Player Discussion Marat Khusnutdinov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not in every case, but in most cases KHL points translate to more points in the AHL. KHL is a much stronger league imo for the most part (hold a couple teams). Even if his points translated 1 for 1 to the AHL, he’d be on pace for a pretty good d+2 season in the AHL. My gut is that he’d be about a point per game guy in the AHL next year, if not this year.
There is also the fact that his game isn't really all about points. You hope that he continues to develop his offensive skill, but in general, he appears to be a two way C(hopefully) that gets it done by using his speed, and smarts.

He is not big, but he is bigger than Rossi, and definitely faster. I wonder who will end up being the best player?

Reactions: Slotski

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There is also the fact that his game isn't really all about points. You hope that he continues to develop his offensive skill, but in general, he appears to be a two way C(hopefully) that gets it done by using his speed, and smarts.

He is not big, but he is bigger than Rossi, and definitely faster. I wonder who will end up being the best player?
I think you’re right in that his two way game is the selling point. But, although I don’t think he’ll ever run out first PP, I think he has a realistic path to top-6 production. Does a lot of things well and is a great skater. Gun to my head right now I’d probably pick Marat as the better prospect. Both are smart players that don’t have elite offensive skills, but Marat is the better skater and competitor from what I’ve seen form both.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think you’re right in that his two way game is the selling point. But, although I don’t think he’ll ever run out first PP, I think he has a realistic path to top-6 production. Does a lot of things well and is a great skater. Gun to my head right now I’d probably pick Marat as the better prospect. Both are smart players that don’t have elite offensive skills, but Marat is the better skater and competitor from what I’ve seen form both.
I thought that Rossi was supposed to have elite offensive skills, or at least Granlund like skills, plus a better shot? Why pick a 5'9"(at best) player with moderate speed and strength if he isn't at the top of the heap when it comes to skill and smarts? I mean, I don't want a 5'9" Mikko Koivu.

So, pin all our hopes on Marat and Bankier, now?:laugh:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I thought that Rossi was supposed to have elite offensive skills, or at least Granlund like skills, plus a better shot? Why pick a 5'9"(at best) player with moderate speed and strength if he isn't at the top of the heap when it comes to skill and smarts? I mean, I don't want a 5'9" Mikko Koivu.

So, pin all our hopes on Marat and Bankier, now?:laugh:
I thought he had vg+ puck skills when he was drafted and a below average shot. Elite brain is what I saw. Granlund like vision. Best case for Rossi is Zaucarello down the middle of the ice I think.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
apparently got injured against Belarus, and is having surgery. Out till next season.
Thank goodness for the World Championships. It really allows us to see what happens to tired players after a long season, and it gives them the chance to overcome adversity. Win-win.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
1000008735.gif

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Why is it 2 years and not 3?
I think because he’s 21?

I was so sure 18-21 was 3 years, 22-23 was 2 years, 24+ was 1 year

The length of the ELC depends on the age of the player. Here is a breakdown of the contract length:

• 18-21 years of age: 3 years
  • 22-23 years of age: 2 years
  • 24 years of age: 1 year

In the NHL your signing age is the age you are on September 15th of the Calender year you sign.

He is currently 21, turns 22 in July.

He will be 22 on September 15th, 2024, thus he has a 2 year ELC.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
In the NHL your signing age is the age you are on September 15th of the Calender year you sign.

He is currently 21, turns 22 in July.

He will be 22 on September 15th, 2024, thus he has a 2 year ELC.

Okay, figured that had to have been it, thanks for clarifying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad