? Cuz there ain't no way I'm typing that name out every game. :oops:

I nominate hushpuppy for Marat K. #22.

The MK22 also known as the Hushpuppy is a 1911 style 9mm silenced pistol adopted by the Navy Seals during Vietnam and in use throughout the Coldwar. Small little package, but deadly.

Also the silenced pistol Solid Snake uses an the Metal Gear series.

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm not on board with "Piss Missile". Sorry to spoil the party.

I'm also assuming he just messed up the translation from a sketchy russian broadcast.

They were probably commenting on the shot (ie it was a rocket/missile).

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

The MK22 also known as the Hushpuppy is a 1911 style 9mm silenced pistol adopted by the Navy Seals during Vietnam and in use throughout the Coldwar. Small little package, but deadly.

For reference

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 5

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

Appreciate the effort, but I'm doing the Zuke Turnover Drinking Game in the GDT:s, there's just no way I'm typing that if he is doing things. I'll just go with "Nutty! f*** yeah! He scores again!"

Reactions: Puhis and NHL1674

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Isn't Koozie the obvious one? Especially with all the drinking we will be doing when Walz mispronounces it.

Excited to see him get in the lineup here. I am hoping that he can eventually be a guy very capable of carrying the puck through the neutral zone and zone entries ala MarJo when he is playing well. I do like his willingness to get to the net front and think his creativity will play well with our lineup. Questions for me are if he will be an actual Center, and if he can develop a shot that beats NHL goalies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Maroni

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy
Johansson-Rossi-Zuccarello
Foligno-Marat-Hartman
Lettieri-Gaudreau-Shaw

Is this the most likely line combo when Marat gets here + after the trade deadline? This assumes Duhaime, Dewar and Maroon get traded, if any of them don't they would replace Lettieri.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think they should trade Dewar.
As long as we end up in a series against Nashville. :sarcasm:

Jokes aside, I agree. He's an RFA, won't be expensive, and is a fit on the team at center. I guess we'll see what roster changes there are, and how Khusnutdinov and Yurov pan out, but I'd wait to trade him until there isn't a spot for him anymore, because he's not spectacular, but he's solid at his role, and that's something only about half of the roster can claim.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Has Kussy arrived yet? How long is the process with visa and all that stuff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad