Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs re-sign Andreas Johnsson to 1 year, $787k two-way contract

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The Forecaster hockey pool guide has Johnsson winning the Calder fwiw. Mind you I got the one with the big 4 on the cover so it might be tailored to Leafs fan in this particular demographic.

If not .... Great troll job Forecaster, I'm sure Buffalo fans love to hear other rookies may beat their Bobby Orr clone for the award.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The Forecaster hockey pool guide has Johnsson winning the Calder fwiw. Mind you I got the one with the big 4 on the cover so it might be tailored to Leafs fan in this particular demographic.

If not .... Great troll job Forecaster, I'm sure Buffalo fans love to hear other rookies may beat their Bobby Orr clone for the award.
Maybe they're expecting Johnsson to play with either Matthews-Nylander or Tavares Marner. Still think he'll be with Kadri.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

This sounds like a great topic for a main board thread, see if any rival fans think he has a chance.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Probably wouldn't be mine, but it's an interesting prediction. Johnsson would be older than a fair number of rookies, and his chances could very well increase if he finds himself as the LW for Matthews or Tavares in short enough order.

Dahlin could be a good choice given he's such a highly regarded 1st OA, though D is possibly the toughest position to acclimate to.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
when a dman is involved in Calder right at the top pedigree becomes a huge factor. I see Dahlin running away with it as long as he holds down a top4 D position TBH, unless a forward scores 40 goals or 90+ points and forces voters to give it to him. The hype around Dahlin will just give him a massive head start on the competition

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I’m very high on Johnsson, but let’s not get carried away. Best case is he puts up 40ish points as a rookie, which still won’t see him win the Calder.

Potentially unpopular opinion but I can see him replacing Marleau on the Matthews line by seasons end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad